McLeish claims we aren't fit enough

K.A.I

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Passed over for the job, so let's do a bit of back stabbing and save the taigs the trouble. We even have to go to the daily rhabid to read the fucking thing.

Then worse still, we jump in like a jesuit on an alter boy.

We are worse than the fucking team.

No ones jumped in the over wheeling response is he's wrong - my own opinion included 

we are a lot of things - weak but not unfit 

10 minutes ago, loyalfollower said:

celtic were far fitter and sharper on Saturday.  Mainly in midfield, same can be said for most games this season

i said in the match thread after the game on sat that celtic looked physically stronger and fitter than us  if you take some of their players who played against us in the semi we won they look far stronger now  can only assume that is down to the fitness work and training that rogers has installed                                                          m

1 hour ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

So we're siding with MOH now?  If MOH is such a poster boy for fitness and professionalism why not recall the loan and put him on our left-wing where he's needed?

Not siding with anyone. Merely confirming MOH was in my gym often late pm/evening doing intense shuttle runs ?

Physical fitness is fine. It's the mental fitness these players lack. They almost look taken aback that teams have a go in the second half if were beating them at half time. They need to get a mental grip of the game and realise playing for Rangers is a 90 minute peak every single game. There is no room for lapses when you play for us. 

24 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Incredible everyone now saying we are clearly unfit yet I can't think of seeing a single person saying before McLeish's comments.

That's not true.

I clearly remember people on here over the past month voicing concerns over our fitness.

My question here is, why are ceptic fitter than us? The videos of our training have shown our team going through their paces so what are they doing different?

13 minutes ago, City_of_Blue said:

That's not true.

I clearly remember people on here over the past month voicing concerns over our fitness.

My question here is, why are ceptic fitter than us? The videos of our training have shown our team going through their paces so what are they doing different?

It's not true that I can't think of seeing a single poster voicing concerns over our fitness? Well thanks for telling me what I can remember seeing.

If we're so unfit, how come Partick didn't run over the top of us in ET?

The better football team always finishes stronger in any game. The lesser team puts that much in trying to stay in the game they end up blowing out their holes. 

Sellick made the ball do more of the work with their superior players and passing. We were chasing, chasing, chasing until we ended up chasing shadows. 

It doesn't matter who suggests we are unfit, if the players ask themselves whether they can do more to improve their fitness and the answer is yes and they do something about it then that it is what we should we should expect.   If they say no then I would expect Pedro to send them on their way asap.

2 minutes ago, andyhrfc said:

It doesn't matter who suggests we are unfit, if the players ask themselves whether they can do more to improve their fitness and the answer is yes and they do something about it then that it is what we should we should expect.   If they say no then I would expect Pedro to send them on their way asap.

Yeh, maybe they should all join an athletics club.

Maybe Thistle should join too and beat every other team in the league.

Are you getting it yet?

We are shite by comparison. If we had 10 as fit as Bolt, we still couldn't beat them.

2 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Yeh, maybe they should all join an athletics club.

Maybe Thistle should join too and beat every other team in the league.

Are you getting it yet?

We are shite by comparison. If we had 10 as fit as Bolt, we still couldn't beat them.

We are not fit enough, not skilful enough, lack positional awareness,  and lack spatial awareness.   This thread is about fitness and could we do better?   Yes.

1 hour ago, billscott said:

i said in the match thread after the game on sat that celtic looked physically stronger and fitter than us  if you take some of their players who played against us in the semi we won they look far stronger now  can only assume that is down to the fitness work and training that rogers has installed                                                          m

It's confidence and sense of superiority. the moment they scored they knew they were going to win it and we believed it too.

1 hour ago, duffy2391 said:

I wouldn't say the team lacks fitness, we lack concentration in certain areas at times but the fitness of the squad as a whole has never stuck out as an issue for me. They came out looking like a new team in extra time last week.

Being allowed 4 subs probably helped with looking like a new team - almost half the outfield starters had been replaced!

Re concentration - it's one of the first things to go if you're not fully fit, so maybe one thing leads to the other?

55 minutes ago, The Dude said:

It's not true that I can't think of seeing a single poster voicing concerns over our fitness? Well thanks for telling me what I can remember seeing.

If we're so unfit, how come Partick didn't run over the top of us in ET?

Pena & Herrera - slow getting up to speed

Windass - has a reasonable 25 minutes, then disappears.

Miller - legs seem to have finally gone.

All been under the spotlight for their inability to consistently contribute or they way they go about it on the park recently.

All fitness related & that's a third of a team.

Are you sure you haven't seen any of the posts about them?