Club 1872 meeting

geneva_ger

9 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Missed that bit mate, that’s a fucking joke. The whole selling point of the lifetime membership was it would be in your family for evermore. 

Voted no anyway, but I’m sure the flock will say yes. 

ANother 90 odd % vote coming up by any chance? :whistle:

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, geneva_ger said:

I must add to my previous comment that I mean absolutely no disrespect to D'Art who has done his utmost and with great respect from us Bears. We are shareholders who have perhaps become more disenfranchised of late so maybe it's time to be more direct. We do have some in our fold who could approach it differently. I have a name who I think could represent us.

Pedro is not my first choice and my anger is not at him at this time, he is still the manager. I would like to see our Rangers board, major shareholders and our 1872 board rip some folk a new fucking arsehole and speak up to the press and footballing authorities about the constant one-way hounding of everything Rangers. You don't have to be a blazer to do this.

Who are you proposing?

18 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

Hold on. Who 'hounded' D'Art out? Because having been relatively close to him through that whole shambles that is certainly not a word I would use to describe what happened.

Okay, let me reword it - he was left with no option but to resign his position due to the actions of others.

He was hung out to dry due to sticking by his principles.

That better?

6 minutes ago, NamibianBear said:

Corruption.  You will not get anyone with morals to join and remain due to the sheer corruption involved by all at the top and those that helped to build this.

anyone you do get to stand will either become another lapdog to the corruption, be corrupted themselves or will walk away.

That and your next question about who I had/have in mind would not come in to it.

I can't attend so I am thinking of the right question to ask by email.

Why do we continue with 'bridge building' ? Will be airbrushed aside.

Why are we not attacking bias in the media ? Ditto

Why are club not doing more to support the fans ? Ditto

Why do the scum continue to get so many tickets. Stick them in the corner.

Any suggestions for a good question will be most welcome.

1 minute ago, geneva_ger said:

I agree, do not rely on email to them. Personal experience that I will not divulge to the tim lurkers on here. 1872 are a shambles.

1872 are and always have been always will  be no more than a board shill,people can’t say they weren’t warned.

2 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

I can't attend so I am thinking of the right question to ask by email.

Why do we continue with 'bridge building' ? Will be airbrushed aside.

Why are we not attacking bias in the media ? Ditto

Why are club not doing more to support the fans ? Ditto

Why do the scum continue to get so many tickets. Stick them in the corner.

Any suggestions for a good question will be most welcome.

why do you never answer emails would be good.

6 hours ago, K.A.I said:

I've tried that before at previous meetings 

not recently though and your opinion gets met with awkward silence or a few tuts so I've gave up and accepted we've  too many clowns in our support 

for my own health and well being more than anything 

I've done that in the past and got nowhere.  Gave up on FF as it was pointless.  Went to meetings and asked questions, written to directors etc.  Got absolutely nowhere.  If you aren't singing off their pre-set song sheet then you can forget it.   Apart from anything else, you have to be a C1872 member for this event therefore that rules out the vast majority of our fans including ST holders and shareholders.

4 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

I've done that in the past and got nowhere.  Gave up on FF as it was pointless.  Went to meetings and asked questions, written to directors etc.  Got absolutely nowhere.  If you aren't singing off their pre-set song sheet then you can forget it.   Apart from anything else, you have to be a C1872 member for this event therefore that rules out the vast majority of our fans including ST holders and shareholders.

I'm glad we're pals again :)

2 hours ago, rbr said:

The biggest and latest disgrace is the RF life memberships which were allowed to be passed from one generation to the next , now die with the member , it's in the new articles , an absolute disgrace yet again 

Why is this @rbr?

1 hour ago, geneva_ger said:

I would propose and I'm sure we would have a second, on someone from here to get on the 1872 board. I have a candidate in mind as we need a voice of the real fans group on there. Fuck the blazers, there are more working class fans (I'm sure) contribute to 1872 and we need action, not soundbites.

That will never happen as they will not allow it to happen.    How do you get someone to represent those fans who do not want involved with C1872 into a meeting with the club?   Answer:  you don't.    I have tried again and again to get a group for every fan but the nearest we got was the Fans Board which whilst not perfect was a starting point.   All it required was a a tweak here and there.  The current board binned that and set up C1872 in its stead as they had control of their new entity whereas they had no control over the RFB although a couple of RFB members did the dirty on the RFB in favour of the new board.

4 hours ago, Blue Avenger said:

The only stabilty this club has comes from the support and ST money and doesn't our boarxd know it, along with knowing they will never be held to account as we are a bunch of surrender monkeys and appeasers as they rip the hole out of us and treat us with utter contempt.

Roll up and spend your last dime...

2 hours ago, Virtuoso said:

We had one, D'Art - unfortunately hounded out.

D'Art is a quality writer. Of that there is no doubt. 

But he voluntarily left that board far too early, because he couldn't go back and edit what he had said and make sure it was perfect. He's a brilliant writer and his articles capture what the majority of fans are thinking. But he can't talk the way he writes. He was never the right guy for that job. 

That's is by no means a dug in D'Art, its more to do with him getting put forward for a role that he was never suited to.