Kings of Lyon - 10 Years On

BridgeIsBlue

The most memorable player from that season was Hutton. Pretty much untouchable. Bossed matches in the CL and Scottish international qualifiers against top outfits.

Went from being pretty ordinary to looking a top, top player in a very short space of time.

1 minute ago, Inigo said:

The most memorable player from that season was Hutton. Pretty much untouchable. Bossed matches in the CL and Scottish international qualifiers against top outfits.

Went from being pretty ordinary to looking a top, top player in a very short space of time.

And then back to ordinary after a good first month at Spurs. 

Where does the time go, remember screaming at the TV that whole game-just couldn't believe it. Rember watch the dire performance in the home match later, surrounded by scummy sheep fans in the now defunct Rosemount Bar. That was a terrible game - still we kicked on nicely to the UEFA final.

3 minutes ago, sandyinroyalblue said:

Cousin's pass to Beasley:drool:

Big Cousin was fantastic as the lone striker in Walters's preferred set up for some of our big games at that time , just a pity that the red card in the semi prevented that option for Manchester . 10 years seems fucking unreal though !

7 minutes ago, Fred H Crawford said:

Big Cousin was fantastic as the lone striker in Walters's preferred set up for some of our big games at that time , just a pity that the red card in the semi prevented that option for Manchester . 10 years seems fucking unreal though !

His last game at the piggery was some performance, even though he was red carded he absolutely bossed McManus and Caldwell who spent the whole game greetin like wee lassies.

Will never tire of watching the goals from that game. I remember Beasleys in particular and almost hesitating to celebrate incase he was offside. Felt unreal.  

Nearly shit myself when Juninho was standing over the ball at the couple of free kicks they had. 

3 minutes ago, ready1873 said:

Will never tire of watching the goals from that game. I remember Beasleys in particular and almost hesitating to celebrate incase he was offside. Felt unreal.  

Nearly shit myself when Juninho was standing over the ball at the couple of free kicks they had. 

He could do it from quite a distance if I remember correctly.

1 hour ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

Where does the time go, remember screaming at the TV that whole game-just couldn't believe it. Rember watch the dire performance in the home match later, surrounded by scummy sheep fans in the now defunct Rosemount Bar. That was a terrible game - still we kicked on nicely to the UEFA final.

Never got over how that went from Darcheville hitting the bar from just about under it for 1-1, to 3-0 in, what seemed, a matter of moments.

1 minute ago, HG5 said:

Never got over how that went from Darcheville hitting the bar from just about under it for 1-1, to 3-0 in, what seemed, a matter of moments.

Yep... if that goes in (fucking should have!!) we would have went through.... group of Barca, Lyon and Stuttgart - that would have been some achievement!!

What a game, what a season. 10 years? Fucking hell. 

The confidence and willingness we had in those first few CL games was incredible. I honestly thought we were unlucky to draw with Barcelona at Ibrox. Cousin and Ferguson both missed sitters IIRC. 

Just now, johanhentze said:

Yep... if that goes in (fucking should have!!) we would have went through.... group of Barca, Lyon and Stuttgart - that would have been some achievement!!

Too right mate!

Happened right beneath where we sat & just couldn't believe he missed it!

2 minutes ago, Captain Hilts said:

What a game, what a season. 10 years? Fucking hell. 

The confidence and willingness we had in those first few CL games was incredible. I honestly thought we were unlucky to draw with Barcelona at Ibrox. Cousin and Ferguson both missed sitters IIRC. 

I think we were a bit unlucky in the away leg, too.

After being murdered 2-0, they sort of forgot what they were there for & Novo pulled a couple of decent late saves out of their keeper, iirc.