McInnes- is it now or never?

Deanzmeanzheinz

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

21 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

? one game and we get this pish....... 

To be fair we done ok in the previous game aswell.

The jury is still out with Pedro and it is going to take a lot to convince people after a few shambolic results but as i said he has had 1 transfer window to fix the absolute mess Warburton left behind, there are signs there that he has made good decisions with his recruitment although performances haven't been great so far.

21 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

? one game and we get this pish....... 

What pish? This is clearly a fishing thread or someone who has said something scared of being proven wrong. 

If this was straight after the Europa league game, then I would understand it. But not after 2 games where we have scored 4 & 3 goals with only a single goal conceded. 

5 minutes ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

What pish? This is clearly a fishing thread or someone who has said something scared of being proven wrong. 

If this was straight after the Europa league game, then I would understand it. But not after 2 games where we have scored 4 & 3 goals with only a single goal conceded. 

? ? ? ? 

41 minutes ago, Parlaneloyal said:

The wages we pay should guarantee second anyway

We pay more than the sheep,Hivs and St Johnstone added together

I'm certain Mcinnes would get us second and close the gap with the taigs but that's it

The wages thing is fair to an extent and we should expect better but I've said before there a Rangers factor to be added into the mix.

Players at any club that come to Rangers will earn 2, 3, 4 times what they're on at their provincial club.

Most will be on 1 to 2k pw tops. At us, 5, 6, 7 K. Its all about size of club, expectations, demand, scrutiny, club profile etc.

I firmly believe MOH, Jack, Templeton, Black all benefitted this way. Kyle ffs got offered 7 when he expected a grand and hoped for 2.

Which in turn means that if we signed Aberdeens full first team squad they'd likely cost us 2 to 4 times as much as they cost the sheep. Not 2 - 4 times better, just more expensive.

So when we look at us paying 8 million p.a. compared to the sheep 3 million annual salary the Rangers effect needs built in that wages alone aren't guaranteeing better players.

3 hours ago, The Beast said:

I think he's a taig and it's only a matter of time before he's outed.

Give them enough rope.....

The guy who calls himself 'The Beast' accuses me of being an earl ???

fuckin brilliant are you aware of either the current child abuse enquiry within Scottish football? Or have you heard of Jim Torbett?? 

Priceless ????

if your avatar gives you enough rope .....................???

8 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

It doesn't however you compare both squads and ours is far superior, in fact it was also superior last year yet they finished above us. 

How many Aberdeen players would get in our 11? One at a push IMO.

The keeper Shinnie and McLean maybe but that's it

7 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

It doesn't however you compare both squads and ours is far superior, in fact it was also superior last year yet they finished above us. 

How many Aberdeen players would get in our 11? One at a push IMO.

Well factually their squad was less expensive but finished higher, so you could argue better.  As a squad/team not individual players.

My point is that lets say we decided to buy their whole team as a quick fix as our summer strategy (and ignoring  transfer fees) we'd pay 2 to 4 times what the sheep did to put the same team on the park. Which then makes you realise for us we would want to go elsewhere for better value. It wouldn't make sense even though now we pay a lot more than the sheep do.

So salary budgets aren't the defining factor, as much as they are significant and the teams that pay more do tend to finish higher.

I'm not saying their player's would get into our team. I'm saying the cost of buying players and paying them is significantly higher at Rangers so in reality we can have equivalent players to other teams but a far heftier wage bill for similar calibre.

10 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Which should be testament to the job McInnes did with them, taking inferior players to second place.

Fully agree with what your saying, that's a huge problem which annoys me massively, we pay over the odds on players when we don't have time. As you said we offer 2-4 times what players are on at smaller clubs, when we shouldn't go over 1K more than their current weekly wage unless other clubs are in the mix offering higher wages. I doubt many(if any) SPFL players would knock us back for offering 1K extra a week.

The second point is a whole separate, interesting conversation.

The first one though I'd disagree to the extent that I'm saying they're not hugely inferior players, they're closer in calibre to ours than the wage gap suggests. He deserves credit but not due to the salary variance, more due to his recruitment, tactics and getting results.

Similar situation to an extent as ours and the bheasts (though they know how to win consistently) in terms of wage gap.

They pay 30 odd K per week but I'd say are beatable on the day. CL expectations you pay more but that doesn't mean their players are roughly 6 times the player of our 5k per week player or 15 times the 2k players at hibs or wherever.

There is a salary factor there too.

1 hour ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Which should be testament to the job McInnes did with them, taking inferior players to second place.

Saying that Aberdeen's team of last season had "inferior players" is doing them a disservice.  Warburton's squad was chalk full of talentless and gutless cowards.  If you were to compare the two teams man for man I think Aberdeen had a number of players that were better than our guys.  Barton, Rossiter, and Kranjcar should've dominated for us but they played anout 10 league games between them.

This season Aberdeen have a good record which is surprising given they've just lost two key players in Jack and Hayes.  I thought they would go downhill but they seems to be maintaining their results.

We have had 2 false starts with building a squad with McCoist and Warburton. Caixinha  has brought in about 10 players and tried to move on about the same. The squad appears to be starting to settle and the OP want to get rid of Caixinha . A new manager comes in and has his own ideas about who he wants in his squad and starts the cycle all over again. That sound just want Rangers need at this time. I think the OP is a taig and is at it. 

3 hours ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

The guy who calls himself 'The Beast' accuses me of being an earl ???

fuckin brilliant are you aware of either the current child abuse enquiry within Scottish football? Or have you heard of Jim Torbett?? 

Priceless ????

if your avatar gives you enough rope .....................???

Yep, I'm convinced you are and the truth will out.

15 hours ago, Rangers_no1 said:

McInnes for some strange reason is very underrated on here and his achievements with Aberdeen even more so.

He took them from 8th to 3rd and three second placed finishes including one with us in the league. Won a league cup and ended the sheeps record away to us.

This whole didn't challenge Deila's scum side is one of the worst downgrading points ever on this site. Not a valid reason and completely mental suggestion. Funnily enough same people say we cant compete with scum due to budgets yet McInnes was meant to on a nothing budget. Absolutely crazy!

Highest win rate since Ferguson.

Started the league win 7 wins and two draws only bad result at home to Kilmarnock. But hes clearly shit as they lost a cup game at Motherwell. Pedro clearly better, its not like hes seen 5 worse results in his time with us...

i agree with some of what you have written the uefa cup exit was a f...king disaster.  losing to the ginger poofs hibs and the scum was a nightmare  start in the league

pedro has had a better start in the league than our previous manager In the first ten games  warburton  lost 2 ,won 4 , 4 draws and got us to a league cup semi.

win the next couple of games and we will be will be in the league cup final and 4 points ahead of last seasons 10 game total.

mcinnes is a super manager there is no doubt about that,however he has been at aberdeen since march 2013.the board there have given him time to get things right and as you have pointed out only one of his three second place premier finishes has been achieved with us in the league.

pedro should be allowed more time at Rangers To write him off and replace him now will only cause further disruption and upheaval at the club

17 hours ago, Rangers_no1 said:

McInnes for some strange reason is very underrated on here and his achievements with Aberdeen even more so.

He took them from 8th to 3rd and three second placed finishes including one with us in the league. Won a league cup and ended the sheeps record away to us.

This whole didn't challenge Deila's scum side is one of the worst downgrading points ever on this site. Not a valid reason and completely mental suggestion. Funnily enough same people say we cant compete with scum due to budgets yet McInnes was meant to on a nothing budget. Absolutely crazy!

Highest win rate since Ferguson.

Started the league win 7 wins and two draws only bad result at home to Kilmarnock. But hes clearly shit as they lost a cup game at Motherwell. Pedro clearly better, its not like hes seen 5 worse results in his time with us...

i agree with some of what you have written especially in regard to the start of this seasons campaign the uefa cup exit was a f...king disaster and losing to the ginger poofs hibs and the scum in the league was a nightmare

however pedro has had a better start in the league than our previous manager. In the first ten games  warburton  lost 2 ,won 4 , 4 draws and got us to a league cup semi.

i believe pedros results last season should be discounted as the team was full of warburtons dispirited and unmotivated duds and the season was long gone at that point anyway

win the next couple of games in the current campaign and we will be will be in the league cup final and 4 points ahead of last seasons 10 game total.

mcinnes is a super manager there is no doubt about that,however he has been at aberdeen since march 2013.

the board there have given him time to get things right and as you have pointed out only one of his three second place premier finishes has been achieved with us in the league.

pedro should be allowed more time at Rangers To write him off and replace him now will only cause further disruption and upheaval at the club