McInnes- is it now or never?

Deanzmeanzheinz

I think people are being a bit hard on the Op; he comes across to be a a football man, and particularly a Rangers man, who has thoughts about the club, and a love for the club; his posts are generally quite good, it would appear from reading most of his posts. McIness is not the manager for me, but I can understand why some fans might want him, and why some would speculate about him potentially being our manager. I think the OP was overly critical about our performance the other night, especially against a team who hadn't lost at home this season. I think Caixinha should be given the a lot more time, and if he is the man for the job, on the whole he is going the right way about it- we have improved as a squad since he came ; the performances have been better since last season; and he seems to have a plan to take the club forward. He deserves more time, and a little more respect for that, in my opinion.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, kenny6131 said:

I,m not fat 17yrs of mil trg I am a machine. Stay of the roids angry man

Pity they didn't teach you basic English in the military.

What kind of machine are you?

Get yourself into the "post a recent picture of yourself" thread in the OT and give the troops a swatch of the Kenny machine.

1 hour ago, dougal72 said:

Relatively happy with the progress being made by Pedro so it's a no from me. But funnily enough it is Aberdeens consistency that is putting all the pressure on him. If we were six points behind the scum but sitting on equal points or even a point or so behind Aberdeen and on the same number of points we have at the moment, I'm guessing most on here would be relatively happy at this stage of the season. The Aberdeen games are absolutely huge this year.

got to remember that the sheep havent lost to celtic yet, we have, its like a game in hand for us, we win the weekend they lose to the tarriers and its back to 3 and gives us momentum hopefully

better yet the tarriers lose and we thump aberdeen, bump back to 3 points at the top

We have to stop looking to change managers all time. Pedro has to be given at least a season and another window or two. He certainly has an eye for a player and recruited well in the summer.

Progress (hate that word) can be seen to be being made on the park. Patience is required.

I've just hidden some OTT insulting posts. I'm sick of the way people resort to personal insult just because they disagree with a post or a topic.  The forum is about opinion and debate about Rangers by Rangers fans.  You don't have to agree or love each other but try to keep the personal insults out of it.  There will be plenty of other Bears who don't post because the level of abuse at times is ridiculous.

For what it is worth, my opinion of the actual topic is I don't think McInnes is good enough.

11 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

I've just hidden some OTT insulting posts. I'm sick of the way people resort to personal insult just because they disagree with a post or a topic.  The forum is about opinion and debate about Rangers by Rangers fans.  You don't have to agree or love each other but try to keep the personal insults out of it.  There will be plenty of other Bears who don't post because the level of abuse at times is ridiculous.

For what it is worth, my opinion of the actual topic is I don't think McInnes is good enough.

Cheers JCD i really appreciate that, and your opinion.?

So under rated on here people just can't see what right there. To criticize him for not winning the title is unreal. Look at the difference in money and as poor as celtic were they still finished with 90 odd points every sesdon. He would win the title with our budget even against Brenda imo

We would only be second best under him. He simply isn't good enough to match the taigs.

There isn't a vacancy anyhow, and I think Pedro will come good for us. His team is starting to gel and he can strengthen further in the January transfer window.

Derek can stick with his beloved sheep and settle for third place this season.

3 hours ago, Turnberry18 said:

I think people are being a bit hard on the Op; he comes across to be a a football man, and particularly a Rangers man, who has thoughts about the club, and a love for the club; his posts are generally quite good, it would appear from reading most of his posts. McIness is not the manager for me, but I can understand why some fans might want him, and why some would speculate about him potentially being our manager. I think the OP was overly critical about our performance the other night, especially against a team who hadn't lost at home this season. I think Caixinha should be given the a lot more time, and if he is the man for the job, on the whole he is going the right way about it- we have improved as a squad since he came ; the performances have been better since last season; and he seems to have a plan to take the club forward. He deserves more time, and a little more respect for that, in my opinion.

I had a bit of a exchange with the OP following him calling us shite after we put 4 past Hamilton, I pointed out he had said the same when we put 4 past Dundee.  It honestly crossed my mind yesterday that the OP could have no complaints about us going up there and winning 0-3 only to find he has started a thread about who should replace the manager.

I need to be clear here, I agree the OP has the right to his opinion and is clearly a Rangers man however its getting tedious, harsh and imo ridiculous.  We have scored 7 with one in reply in our last two games.  Pedro will get all the stick he deserves and then some more when its due, the guy deserves credit (or at least a break) when it goes well.

There are more than enough people out there with the sole ambition to destabilise us without us having a thread about replacing our Manager on the back of a solid win.

11 minutes ago, MacBoyd said:

So under rated on here people just can't see what right there. To criticize him for not winning the title is unreal. Look at the difference in money and as poor as celtic were they still finished with 90 odd points every sesdon. He would win the title with our budget even against Brenda imo

celtic were awful under Delia, absolute garbage, several times the Sheep had big games to either put them right in the title race or give them the advantage.  Time and again they never got the result.  That says to me he either lacks the experience, bottle or capability to deliver when it matters - I have no axe to grind with DM, indeed I hope he continues to develop however imo he has done nothing to prove he is capable of winning titles or toppling the tramps.

2 minutes ago, markem said:

I had a bit of a exchange with the OP following him calling us shite after we put 4 past Hamilton, I pointed out he had said the same when we put 4 past Dundee.  It honestly crossed my mind yesterday that the OP could have no complaints about us going up there and winning 0-3 only to find he has started a thread about who should replace the manager.

I need to be clear here, I agree the OP has the right to his opinion and is clearly a Rangers man however its getting tedious, harsh and imo ridiculous.  We have scored 7 with one in reply in our last two games.  Pedro will get all the stick he deserves and then some more when its due, the guy deserves a credit (or at least a break) when it goes well.

There are more than enough people out there with the sole ambition to destabilise us without us having a thread about replacing our Manager on the back of a solid win.

Yep, and i agreed that the result was good as was of course Friday night's. But i still think there is a lot ofvthings not right both on and off the park. McInnes was headhunted by Sunderland over the Summer and i think other clubs will come knocking if he keeps eg Aberdeen second in the table. 

I'm not actually advocating for the job as such because i do have some doubts but giving that Guardiola is out our reach is there a better realistic candidate out there? 

Something i'm more sure about is that Pedro will be out (i hope im wrong, i genuinely do) but its my opinion thus the question. But thanks for posting, and disagreeing while keeping it real at the same time ?

1 minute ago, markem said:

I need to be clear here, I agree the OP has the right to his opinion and is clearly a Rangers man however its getting tedious, harsh and imo ridiculous.  We have scored 7 with one in reply in our last two games.  Pedro will get all the stick he deserves and then some more when its due, the guy deserves a credit (or at least a break) when it goes well.

Great post. I remember the OP after the Hamilton match, and to be fair he held his hands up at that time.