McInnes- is it now or never?

Deanzmeanzheinz

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

Are we missing a trick here? Is he a very good manager/coach staring us in the face? 

I appreciate it will be difficult to get him (even though they allowed him to meet Sunderland) but he is 'one of our own'.

So, should we bite the bullet with Pedro and go for him before someone else moves in? 

I'm not a Pedro fan but even I'm willing to give him a season at least. 

Wouldn't have McInnes either but.

13 minutes ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

Aye right, Mr Angry asking for others to be banned. Stay out yer bed the night, Shambles. Your always good for a laugh. 

You have a very strange fascination with other posters being in bed. Very odd.

5 hours ago, Tenerife Bear said:

I think it's because he managed a 1-0 win at Easter Rd against an awful awful Hibs side. 

And your opinion of him is spot on. Mediocre pish. 

Ignoring the Pedro question when he goes we need a top drawer manager that can attract players. Considering kilmarnock got Steve Clarke with the teams he has managed and some of the other candidates that have applied for other scottish gigs we can aim much higher next time. If its a case of 20 quid on a season book for a top class manager it should be done.

How much would it cost to pay off Pedro and his entire coaching staff?  How much would Aberdeen want in compensation for McInnes who has just signed a new contract with them?  I'm guessing the process of swapping Pedro for McInnes would cost this club millions so it's a no for me.

9 hours ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

Are we missing a trick here? Is he a very good manager/coach staring us in the face? 

I appreciate it will be difficult to get him (even though they allowed him to meet Sunderland) but he is 'one of our own'.

So, should we bite the bullet with Pedro and go for him before someone else moves in? 

I tend to agree with the  majority of your posts but on this occasion you are coming across as an attention seeking arsehole. We've just enjoyed 2 good results and you want to discuss a change of management. Now's not the time.

10 hours ago, Turnberry18 said:

I agree about Windass. I think the defence worries me also, but not in the centre. I have been a huge fan of Foderingham, but I doubt he can command a cross ball. Last night we lost a sequence of six or seven corners in a row, and I would lay that at Foderingham, he has no command of his box in those situations; some of those corners were put in his vicinity, and only when we were two up did he finally collect one, when they had 10 men and fewer men in the box. It breaks my heart to say it, but I would be looking for a new goalkeeper. As for your last point, are meaning his press conferences; because I think Caixinha is no mug, and could come good for us if we give him time.

Wes was being shielded from the ball and held and fouled by the forward on pretty much every occasion.

I've been moaning about everyone back for corners and on Friday we kept 2 or 3 up. We then defend zonally so there was no one to go between CF and keeper (we should have identified and sorted that).

I'm all for criticising if due but not if he is literally being held onto by the opposition and prevented from going for cross balls. He HAS improved his dominating and coming for crosses in recent weeks. On friday night he was smartly / illegally prevented from doing so and gets no grief from me as a result.

It's Now Or Never ?

I've got a Suspicious Mind that McInnes becoming a Teddy Bear  would lead to a Heartbreak Hotel and we'd be All Shook Up, Moody Blue and going Way On Down, rather than having the tims Crying In The Chapel.   

Little Less Conversation on this please OP.

24 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Wes was being shielded from the ball and held and fouled by the forward on pretty much every occasion.

I've been moaning about everyone back for corners and on Friday we kept 2 or 3 up. We then defend zonally so there was no one to go between CF and keeper (we should have identified and sorted that).

I'm all for criticising if due but not if he is literally being held onto by the opposition and prevented from going for cross balls. He HAS improved his dominating and coming for crosses in recent weeks. On friday night he was smartly / illegally prevented from doing so and gets no grief from me as a result.

Not all the time though, and even from a cross ball in play he nearly cost us. I agree he was impeded on some occasions, but his command of those situations is non existent at times. As a shot stopper he is excellent, but he needs to improve, even more, in dead ball situations, in my opinion. I'd like to see Alnwick move on, and a higher standard of keeper brought in that would challenge Wes more. It worked for McGregor, so maybe it would help Wes. I'm going to bow to your better judgement, and hopefully he has improved there; the other night I didn't see that!

11 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

McInnes for some strange reason is very underrated on here and his achievements with Aberdeen even more so.

He took them from 8th to 3rd and three second placed finishes including one with us in the league. Won a league cup and ended the sheeps record away to us.

This whole didn't challenge Deila's scum side is one of the worst downgrading points ever on this site. Not a valid reason and completely mental suggestion. Funnily enough same people say we cant compete with scum due to budgets yet McInnes was meant to on a nothing budget. Absolutely crazy!

Highest win rate since Ferguson.

Started the league win 7 wins and two draws only bad result at home to Kilmarnock. But hes clearly shit as they lost a cup game at Motherwell. Pedro clearly better, its not like hes seen 5 worse results in his time with us...

:aberdeen:

:rofl:

McInnes is a decent manager, I will say that much. And his work at Aberdeen had been good as well. He can spot talent and he knows how to set up even if he is a bit of a tinkerer. 

However, he has his short comings. He failed to win the league against an abysmal celtic side, bottled it a few times. His side isn't that good at tines, 3 out of 4 times we playes last season we were the better team. 

But more importantly, would he even be able to handle the pressure the job brings? Being the Rangers manager and the sheepshaggers manager is two very different things. They'll be a different level of scrutiny for him to endure, both by us the fans and by the media. 

As the Aberdeen manager whenever he will play against us, he'll always get the benefit of the doubt in a way. Or his loss won't be reported as being that big/bad and a win would be the best thing since sliced bread. If he's a Rangers manager that all changes, a loss is apocalypse style stuff and a win is "just expected". 

Playing celtic has a whole new meaning as well, would he be able to step up to that? What at Rangers could he improve to go toe to toe with celtic in a old firm at the paedodome. 

Credit where credit is due, he did pit celtic on the backfoot in the Scottish cip final last year, however that was never capitalised on and they failed to win. 

Also i firmly believe there is better managers than McInnes. For example Pedro is a better manager. 

14 hours ago, plumbGER said:

Who the fuck you talking to ya spastic?

So when i go to the gym is that not classed as going out?

Or are you one of these fat bastards that hate gym people?

Chill out for for feck sake those roids are making you angry

Relatively happy with the progress being made by Pedro so it's a no from me. But funnily enough it is Aberdeens consistency that is putting all the pressure on him. If we were six points behind the scum but sitting on equal points or even a point or so behind Aberdeen and on the same number of points we have at the moment, I'm guessing most on here would be relatively happy at this stage of the season. The Aberdeen games are absolutely huge this year.

11 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

Not all the time though, and even from a cross ball in play he nearly cost us. I agree he was impeded on some occasions, but his command of those situations is non existent at times. As a shot stopper he is excellent, but he needs to improve, even more, in dead ball situations, in my opinion. I'd like to see Alnwick move on, and a higher standard of keeper brought in that would challenge Wes more. It worked for McGregor, so maybe it would help Wes. I'm going to bow to your better judgement, and hopefully he has improved there; the other night I didn't see that!

He got distracted coming for a cross ball. A mistake but not the same as not being dominant. It really was pretty much every occasion he was shielded / held. Its a smart tactic if the ref doesnt penalise it first time as it opens up the gap between a keeper who can't move from goal line and a row of defenders on 6 yard line.

I think he and Alnwick are a similar standard.

I've not seen one name mentioned as a new keeper who is free or available soon on a pre contract. Not one name. To buy better I'd suggest we're well into 7 figures. We don't have it. That's normally when people reply back saying they're not scouts or that's not their job to know every player. Its living in an idealistic world stuff.

Imo other areas need prioritised. Whilst I'd accept I'd like a better keeper (oh for a Gorum or Klos) it's not a burning issue as keepers really aren't costing us goals and points.

3 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

He got distracted coming for a cross ball. A mistake but not the same as not being dominant. It really was pretty much every occasion he was shielded / held. Its a smart tactic if the ref doesnt penalise it first time as it opens up the gap between a keeper who can't move from goal line and a row of defenders on 6 yard line.

I think he and Alnwick are a similar standard.

I've not seen one name mentioned as a new keeper who is free or available soon on a pre contract. Not one name. To buy better I'd suggest we're well into 7 figures. We don't have it. That's normally when people reply back saying they're not scouts or that's not their job to know every player. Its living in an idealistic world stuff.

Imo other areas need prioritised. Whilst I'd accept I'd like a better keeper (oh for a Gorum or Klos) it's not a burning issue as keepers really aren't costing us goals and points.

I agree, that's out of order and I won't do that. I would have totally agreed with you, on all your points, at the start of the season, but I have my concern about what looks to me as an obvious weaknes in Wes' game, and I say it with a heavy heart as well because Foderingham is a great guy, and on his game the best in this league, particularly when it comes to shot stopping; he has saved us from bad/worse results many a time. I might be being over critical, I accept that, but it is something I can't help but notice now and again.