The Case for keeping Pedro

Bluepeter9

7 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

.... and that's the issue for me - no time - no patience. But I'm advocating for us to chance and have that patience give Pedro that time 

To be fair you seem to want to give every manager we ever have an unlimited amount of time.

Even with Ally and Warburton you were still in the "they must stay!" camp right up until they were shown the door 

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

58 minutes ago, AlCapone said:

Under the current board the current model is unsustainable, we wont stop 10IAR and wont ever compete with our rival, crowds will dwindle to 25k within a couple of seasons  

Crowds have not dwindled yet - as I've said I'm neutral on the board but we also have to be financially stable - board seem steady and doing a lot right but all we care about is what's on the pitch and in my opinion is patience is what will help us climb back to the top. 

3 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

To be fair you seem to want to give every manager we ever have an unlimited amount of time.

Even with Ally and Warburton you were still in the "they must stay!" camp right up until they were shown the door 

.. and I suspect I'm right! The squad is incrementally getting better as we stabilise the club and climb back up - we heap pressure on managers and MW could not cope but I think Pedro will. So patience is required. 

1 minute ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Crowds have not dwindled yet - as I've said I'm neutral on the board but we also have to be financially stable - board seem steady and doing a lot right but all we care about is what's on the pitch and in my opinion is patience is what will help us climb back to the top. 

While we give the team and manager all this patience that you're telling us to have can you explain who is stopping the taigs winning league after league and benefitting yearly on champions league money? 

How are we catching them in your head if they're just always getting more money?

8 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

.. and I suspect I'm right! The squad is incrementally getting better as we stabilise the club and climb back up - we heap pressure on managers and MW could not cope but I think Pedro will. So patience is required. 

With the exception of Aberdeen away Pedro has lost every big game we've played under his tenure. What are you seeing that makes you think he will cope? 

51 minutes ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

Without the usual smartarse atitude i predicted this scenario at the start of the season. 

However, it was less to do with Pedro andmore about the ambition of the board. I said Pedro was a patsy appt. Like others have said who would want this job with the resources available? 

So, yep, bye Pedro but all eyes are now fixed squarely on DK and his cohorts. Another patsy and we know exactly where we stand with you and your board. Time to step up. 

The fact King came out and said he had nothing to do with the appointment gave him leeway if the shite hit the fan.

Given that Kilmarnock can get Steve Clarke who has a decent pedigree and other clubs will get 40-50 applications from a wide variety of managers. Some of the managers currently out of work - Paolo Sousa, Claude Puel, Paulo Bento, Aitor Karanka, Walter Mazzari, Alan Pardew, Mike Phelan,  Francesco Guidolin. Not suggesting any of these however it highlights that there is an experienced pool of managers out there.

37 minutes ago, Virtuoso said:

I'm actually the polar opposite. Finishing whether it be 2nd or 3rd is irrelevant - I want first.

My point was more that with what we've spent, we should at least be putting pressure on them - not sitting in fucking third place. Aberdeen are managing it, spending  a fraction of what we have - they also lost their 3 mainstay players in the summer and had to replace.

Yes, the board needs to go - absofuckinglutely (or at least some of them) - but it doesn't detract from the performances we've so far put out. They're unacceptable.

Maybe it's my paranoia, but everyone is fucking us. From the board, to selling clubs, to players, to the authorities, to the media.

We cannot afford players to deliver so little value in comparison to wages. We are a hostage to previous fortunes on that score and that's where I see the sheep and others having the jump on us. If all things were equal, I would say we should be miles ahead of the rest, barring the scum, but the reality is showing not only this season, that the bigger budget is not making a difference under successive managers and I see that as purely being down to buying and paying more for equivilent level players.

To be brutally honest, the only player that I even see a glimmer of quality in is John and even that is only potential. Alvez may have had it but it appears to have done a disappearing act. As for the rest,  journeymen at best. 

We have a keeper who can shot stop and do fuck all else right and is a shite bag. Just what we need. A right back who can't defend and needs a midfielder to constantly cover for him. So, a man down. Cardoso a central defender with a shrinking head. Alvez a central defender working on his pension plan. No left back, but makeshift with someone in John who does appear to have quality but not a left back.. Candias left mid who is our main cover for the right back we don't have. Jack, a centre mid who makes Halliday look like a world beater. Then we have Windass. Need I go on?!

Now with that as a basis, the mix to take on all our haters and challenge? I'm fucking surprised we can actually beat anyone. We are not at the fucking races. Mostly down to money in not being able to afford quality and partly paying over the odds for mediocrity being as who we are. Making do with makeshift and not learning lessons of the past and having no scouting system. Having the second biggest in our context is meaningless and totally ineffective. We are thowing away good money after bad. 

Year on year this board are suckering us gullibles into parting with hard earned on a dream that will never turn into reality. That second biggest budget is also the biggest red herring that this board know we will fall for. Hook, line and fucking sinker and we have taken it.

We are on a road to nowhere and whilst this motley crew remain in power. It will be groundhog day every fucking day. Over anylising managers and team performances. Seeking excuses, scapegoats and hanging parties, whilst the tills keep ringing in ching ching.

Someone like to tell me how we stop 10 iar with this board and the second biggest budget?

I rest my case.

15 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

So patience is required. 

I presume you like to watch paint dry ?

While you do that the scum bank their Euro millions ready for the day we ever look like challenging them, our board sit on their hands happy to survive on ST sales instead of securing outside investment needed.

Patience is all very well but it does no good when the opposition disappears over the horizon.

16 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

With the exception of Aberdeen away Pedro has lost every big game we've played under his tenure. What are you seeing that makes you think he will cope? 

win against kilmarnock and we will be 4 points better off than we were at this time last season.

the hammer throwing clowns motherwell were very lucky to have won that semi final yesterday.

i would like to give pedro a bit more time i do not see the club sacking him now as this will only cause further upheaval at the club

8 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

He's passionate!

The team have a bit more flexibility about them now - we get the ball faster from back to front, we create a lot of chances and. Start converting them we are there. 

We lose less goals and are stronger at corners / set pieces than before. 

Pedro comes across as intelligent and because he cares will be looking to fix or get players I who move the squad along. I think he is a fighter and will adapt to the challenges 

9 hours ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Getting where we want to go takes patience - I know many have none and think patience is somehow accepting second best. It's not l! it's what is required. Chopping and changing managers is NOT the answer. 

We are progressing - this squad is better than MWs squad - MWs squad was better than Ally's squad. This squad gives us something to build on. SAF SAID ABOUT 50% of transfers work. We made wholesale changes last summer ( something many fans wanted) and the squad needs strengthened and some players transitioned but we need to wait for transfer windows to happen. 

Many of us carry a sense of entitlement that we 'should' win - I expect that myself but it's not reality - even our great teams got beat - sometimes even a few times a season. This squad is not a great team, yet, but it is a good team and it will become a better team over time. 

Pedro has brought in a lot of players - and like with MW there learning curve is steep - not every player can tack it at Rangers, that doesn't make them bad players, that just makes them wrong for Rangers - most Managers say it takes a player 6 months or so to adapt and we ain't even there with most of these players. I like the squad Pedro has, I can see it gives us something to build on. What I think would be folly would be to start again, again. Patience is required and the time to evaluate is, at a minimum, the end of the season but for me it would be end of next season. 

On King and the board providing funds - we must maintain a sustainable financial model - overspending is what led us here - sacking yet another manager and transitioning into another managers squad vision is expensive so I think the board should hold its nerve and back Pedro through and beyond next summers transfer window. 

what a load of shit

23 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

You thot Ally could cope he couldn't

You thot MW could cope, he couldn't here and seemingly can't at NF either, I wouldn't be surprised if the NF job is his last in football management

but now you also believe Pedro can cope when everyone can see he can't cope

I could understand if we played well and were unlucky but Motherwell skelped us and were gonnae get skelped a few more times this season no doubt

but you want us to just close our eyes and cross our fingers and hope that it will suddenly change and we'll become world beaters 

it's not going to happen 

4 hours ago, Bluepeter9 said:

He's passionate!

The team have a bit more flexibility about them now - we get the ball faster from back to front, we create a lot of chances and. Start converting them we are there. 

We lose less goals and are stronger at corners / set pieces than before. 

Pedro comes across as intelligent and because he cares will be looking to fix or get players I who move the squad along. I think he is a fighter and will adapt to the challenges 

what about the goal lost at a corner y/day  be honest the manager is clueless and nearly every foreign player he has bought is rubbish  he has not adapted to the challenge of leaving pena and windass out the team  a blind man can see they are not good enough

5 hours ago, seville calculators said:

win against kilmarnock and we will be 4 points better off than we were at this point last season.

the hammer throwing clowns motherwell were very lucky to have won that semi final yesterday.

i would like to give pedro a bit more time i do not see the club sacking him now as this will only cause further upheaval at the club

m/well were not lucky y/day  and if we had players with guts we would have sorted out the hammer throwing clowns as you put it  we have a bunch of pussies with no heart or fight when they go behind  i for one would not bet on us beating killie or hearts this week

29 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

We can't win 3 games in a row...how are we progressing exactly? 

We got to a cup final while in the lower leagues. We got papped out the semi to Motherwell. Where is the progress?

You can't just keep a manager because you don't like chopping and changing. You don't keep an employee who is shite in any other job so why this one? 

12 minutes ago, seville calculators said:

win against kilmarnock and we will be 4 points better off than we were at this point last season.

What if we don’t win against killie? We should but what if we don’t? We should have beaten Motherwell but didn’t 

43 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

How long would you give them? Genuine question as it seems you want to give managers absolutely no time limit and never hold them accountable for any bad results. 

See this shite about we should have won yesterday, funny how nobody mentions that Motherwell SHOULD have got a draw,against us at fir park where they pummelled us for the last 20 mins,but they never,it's the end result that matters.

no word from King yet,surely a board meeting will take place if he's in the country? First priority is get that Stewart Robertson guy to fk along with his appointment pedro

20 minutes ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

I presume you like to watch paint dry ?

While you do that the scum bank their Euro millions ready for the day we ever look like challenging them, our board sit on their hands happy to survive on ST sales instead of securing outside investment needed.

Patience is all very well but it does no good when the opposition disappears over the horizon.

Thing is - if you never paint the room - never let the paint dry - you never get a decent room. 

None of us want them dominating or getting to 10 in a row - I think the best way is sticking with Pedro - you think it's best to change - same goal, different tactic. 

7 minutes ago, billscott said:

m/well were not lucky y/day  and if we had players with guts we would have sorted out the hammer throwing clowns as you put it  we have a bunch of pussies with no heart or fight when they go behind  i for one would not bet on us beating killie or hearts this week

whenever the 40 yard lob went in from the hammer throwers you could see the Rangers heads go down

this was a massive disappointment for me that  the team did not believe they could recover from this.

you have to admit Rangers had many more chances than motherwell but could not put the ball in the net

4 minutes ago, jackrfc95 said:

How long would you give them? Genuine question as it seems you want to give managers absolutely no time limit and never hold them accountable for any bad results. 

Answered, Even in this thread I have said it's worth a check point at end of season and I'd give him till the end of next season - then another check point. 

20 minutes ago, billscott said:

whenever the 40 yard lob went in from the hammer throwers you could see the players heads go down

this was a massive disappointment for me that  the team did not believe they could recover from this.

you have to admit Rangers had many more chances than motherwell but could not put the ball in the net

and lets face it at least one of the well players should have been sent off before they scored 

the referee was appalling and not up to the job