The Case for keeping Pedro

Bluepeter9

19 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

These 2 have to be dropped. But there's problems throughout the team.

Huge issue is how we get more support to Morelos who is getting more isolated and frustrated (and poor) by the week.

Get support to him in a front 2 (preferably Hardie but if games could be a battle then Herrera might suit better). Yesterday if we scored first half to go ahead in certain our confidence would grow and we'd have won.

I'd focus on how to get the goals whilst dominating a midfield as being our biggest issues at present.

Options are light and I don't think Pedro will be for making much in the way of changes anyway.

He's stuck with the same people for a while and it's sometimes produced. The squad isn't such that changes will make a huge difference (although IMO Pena and Windass = lose any midfield 'battle').

It's a matter of time for Pedro and then further transfer windows to make changes that finances allow.

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, buster. said:

Options are light and I don't think Pedro will be for making much in the way of changes anyway.

He's stuck with the same people for a while and it's sometimes produced. The squad isn't such that changes will make a huge difference (although IMO Pena and Windass = lose any midfield 'battle').

It's a matter of time for Pedro and then further transfer windows to make changes that finances allow.

he has to change something. For me I would bring in McCrororie and go 3 at the back. Push John up on the left Tav on the right and drop Windass. Drop pena and start with herrero and Morelos in a 3-5-2. 

1 hour ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Getting where we want to go takes patience - I know many have none and think patience is somehow accepting second best. It's not l! it's what is required. Chopping and changing managers is NOT the answer. 

We are progressing - this squad is better than MWs squad - MWs squad was better than Ally's squad. This squad gives us something to build on. SAF SAID ABOUT 50% of transfers work. We made wholesale changes last summer ( something many fans wanted) and the squad needs strengthened and some players transitioned but we need to wait for transfer windows to happen. 

Many of us carry a sense of entitlement that we 'should' win - I expect that myself but it's not reality - even our great teams got beat - sometimes even a few times a season. This squad is not a great team, yet, but it is a good team and it will become a better team over time. 

Pedro has brought in a lot of players - and like with MW there learning curve is steep - not every player can tack it at Rangers, that doesn't make them bad players, that just makes them wrong for Rangers - most Managers say it takes a player 6 months or so to adapt and we ain't even there with most of these players. I like the squad Pedro has, I can see it gives us something to build on. What I think would be folly would be to start again, again. Patience is required and the time to evaluate is, at a minimum, the end of the season but for me it would be end of next season. 

On King and the board providing funds - we must maintain a sustainable financial model - overspending is what led us here - sacking yet another manager and transitioning into another managers squad vision is expensive so I think the board should hold its nerve and back Pedro through and beyond next summers transfer window. 

?

4 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

he has to change something. For me I would bring in McCrororie and go 3 at the back. Push John up on the left Tav on the right and drop Windass. Drop pena and start with herrero and Morelos in a 3-5-2. 

I'd agree (though in some games I'd like to see Moreolos / Hardie).

But I think he's too stubborn to change his system let alone personnel.

1 minute ago, kenny6131 said:

Our biggest issue is we have a good starting 11 but we can't just play the same 11 every game and this is the issue we have no competition for places,  he's had 1 transfer window just 1.  We need stability more than ever and Rangers is not a hire and fire club he needs at least 1 more transfer window. 

If we sack him and bring mcinnes in after 1 defeat to the sheep or tarriers it will be the same shite on here saying he's not up to the job why did we get him in etc etc. 

We don't have have a good starting eleven. We have an empty strip out at left mid in Windass, our fullbacks can't defend and the one bright spark we have in Morelos is hung out to dry isolated up front. We need to go 2 up top but we can't because we don't have the personnel to do it. 442 didn't work because Windass does fuck all and Candeais has to spend all day covering for Tav so the 2 cm's are swamped against 5 man midfields. 451 isn't working because again Windass does fuck all and Morelos gets no support. We can't go 3-5-2 because we'd get horsed down the flanks, it actually gives me nightmares thinking about forward players running at a potential back three. 

1 hour ago, buster. said:

Pedro has knew where this has been going for a longtime and I increasingly get the feeling he's almost willing the board to pay him off.

Surely a manager is not at a club so he can get fired - I believe he's at Rangers to win things - as that's not happening we need to pay him off - but no doubt he feels he can turn it around, but we just don't have the time, or patience.

I'd have started with holt. He gives a bit of steel in the middle .

Pena wasn't working first half and should have been pulled half time for Herrera to give morellis physical support .. windass is poor and id drop him now for nemane.

We dominated first half and had we got our goal we'd be in the final today .It's a combination of bad luck . Extremely poor refereeing in some games and Pedro being stubborn with team choice. 

We must play 2 strikers . Put steel in the middle to let dorrans flourish and drop windass .

January we must bring in another striker , Marvin Andrews type CH , a left winger and get Declan John on a pre contract minimum 

The idea of bringing in a manager who will either a) have to deal with a squad of Portuguese/Mexican players and either find a way of working them within his style or changing them all in January/next summer so that we can go through it all again year after year seems bonkers. I don’t have the answer, but changing the manager every year until someone clicks perfectly with a whole new squad doesn’t seem likely to work.

1 minute ago, Gaffbear said:

I'd have started with holt. He gives a bit of steel in the middle .

Pena wasn't working first half and should have been pulled half time for Herrera to give morellis physical support .. windass is poor and id drop him now for nemane.

We dominated first half and had we got our goal we'd be in the final today .It's a combination of bad luck . Extremely poor refereeing in some games and Pedro being stubborn with team choice. 

We must play 2 strikers . Put steel in the middle to let dorrans flourish and drop windass .

January we must bring in another striker , Marvin Andrews type CH , a left winger and get Declan John on a pre contract minimum 

Declan john, moult, walker, McLean would be the obvious choices, all spfl proven and cheap/free January buys. Get em signed now for peanuts rather than waiting til summer.

15 minutes ago, SkylineBlue said:

1. We can't afford to pay him off

2. I think a chunk of the squad would down tools 

I think a chunk of the squad would be happy to see the back of him, including some of the guys brought in during the summer.

6 minutes ago, stevemac said:

I'll back him until Rangers do something. Funny how fickle fans are, few weeks ago he had the support. Fucking hate the internet sometimes.

I haven't seen many fans flip flop on their opinion of Pedro, vast majority on here have made it abundantly clear which side of the fence they sit on in that regard so you're talking shite.

1 minute ago, stevemac said:

Declan john, moult, walker, McLean would be the obvious choices, all spfl proven and cheap/free January buys. Get em signed now for peanuts rather than waiting til summer.

Not sure about McLean as I feel we have similar in jack holt and rossiter .. the rest is a must 

I think pedro should be given time.

he has failings but also isnt stubborn as other managers. 

Motherwell beat us tactically. they set out to bully the players and press high making us play long balls all day long. Pedro's response was we play our game and that will negate their tactics. to me this is just another way to say "do plan A better" he needs to find a way to combat the constant pressing and aggressive nature teams play against us.

The second failing is trying to build a team and formation around pena to justify the money spent.

stick to the 2 upfront and play pena in games that isn't as physical. the only plus I have seen to penas game is in the air and against Motherwell backline he was always going to struggle.

The third failing is windass. the boy is shite stop playing him.

If pedro fixing all the failings he will turn this around.

Ohhh ffs change the channel progression its a failed experiment get the fucker out now. reportedly 9 mil on players 2nd highest wage bill that cant compete with Mwell, Hivs or struggle with low or mid table teams and thats what some see as progression?? All the passion our manager has i dont g2f I want him to mould a team that can win 3 games in a row, get him out now before we regress further, I would like a top Manager that our support needs and deserves these young untried Managers dont work at Ibrox, McSalary, Warburton and now PC 6 years of this shite im sick of it, some fans keep protecting these useless c**ts and post like this I just get my coat and leave.

8 minutes ago, legalbeagle said:

The idea of bringing in a manager who will either a) have to deal with a squad of Portuguese/Mexican players and either find a way of working them within his style or changing them all in January/next summer so that we can go through it all again year after year seems bonkers. I don’t have the answer, but changing the manager every year until someone clicks perfectly with a whole new squad doesn’t seem likely to work.

Part of an obvious way would be a medium to long term plan that the DoF would be in charge of and we would stick to, even if it meant the occasional change of 'Head Coach'.

I can't see the short-term being anything other than difficult on a number of fronts but there has to be a vision/plan put in place that charters a realistic way through that.

There's progression to a certain extent but after two games of progression we either lose or draw. Progression would be being above aberdeen and closer to celtic which neither look like happening. 

I think for most fans getting to a cup final or winning a cup wasn't too unrealistic i'd say? So losing to Motherwell in a semi-final at hampden is unacceptable.

Progres. Enough said.

The board took the cheap option and are now paying for it. For me they should be paying to replace this cheap option they put in place and whatever turnover of players follows it (king talks the talk but will never walk the walk). I have no doubt if they'd waited until the summer they would have paid for a decent manager because the gravy train that is the season ticket money would have been coming through the coffers.

17 minutes ago, theclothmonster said:

We don't have have a good starting eleven. We have an empty strip out at left mid in Windass, our fullbacks can't defend and the one bright spark we have in Morelos is hung out to dry isolated up front. We need to go 2 up top but we can't because we don't have the personnel to do it. 442 didn't work because Windass does fuck all and Candeais has to spend all day covering for Tav so the 2 cm's are swamped against 5 man midfields. 451 isn't working because again Windass does fuck all and Morelos gets no support. We can't go 3-5-2 because we'd get horsed down the flanks, it actually gives me nightmares thinking about forward players running at a potential back three. 

Like that!

16 minutes ago, stevemac said:

I'll back him until Rangers do something. Funny how fickle fans are, few weeks ago he had the support. Fucking hate the internet sometimes.

He's pretty much never had support on here after Luxembourg (generally speaking). 

5 minutes ago, buster. said:

Part of an obvious way would be a medium to long term plan that the DoF would be in charge of and we would stick to, even if it meant the occasional change of 'Head Coach'.

I can't see the short-term being anything other than difficult on a number of fronts but there has to be a vision/plan put in place that charters a realistic way through that.

A vision and a transparent plan correlates to investment and that's the one thing this board never want us to inderstand..

As for the DOF, just another useful idiot towing the company line.

All the plans in the world by this board would never stop 10iar. Is that acceptable?