The Case for keeping Pedro

Bluepeter9

Getting where we want to go takes patience - I know many have none and think patience is somehow accepting second best. It's not l! it's what is required. Chopping and changing managers is NOT the answer. 

We are progressing - this squad is better than MWs squad - MWs squad was better than Ally's squad. This squad gives us something to build on. SAF SAID ABOUT 50% of transfers work. We made wholesale changes last summer ( something many fans wanted) and the squad needs strengthened and some players transitioned but we need to wait for transfer windows to happen. 

Many of us carry a sense of entitlement that we 'should' win - I expect that myself but it's not reality - even our great teams got beat - sometimes even a few times a season. This squad is not a great team, yet, but it is a good team and it will become a better team over time. 

Pedro has brought in a lot of players - and like with MW there learning curve is steep - not every player can tack it at Rangers, that doesn't make them bad players, that just makes them wrong for Rangers - most Managers say it takes a player 6 months or so to adapt and we ain't even there with most of these players. I like the squad Pedro has, I can see it gives us something to build on. What I think would be folly would be to start again, again. Patience is required and the time to evaluate is, at a minimum, the end of the season but for me it would be end of next season. 

On King and the board providing funds - we must maintain a sustainable financial model - overspending is what led us here - sacking yet another manager and transitioning into another managers squad vision is expensive so I think the board should hold its nerve and back Pedro through and beyond next summers transfer window. 

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Getting where we want to go takes patience - I know many have none and think patience is somehow accepting second best. It's not l! it's what is required. Chopping and changing managers is NOT the answer. 

We are progressing - this squad is better than MWs squad - MWs squad was better than Ally's squad. This squad gives us something to build on. SAF SAID ABOUT 50% of transfers work. We made wholesale changes last summer ( something many fans wanted) and the squad needs strengthened and some players transitioned but we need to wait for transfer windows to happen. 

Many of us carry a sense of entitlement that we 'should' win - I expect that myself but it's not reality - even our great teams got beat - sometimes even a few times a season. This squad is not a great team, yet, but it is a good team and it will become a better team over time. 

Pedro has brought in a lot of players - and like with MW there learning curve is steep - not every player can tack it at Rangers, that doesn't make them bad players, that just makes them wrong for Rangers - most Managers say it takes a player 6 months or so to adapt and we ain't even there with most of these players. I like the squad Pedro has, I can see it gives us something to build on. What I think would be folly would be to start again, again. Patience is required and the time to evaluate is, at a minimum, the end of the season but for me it would be end of next season. 

On King and the board providing funds - we must maintain a sustainable financial model - overspending is what led us here - sacking yet another manager and transitioning into another managers squad vision is expensive so I think the board should hold its nerve and back Pedro through and beyond next summers transfer window. 

I can agree with a lot of what your saying but we are not a patience support and as the Tims keep winning it just makes us worse.

We need a few home players guys that feel our pain and can handle the rough  and tough Scottish game.

I want Pedro to do good to say get it up you to the media here but European style football just gets kicked off the park.

The board may have made a mistake. The guy may not have what it takes. So we just go on and on?  I don't think fans have that patience to turn up in 45,000 strong.

This is not Alex Ferguson in the top flight. We are Rangers and cannot win 3 games in a row.  Read the signs.

I do agree with a fair amount of that. But the rate of progression needs to be at a certain level, as do results. They're not.

Ive tolerated / excused more than most as I saw the scale of the overhaul and appreciated the scope of work getting so many wasters out the door. I don't underestimate the huge and difficult job that has been.

But he refuses to deal promptly enough with underperformers. I'm not sure if it's stubbornness, lack of prompt identifying it, or he accepts it for consistent team selection.

But firstly it was Miller who got 10 games. Now it's windass and Pena who offer so so little week in week out. They are honestly that bad it's like starting with 9 or 10 players. He HAS to see and address that. He has signed players himself for these positions so he has his options never mind inherited players.

Yesterday was the turning point for me. Our players were weak. They were bullied and not one stood up to it. The heart of a MW team was a new low for them.

And then he says he maybe put them under too much pressure? They're Rangers players ffs.

Ive stuck for as long as I could see bigger risks to changing than sticking. That's no longer the case. Others who predicted this earlier were right, I tried but I was wrong.

Time for change.

If we win midweek and keep it going to beat Aberdeen back to back there's a very different complexion on the season. But it's not likely.

Hearts away next week could be the swansong. One of celtic and Aberdeen will drop points then they meet this week and we need to win take advantage. Sadly I'm not confident we will win at Tynecastle

Caixinha hasn't been the right manager for us since the moment he was targeted and appointed and no amount of patience or waiting to see what happens is going to change that.

The board need to rectify that mistake and take a long hard look at themselves for making the appointment to begin with.