The Case for keeping Pedro

Bluepeter9

Just now, Ivybank said:

True, jack must have an IQ of a fly, which is strange in any interview he does he comes across as level headed,but obviously not

I can't understand it, it's not as if this is his first season in this league; he must be more than familiar with the opposition by now. He needs to told in no uncertain terms that this club expects far better than what he is giving in that aspect of his game.

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

I can't understand it, it's not as if this is his first season in this league; he must be more than familiar with the opposition by now. He needs to told in no uncertain terms that this club expects far better than what he is giving in that aspect of his game.

Broadfoot knew Jacks temperament and stood on his feet till he got a reaction he could dive down holding his face. Miller said earlier in the season about Jack having to wise up he wasn't wrong.

He would have got away with that in an Aberdeen top.

27 minutes ago, westenclosure2008 said:

Using the term finish as 'high up the league as we can' says to me we are accepting mediocrity. We are Rangers, the most successful club in the world. We don't set out to finish as high up the league as we can. Our objective every year is to win the league, no less. I for one will never accept second as an achievement and neither should anybody at the club. Second should be seen as failure regardless of where we have been. After tonight I am just looking forward to the season being over. 

you misunderstand me

tragically Rangers are in one hell of a state at the moment however in these moments of crisis do we just throw in the towel  -- do we hell

no we just carry on fighting to get our club where it belongs winning our 55th title winning cups ,reaching  the top 4 of the champions league again and getting to another uefa cup final

Just now, Smile said:

Broadfoot knew Jacks temperament and stood on his feet till he got a reaction he could dive down holding his face. Miller said earlier in the season about Jack having to wise up he wasn't wrong.

Hopefully someone has a word with him before what could be a promising career with us heads for the exit. I have never seen a Rangers player take the bait as easy as this.

38 minutes ago, seville calculators said:

you misunderstand me

tragically Rangers are in one hell of a state at the moment however in these moments of crisis do we just throw in the towel  -- do we hell

no we just carry on fighting to get our club where it belongs winning our 55th title winning cups ,reaching  the top 4 of the champions league again and getting to another uefa cup final

You're fucking at it.. One minute we should do our best the next minute we should be reaching the top 4 of the Champions League! 

2 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

You still think Pedro should stay?

He does. He said as much in another thread.

Apparently Pedro can't be blamed for us missing a penalty, Jack being stupid and them scoring with the last kick of the ball in that last minute or two.

Not read the thread but Pedro said himself that we would see if the players were backing him by their performance on Wednesday.

Well I missed the game but by all accounts we were shite and lacking any kind of fight and passion. 

So there it is. 

Pedro has his answer. 

He has lost the dressing room, he has lost the plot and he surely has lost his job 

On 23/10/2017 at 08:25, Bluepeter9 said:

Getting where we want to go takes patience - I know many have none and think patience is somehow accepting second best. It's not l! it's what is required. Chopping and changing managers is NOT the answer. 

We are progressing - this squad is better than MWs squad - MWs squad was better than Ally's squad. This squad gives us something to build on. SAF SAID ABOUT 50% of transfers work. We made wholesale changes last summer ( something many fans wanted) and the squad needs strengthened and some players transitioned but we need to wait for transfer windows to happen. 

Many of us carry a sense of entitlement that we 'should' win - I expect that myself but it's not reality - even our great teams got beat - sometimes even a few times a season. This squad is not a great team, yet, but it is a good team and it will become a better team over time. 

Pedro has brought in a lot of players - and like with MW there learning curve is steep - not every player can tack it at Rangers, that doesn't make them bad players, that just makes them wrong for Rangers - most Managers say it takes a player 6 months or so to adapt and we ain't even there with most of these players. I like the squad Pedro has, I can see it gives us something to build on. What I think would be folly would be to start again, again. Patience is required and the time to evaluate is, at a minimum, the end of the season but for me it would be end of next season. 

On King and the board providing funds - we must maintain a sustainable financial model - overspending is what led us here - sacking yet another manager and transitioning into another managers squad vision is expensive so I think the board should hold its nerve and back Pedro through and beyond next summers transfer window. 

The answer is as you say a sustainable financial model, and chopping and changing managers is NOT the answer, but this is all done at board level.  Time and patience has been given to this board, So do we have the correct board to run Rangers?  If  King's promised capital injection had been put in at the beginning, it would have funded a reputable manager and team to work with rather than a team to build on.  

I think King's board will need to prove their policy is working if they want re-elected come AGM. 

Absolutely dreadful.   For all the comings and goings in the summer we really lack creativity and still lack a defensive presence.  It says something that holt played better than the others in midfield.  I thought back in the summer he’d be gone at Xmas but he can’t last until hearts game now or that will be another 4-1 hammering.   The board have fucked up spectacularly once again

8 hours ago, seville calculators said:

deanzmeanzheinz believes we were unlucky tonight i agree however we are 2 points better off than we were  last season

So being 2 points better off last season is a plus? Last season was a catastrophe Ffs, this season we have won 1 game in 5 at home, never Layed a glove on the mhank s, pumped by motherwell in the cup and I won't even mention Europe, unlucky or not it's a fuckin disgrace. 

11 hours ago, eejay the dj said:

Yes he will . King is a cowardly bastard and will not want the heat .

Pedro will be sacked and any pressure , if that's the right word . Will be taken off this useless bastard of a board

He is a coward i'll agree on that, he will coward away when he sees how much paying off Caixinha, Balta, Belman & Baptista will cost.

Another expensive mistake, at least MW got us promoted and compared to PC didn't spend a great deal.

Hope I'm wrong but I honestly cannot see this board patching Caixinha.

On 23/10/2017 at 10:03, bluenosebrad said:

Ohhh ffs change the channel progression its a failed experiment get the fucker out now. reportedly 9 mil on players 2nd highest wage bill that cant compete with Mwell, Hivs or struggle with low or mid table teams and thats what some see as progression?? All the passion our manager has i dont g2f I want him to mould a team that can win 3 games in a row, get him out now before we regress further, I would like a top Manager that our support needs and deserves these young untried Managers dont work at Ibrox, McSalary, Warburton and now PC 6 years of this shite im sick of it, some fans keep protecting these useless c**ts and post like this I just get my coat and leave.

Can I just put this out there, before we played last night, shocking Manager

11 new players, £10m spent and not rally any further forward than last season. Frightening. The list of reasons for him to go is endless, it's getting bring gong over and over them all the time. Anyone still backing him is no friend of ours. These wannabee super fans are doing more harm than good. 

On 23/10/2017 at 09:25, Bluepeter9 said:

[ ]...Getting where we want to go takes patience - I know many have none and think patience is somehow accepting second best. It's not l! it's what is required. Chopping and changing managers is NOT the answer. 

so I think the board should hold its nerve and back Pedro through and beyond next summers transfer window. ...[ ]

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but......

:lol::lol: