Charlie Adam

kenny6131

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, ianferguson said:

He has went on to prove you and thousands of others that he's far from pish.

I was one of the few that liked him here and im difficult to please at times - donā€™t know why he got a hard time was no worse that Albertz who had stinkers but could score screamers ... not comparing them directly or anything tho

46 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

I was one of the few that liked him here and im difficult to please at times - donā€™t know why he got a hard time was no worse that Albertz who had stinkers but could score screamers ... not comparing them directly or anything tho

Rangers fans have always put higher demands on our own and not many have been able to bear the load. Hutton was not universally appreciated at Ibrox but we got Ā£9 million for him and he's had a decent career at a higher level just like Adam.

Probably meant Dundee but we could do a lot worse than Adam. Was absolutely fantastic in his first real season under leguen and smith then had a good start to 07/08 but slowly petered away. Ā I thought he was definitely played out of position- it wouldā€™ve made fergie look terrible had he played on the left aswell. Ā  Would be a very smart signing for us

3 minutes ago, sandyboyblue said:

It has surprised me why he has been overlooked on the international stage over recent years given the experience he may have been able to offer.Ā 

His English accent isn't good enough yet to be considered for a Scotland call up.

11 minutes ago, ianferguson said:

Rangers fans have always put higher demands on our own and not many have been able to bear the load. Hutton was not universally appreciated at Ibrox but we got Ā£9 million for him and he's had a decent career at a higher level just like Adam.

True but to flip it thereā€™s also been some shite that gets free rides because they young and Rangers - guys like Aird and Crawford were two of the worst players Iā€™ve ever seen and I was never big on Lewis McLeod yet everything thanks the sun shined out his arse - he was epitome of where we were fans being desperate trying to cling onto something/hope someone was great that actually wasnā€™tĀ 

5 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

True but to flip it thereā€™s also been some shite that gets free rides because they young and Rangers - guys like Aird and Crawford were two of the worst players Iā€™ve ever seen and I was never big on Lewis McLeod yet everything thanks the sun shined out his arse - he was epitome of where we were fans being desperate trying to cling onto something/hope someone was great that actually wasnā€™tĀ 

Macleod is a decent player and showed that for us often enough to be rated, albeit in the lower leagues. Ok he was often against cloggers and journeymen but he would hold his own as a young lad

Just now, CoopsLaud said:

Macleod is a decent player and showed that for us often enough to be rated, albeit in the lower leagues. Ok he was often against cloggers and journeymen but he would hold his own as a young lad

Just didnā€™t see it myselfĀ 

I sat most games watching him closely thinking he was really really averageĀ 

18 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

His English accent isn't good enough yet to be considered for a Scotland call up.

? that and he plays at a higher level than the championship. Its as if Strachan never took in an EPL game and just stuck to celtic games and championship games. Only reason I can think of as to why Barry bannan gets a game before him.Ā 

You need to play a very particular way in order to accommodate someone like Charlie Adam.Ā  His best spell came at Blackpool when they basically built a team around him.Ā  2 CDMs behind the CAM doing all the leg work.Ā  The next manager we get might not favour that type of formation and even if he did we already have Kranjcar who can perform that role.

2 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

Hasn't proved anything to me tbh, I still don't rate him that well

Based on that judgement you must find it painful watching the dross who've masqueraded as Rangers players in the last 5 years because Adam would stroll into any 11 we've had since the shit hit the fan .

4 hours ago, jbm26896 said:

Charlie should concentrate on trying to get a game at Stoke rather than comment on RangersĀ 

If ex Ranger numbskulls like Barry Ferguson and Butcher can comment on the Gers why can't he comment on the Gers.Ā 

Shows at least he still cares.

41 minutes ago, tannerall said:

As did Arteta, another one we under-rated.Ā 

The abuse he got after the treble winning season was disgusting ... the idiots in our support that know zero about football calling him pish all of a sudden when they donā€™t take a minute to consider that wee prick Ferguson walked out and after that we replaced him with that lazy bastard Emerson and sometimes had Khizanishvill, Malcolm and Stephen Hughes in midfield meaning Artera was doing 2 sometimes 3 jobs at once and being in effective and picking up nigglesĀ