*** The Official Rangers v Ross County Match Thread ***

djwyc14

Just now, Turnberry18 said:

Is that your best? I don't normally regard a single thing you have to say at the best of times; I really don't have any regard anything your saying here!

Your logic is insane, a man who is dragging us to all time lows deserves time, the man who is doing a pretty good job of dragging us back up needs to go ASAP. As I said, mental.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Gustav said:

Your logic is insane, a man who is dragging us to all time lows deserves time, the man who is doing a pretty good job of dragging us back up needs to go ASAP. As I said, mental.

We need to release McCrorie imo, sick of him getting injured tbh

Just now, Gustav said:

Try and justify it.

Humour me.

You won't respect a thing I have to say, but here goes. We needed Caixinha to work; we had paid compensation, we had given him what is, for us, a sizable budget, and he had signed players that needed to adapt, if they could adapt. Rangers don't sack managers, they appoint managers, and unless we have someone better coming in then sacking managers should be a very last resort. The club has always been like this; you will know as much if not more about the club than me and will hopefully appreciate my point. I wanted to give Caixinha more time on that basis. When he was appointed I didn't want him here, and was concerned about him staying beyond the last season, because I was concerned about him getting a transfer window. I really do not like being against Rangers managers, it's the way I am, and I try to avoid ever doing it even though off here I might have opinions which I sometimes prefer to keep to myself. I rated Warburton, to a degree, and I don;t think the board have ever really shown any great desire to improve upon him; had there been better, and I mean clearly better, then fine, sack Warburton/make no attempt to keep him etc. Is McInnes better than Warburton; is he better than Caixinha? I don't think anyone can make a clear distinction in that direction. What I want is to get a proper manager in, and more importantly for this board to stick by him even during the tough times, but I want someone clearly better than Warburton.

You won't respect a thing I have to say, but here goes. We needed Caixinha to work; we had paid compensation, we had given him what is, for us, a sizable budget, and he had signed players that needed to adapt, if they could adapt. Rangers don't sack managers, they appoint managers, and unless we have someone better coming in then sacking managers should be a very last resort. The club has always been like this; you will know as much if not more about the club than me and will hopefully appreciate my point. I wanted to give Caixinha more time on that basis. When he was appointed I didn't want him here, and was concerned about him staying beyond the last season, because I was concerned about him getting a transfer window. I really do not like being against Rangers managers, it's the way I am, and I try to avoid ever doing it even though off here I might have opinions which I sometimes prefer to keep to myself. I rated Warburton, to a degree, and I don;t think the board have ever really shown any great desire to improve upon him; had there been better, and I mean clearly better, then fine, sack Warburton/make no attempt to keep him etc. Is McInnes better than Warburton; is he better than Caixinha? I don't think anyone can make a clear distinction in that direction. What I want is to get a proper manager in, and more importantly for this board to stick by him even during the tough times, but I want someone clearly better than Warburton.

Fair enough but 'Rangers don't sack managers' sorry that's a load of nonsense, if someone isn't doing a good job they need to go. 

4 hours ago, McEwan's Lager said:

He created our equaliser with a bit of determination and also hit the cross bar with a chip.

Wasn't as bad as some on here made out.

He (Miller) did as you say above.

But honestly, these 2 actions apart, his touch, passing and all round contribution was woeful.

He spends most of his time telling others what to do.

His only defence today, was that the vast majority of the team were also mince.

1 minute ago, Gustav said:

Fair enough but 'Rangers don't sack managers' sorry that's a load of nonsense, if someone isn't doing a good job they need to go. 

No we don't. Rangers go for someone who is better than the next guy. Other clubs may hire and fire and just appoint someone to give a carrot to the fans, this club has never done that. We need a manager with a proven record, and we need to back him. I hope we are actively looking at someone who can win things at this club, and that would have to be someone intent on being first.

No we don't. Rangers go for someone who is better than the next guy. Other clubs may hire and fire and just appoint someone to give a carrot to the fans, this club has never done that. We need a manager with a proven record, and we need to back him. I hope we are actively looking at someone who can win things at this club, and that would have to be someone intent on being first.

This club has never been in this predicament.

Fod 4 - flap nearly cost us

Tav 6 - some good crosses and work going forward but sloppy at times defensively

Bruno 6 - strolled it but lost his man for the goal

Wilson 6 - solid but very weak for the goal

John 6 - bursts forward well and deserved an assist

Mccrorie 7* mom

Holt 6 - great energy

Candeias 6 - was a 3 in the first half and a 9 in 2nd half

Pena 3- anonymous and ignored

Miller 4 - very poor and needed to stay up front again

Windass 5 - some good efforts but some stray balls in final third

Subs - Morelos and Barjonas both done well 

Got there in the end but that was pretty grim. Wilson was absolutely scandalous despite the goal. He is no where near good enough and nor is that pile of shite Windass. 

This team cannot grind and will never fight with the taigs 

Just now, ready1873 said:

Got there in the end but that was pretty grim. Wilson was absolutely scandalous despite the goal. He is no where near good enough and nor is that pile of shite Windass. 

This team cannot grind and will never fight with the taigs 

Mental timing to say something like that, we just came from a goal down at home despite playing shite and won? The definition of grinding it out.

Just now, Gustav said:

Mental timing to say something like that, we just came from a goal down at home despite playing shite and won? The definition of grinding it out.

Well I mean if it came to a potential run in with the taigs, we can't grind. 

1 hour ago, Gustav said:

Also, much as I normally agree with @Turnberry18 , not true.  In the 60's we, to our shame, sacked one of the finest managers ever to play for and manage the club.   In addition, we sacked D. White and Greig.

Murty will do for now but I don't want Murty/Miller (rumour I had heard a week or so back) managing/coaching the team.  

Just now, siddiqi_drinker said:

Also, much as I normally agree with @Turnberry18 , not true.  In the 60's we, to our shame, sacked one of the finest managers ever to play for and manage the club.   In addition, we sacked D. White and Greig.

Murty will do for now but I don't want Murty/Miller (rumour I had heard a week or so back) managing/coaching the team.  

I was being slightly rhetorical, and implicitly saying that we don't sack easily. Of course we sack mangers, we sacked Walter in 97, and he had just won 9iar. 

Only got updates from Radio Scotland, sounds like it could have been another Hamilton, but we got there in the end.

Glad Morelos scored, but inconsistency makes me wonder what Rangers will turn up at Easter Road next.

Archived