Club Statement

RFCRobertson

• Replies 994
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am obviously the only one who fails to see the problem here. We complain on forums about making sure we get the right manager, then when we take our time we moan about it. DM said he didn't feel wanted by us, well diddums, with that attitude he was never going to make a Rangers manager, and he will regret this the rest  of his life. We have just had a couple of great results playing good football, so let's concentrate on the good things that are happening on the pitch now instead of wanting walk outs etc etc . Murty has done well so far, ok, the results against Dundee and Hamilton were shit, but I think the fact that he has seen young Ross as a midfielder shows that he has good potential as a manager,, as he has been willing to change things.

Just now, Chineseboy said:

I am obviously the only one who fails to see the problem here. We complain on forums about making sure we get the right manager, then when we take our time we moan about it. DM said he didn't feel wanted by us, well diddums, with that attitude he was never going to make a Rangers manager, and he will regret this the rest  of his life. We have just had a couple of great results playing good football, so let's concentrate on the good things that are happening on the pitch now instead of wanting walk outs etc etc . Murty has done well so far, ok, the results against Dundee and Hamilton were shit, but I think the fact that he has seen young Ross as a midfielder shows that he has good potential as a manager,, as he has been willing to change things.

If we'd spent weeks linked to several managers and been carrying out interviews the taking our time line might work but we took six weeks to approach one manager who was seen as the obvious favourite from the beginning with clearly no plan B

The way this process has been handled is an unmitigated failure

1 minute ago, simplythebest said:

If we'd spent weeks linked to several managers and been carrying out interviews the taking our time line might work but we took six weeks to approach one manager who was seen as the obvious favourite from the beginning with clearly no plan B

The way this process has been handled is an unmitigated failure

Personally, I think the media have been deliberately stirring things up, knowing full well that supporters would be at each other's throats after a time. If it were not for a couple of bad results we would breathing down the scums necks despite everything. There are managers out there who clearly want to be our next manager, but the board decided they weren't right for us. Obviously, they will now have to continue the search, but I am happy enough with that as long as we get the right man in the end. I would like this to happen sooner than later, but I am more than happy to wait than get a dud, which, incidentally, is what I believe DM would have been. 

1 hour ago, Mclean RFC said:

Hes also sitting second, which is what we demanded this season, after failing to do so last year. Hes won the majority of his games, albeit two slip ups. 

Hes a new manager who already is doing better than the previous three, and the braindead on here need to understand a young talented coach like him wont win them all, not right away. 

But id rather keep him till we make the right appointment, some people expect a new manager to be in place before the old one is sacked. 

Losing to two relegation sides should be considered utterly disastrous for Rangers not just 'slip ups', I've got plenty of time for Murty and think he's got a future as a coach with us but he's clearly not ready for the pressures of doing this full time

After forking out for season ticket money yet again I think fans are entitled to expect more than the season basically being written off by leaving a caretaker in charge indefinitely, and six weeks being spent to approach one manager that's been seen as an obvious candidate for the Rangers job for years now. This whole 'right appointment' thing is guff, are they working on persuading Alex Ferguson out of retirement or Guardiola to give up City? Nothing breath taking is going to come up in the next few weeks that hasn't in the last few

8 minutes ago, Chineseboy said:

Personally, I think the media have been deliberately stirring things up, knowing full well that supporters would be at each other's throats after a time. If it were not for a couple of bad results we would breathing down the scums necks despite everything. There are managers out there who clearly want to be our next manager, but the board decided they weren't right for us. Obviously, they will now have to continue the search, but I am happy enough with that as long as we get the right man in the end. I would like this to happen sooner than later, but I am more than happy to wait than get a dud, which, incidentally, is what I believe DM would have been. 

I hate the media as much as anyone but that can't be used to avoid what is staring us in the face. Going on about all the results we could have had and where we could have been is pointless, we've been dropping terrible points all season and producing horrendous results just when it looked like we might be getting some momentum going hence why we're still waiting to win three in a row (hopefully Saturday will be the time finally)

What exactly makes you so sure that we're now going to get whoever you consider to be the right man? If McInnes is a dud and he was their only plan then don't you think there's a very high chance of ending up with someone just as bad or even worse?

1 hour ago, orangecountry said:

Given that traynor been writing scripts for new players and managers I'd be amazed if he wasn't writing them for others. 

And while we are at it. How fuckin stupid does traynor think we all are? He obviously expects us to believe the statements he comes out with. 

He thinks we are all knuckle dragging bigots with one O Grade between us. So aye he expects us to swallow that bullshit. 

Just now, simplythebest said:

I hate the media as much as anyone but that can't be used to avoid what is staring us in the face. Going on about all the results we could have had and where we could have been is pointless, we've been dropping terrible points all season and producing horrendous results just when it looked like we might be getting some momentum going hence why we're still waiting to win three in a row (hopefully Saturday will be the time finally)

What exactly makes you so sure that we're now going to get whoever you consider to be the right man? If McInnes is a dud and he was their only plan then don't you think there's a high chance of ending up with someone just as bad or even worse?

True mate, we might get a bad manager, but I have to remain optimistic that we strike gold. Btw, the tims have had bad results so far, too, but the media have given them an easy ride, although some cracks are now appearing. We will come good.

1 hour ago, Albertz 78 said:

A good manager who knows what he is doing really should not need to splash tens of millions to turn things around especially in one of the worst leagues in Europe.

Walter Smith took Rangers to a European final with guys like Christian Daily,Kirk Broadfoot,Neil Alexander and Lee Mcculloch in the team.

Lee McCulloch who cost 2.7m? Laff we try who cost 4.5m wee bit of revisionism going on me thinks.

4 minutes ago, Chineseboy said:

True mate, we might get a bad manager, but I have to remain optimistic that we strike gold. Btw, the tims have had bad results so far, too, but the media have given them an easy ride, although some cracks are now appearing. We will come good.

You're clearly an optimist i'll give you that

45 minutes ago, London Calling said:

Sorry not far away from what? Are we better than last season, genuine question? 

Yes. Unquestionably. Not far away from challenging celtic. Put a proper manager in charge of these players and we are 10-15 points clear in second come seasons end. Look at the state we are in now as a club, the players we had missing this week, no manager, and we pumped the supposed 2nd best team in the country twice in a row, home and away. I always believed we were better than Aberdeen, even last season, with better players, that was my firm belief, but both managers were really struggling with the job here. They made us look dreadful and far worse than we really are. 

1 minute ago, Tenerife Bear said:

Yes. Unquestionably. Not far away from challenging celtic. Put a proper manager in charge of these players and we are 10-15 points clear in second come seasons end. Look at the state we are in now as a club, the players we had missing this week, no manager, and we pumped the supposed 2nd best team in the country twice in a row, home and away. I always believed we were better than Aberdeen, even last season, with better players, that was my firm belief, but both managers were really struggling with the job here. They made us look dreadful and far worse than we really are. 

I'm honestly not convinced and I'm dreading the 30th..

2 minutes ago, London Calling said:

I'm honestly not convinced and I'm dreading the 30th..

They are awful. This team is better than the team Murty took there last season. Are celtic any better? Nope. If anything, they are worse. We were the better team first half at Ibrox earlier in season under an absolute clown. Murty has a bit more about him, not much, but a bit more. I'm hopeful he can get us a result there. Worst thing that could happen is we win and this board think GM is the next Mourinho or something and give him the job! I would rather we had a new man in place by then or at least knew for sure it wasn't going to be Murty full time. Then pump them! 

20 minutes ago, Tenerife Bear said:

not far away from challenging sellik, give it up.

Our turnover in the past financial year was £30 million, there's was £90 million. Its only going to get bigger

29 minutes ago, AlCapone said:

not far away from challenging sellik, give it up.

Our turnover in the past financial year was £30 million, there's was £90 million. Its only going to get bigger

Turnover doesn't win you titles. Proven the world over at every single level of the game. On the pitch celtic are shite. Made to look good in a game at it's lowest ever ebb. Give Walter Smith a few bob in January and we will win the title this season. 

5 minutes ago, Tenerife Bear said:

Turnover doesn't win you titles. Proven the world over at every single level of the game. On the pitch celtic are shite. Made to look good in a game at it's lowest ever ebb. Give Walter Smith a few bob in January and we will win the title this season. 

It doesn’t however there are few - if any -leagues in the world where teams regularly win the title while being outspent by more than treble.

Not that fussed about DM it's the whole feckin shambles from the board that depresses me and the fact that any January signing target's will probably take one look at the mess we seem to be in and look elsewhere .

Just now, The Dude said:

It doesn’t however there are few - if any -leagues in the world where teams regularly win the title while being outspent by more than treble.

Wasn't their average wage only double ours? As reported last month. 

I actually recall King promising to quadruple our wage bill if needed in order to top celtic. 

There's no doubting the financial gulf is enormous but to suggest we simply give up and admit defeat is not an option. They are not as far ahead on the park as they are off it. Not by a long shot. 

1 hour ago, London Calling said:

Did you just compare Pep & Zidane to Murty? Are you Dave King..

I know I'm new but ffs, half the posters on here are ripping the pish surely? 

I was responding to a post where the poster stated that Murty is only an U20 manager and could not possibly be suitable for promotion to Manager.

Gave the above 2 of many examples where this has happened successfully.

1 hour ago, Courtyard Bear said:

He thinks we are all knuckle dragging bigots with one O Grade between us. So aye he expects us to swallow that bullshit. 

Is he even a bear? Or does he even pretend to be one? He could be the biggest 'timposter' ever. Or is he just here for a pay check becuase no one in the Scottish media like him?

the fact he picks up a wage from us is more embarrassing than the sheeps manager knocking us back. 

8 minutes ago, The Dude said:

In Scotland at this particular time it would not take x3 outspending to win this league though mate.

There's not a big gap in style of play or potential so maybe 3 players and some decisions.

And support for the management team.

1 hour ago, Tenerife Bear said:

Who or what the fuck is a proper manager?. McInnes was the latest great white hope of the many, not mine and the best outwith Brenda in this backwater and look how that turned out. He is now the anti christ and a shit manager, by the self same who lauded him.

In our circumstances of financial constraints, any sign that we make unlikely inroads to the scum, they only need to go out and spend and after their CL exploits, I'm sure Brenda has already identified better quality to bring in.

The key factor holding us back is this board. Nothing changes until they leave the building.

14 minutes ago, Tenerife Bear said:

Where have you been the last decade?? the game has changed. Revenue allows you to spend, spending money doesn't guarantee you success but not spending money pretty much guarantees failure.

We finished our biggest margin ever behind them last season and will no doubt finish 30-40 points behind them this season. They will turn over around £100 million in the current financial year whilst we are heavily in debt (£24 Million), operate at a loss, survive on loans and are teetering on the brink of financial oblivion.

Where may I suggest you think we will find this money for Smith to win the title?

Head out the sand.

11 minutes ago, Willie King said:

I was responding to a post where the poster stated that Murty is only an U20 manager and could not possibly be suitable for promotion to Manager.

Gave the above 2 of many examples where this has happened successfully.

Think the guys point still stands, theres no comparison between  the two you mention and Murty.

Both were already legends at their respective clubs for their playing careers. both were natural progressions. In the case of Pep he wasnt a youth coach he was Barca B coach which is a wee bit different but still the natural progression for players and managers traditionally.

I hope theres a support network in place to help Murty, he's been a brave man to step up, he could be turned on if results start going wrong or papped back with the under 20's or worse replaced by a new manager who wants his own staff as a reward for doing a commendable job.

I dont think he's got the ruthless streak required to be a manager, good number two but never a manager.

Archived