Club Statement

RFCRobertson

24 minutes ago, Tenerife Bear said:

Wasn't it around £10m under Ally? I remember the uproar from that time about the wage bill. Didn't change much under Warburton, circa £12m?, according to the financial results and still pretty much similar now??

It increased from around 5m to 10m after promotion under Warburton. The most recent financial results are the wage bill up to the end of last season.

• Replies 994
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, AlCapone said:

March 2014

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2588429/Dave-King-commit-30m-ensure-Rangers-return-Scottish-Premiership.html

Dave King has revealed he is ready to spearhead a £50million plan to rebuild Rangers with at least £30m of his own money.

The South Africa-based businessman believes it could take that sum spread over the next four years to make the Ibrox club genuine competitors to celtic at the top of the Scottish game once more.

Interview from March 14 but he didn't take charge until over a year later so going by that it would be early 2019 before the four years are up.

Personally, I’m glad that DM never got or took the job; don’t think he is up for the task. Also the statement released by the club is sufficient at this point in time. I would be happy enough to see GM take the reins until the end of the season, can see him lifting a trophy sooner than DM ever could!

Lets be honest the statement is childish and needless, it's pandering to the gullible.

I am fed up with them but will give them the benefit of the doubt and see what they come up with, I was settling for McInnes as he seems best out of a bad bunch.

Let's hope they come up with a better alternative and we can forget about this and move on with a decent manager in place with a chance to sort this mess.

Fed up reading that McInnes is a die hard Rangers man, he never has been!

DM is for DM and quite frankly he would totally crumble under the pressure at us.

his recent press conference reflects that very plainly for all to see.

the only baffling thing for me is that we wanted to speak to him in the first place?

we should all get behind Murty and the team now and forget this guy completely.

and remember that an under 20 coach out thought him when it mattered most.

i honestly believe that Murty will rise to the challenges ahead and surprise a few doubters by the end of the season.

1 hour ago, Gustav said:

Some achievement from the board uniting the support like this

Every single person seems to want them out

Still havent joined FF after my sine die but have a wee looknow and again. Nice to see they are in line with us on this matter.

3 hours ago, Courtyard Bear said:

He’s a cunt, supports Airdrie I think. 

Any cunt that thinks Bears getting battered with riot batons by Spanish police is a good thing shouldn’t be anywhere near Ibrox. 

Comes from Airdrie and always was an Airdrie fan.

That statement is a complete embarrassment, but then, that's nothing new with this board..

McInnes was on his way to Ibrox yesterday then  the deal fell apart after he was handed a list of the players he was told he would be signing.

He said he wouldn't sign them for Aberdeen so he certainly wouldn't be signing them for Rangers. Talks went downhill rapidly from that point on and the deal fell apart.

Milne agreed to make a statement to get the Aberdeen fans that had slated McInnes back on side.

McInnes is devastated at the events that unfolded as he desperately wanted to be Rangers manager. You can take that one to the bank.

1 minute ago, KingKennyMiller said:

That statement is a complete embarrassment, but then, that's nothing new with this board..

McInnes was on his way to Ibrox yesterday then  the deal fell apart after he was handed a list of the players he was told he would be signing.

He said he wouldn't sign them for Aberdeen so he certainly wouldn't be signing them for Rangers. Talks went downhill rapidly from that point on and the deal fell apart.

Milne agreed to make a statement to get the Aberdeen fans that had slated McInnes back on side.

McInnes is devastated at the events that unfolded as he desperately wanted to be Rangers manager. You can take that one to the bank.

Made up nonsense. We handed a list of players that we “would be signing” to a manager who we didn’t have permission to have talks with and the Aberdeen chairman released a statement covering our arse before an Aberdeen Director also gave an interview completely contradicting this series of events?

3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Made up nonsense. We handed a list of players that we “would be signing” to a manager who we didn’t have permission to have talks with and the Aberdeen chairman released a statement covering our arse before an Aberdeen Director also gave an interview completely contradicting this series of events?

Ok.

19 minutes ago, KingKennyMiller said:

5EEB4E57-66A6-4EA4-947D-FA03D8CC40B1.gif

31 minutes ago, KingKennyMiller said:

So why if he wasn't officially our manager would he be given a list of players he will be buying hmmm?? 

The contract was only formally presented yesterday afternoon. McInnes wanted full control of player recruitment - something he had been promised verbally weeks ago.

The board moved the goalposts to appease our DOF and McInnes wanted no part of it.

You need to stop reading and believing the shite thats wrote in the media . Nobody knows any of the details in any of this mess.

41 minutes ago, KingKennyMiller said:

:lol::lol::lol::lol: 

1 minute ago, gers31 said:

So why if he wasn't officially our manager would he be given a list of players he will be buying hmmm?? 

Everything was in place It was pretty much a case of dotting the I's and crossing the T's. But McInnes, quite rightly in my opinion, questioned the potential signing of certain players, players he felt weren't good enough for Rangers.

Rangers had gone back on their earlier promise and he was right to walk away. No manager worth his salt would allow someone else to recruit players he didn't want.

This is from the best possible source outwith McInnes himself, not the media.

You have just appeared on here and know every detail on whats went on , give it a fuckin rest you know nothing , unless your name is McInnes , Milne or King.

Our board tried to shaft him at the last minute and he was having none of it.

Rangers statement last night was utter garbage.

Aberdeen's statement was purely to save face and protect Derek.

Truth is, we're being run by a board of enthusiastic amateurs completely out of their depth

2 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

You have just appeared on here and know every detail on whats went on , give it a fuckin rest you know nothing , unless your name is McInnes , Milne or King.

I'm neither of those three. But I do know people extremely  close to McInnes and can tell you he's still in a state of shock at the way events unfolded yesterday.

Just now, KingKennyMiller said:

I'm neither of those three. But I do know people extremely  close to McInnes and can tell you he's still in a state of shock at the way events unfolded yesterday.

Where the fuck did this mug come from..........

Archived