Club Statement

RFCRobertson

7 minutes ago, AlCapone said:

Have you ever heard the saying ‘being diplomatic’

So why was Milne being "diplomatic" and why was Dave Cormack being "diplomatic"? Why was McInnes texting Aberdeen directors telling them he wasn't leaving before being presented with this list of transfer targets but after the Rangers players had been told McInnes was the new boss?

• Replies 994
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

A wee question to anyone that doesn't think the transfer policy story fits ..

Why do you personally think the deal fell through? something has happened and it's certainly not because of the official lines Rangers and Aberdeen have put out because the statements don't add up or come close to matching.

There never was a deal to fall through.

1 minute ago, Turnberry18 said:

So you're admitting what you think you know you may not know after all?

No you lunatic. I am pointing out that the statement doesn't actually mean what is said is actually untrue. 

I'm saying depending what version of events you believe to be diplomatic as I can't tell anyone you HAVE TO believe this.

1 minute ago, BigDak said:

They kinda do, the sheep one covers the fact that DM was offered the job but decided it wasn’t for him and our one says he was offered the job but turned it down but coz it was too big for him.

I'm talking about the reasons given in the statements, not the fact he was offered the job.

1 minute ago, backup said:

There never was a deal to fall through.

Yes there was.

Although if you want to be semantic about it, a deal can't possibly fall through because if there's a deal the business is done. So it's paradoxical.

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

No you lunatic. I am pointing out that the statement doesn't actually mean what is said is actually untrue. 

I'm saying depending what version of events you believe to be diplomatic as I can't tell anyone you HAVE TO believe this.

'Depending what version of events you believe'? With all respect, you seemed very sure of what happened only yesterday.

2 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Yes there was.

Although if you want to be semantic about it, a deal can't possibly fall through because if there's a deal the business is done. So it's paradoxical.

No semantics there was never any deal, he was never coming to us.

2 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Why do you personally think the deal fell through? something has happened and it's certainly not because of the official lines Rangers and Aberdeen have put out because the statements don't add up or come close to matching.

Probably a number of things rather than one specific reason but mostly he's got an easy gig up north with no pressure. Not everyone has the mentally to manage Rangers.

Any manager worth his salt would rather train at world class facilities like Auchenhowie rather than a public park across from an abandoned hospital that Aberdeen train on.

The board should never have asked for applications, McInnes was always going to feel like he was an afterthought.

It is a huge job and maybe his friends and family thought he didn’t need the hastle that goes with it, especially with the way the club is being run, a chairman who stays in SA with no contact compared to a chairman who stays up the road and is on friendly terms, I know what I’d prefer.

One hack pointed out today that the scum had appointed Brenda within 10days of deliha leaving, he’d been identified and  spoken to, job done, they had a plan.

Our board stumble from one week to another with no plan and no clue, that’s the difference and nothing will change.

10 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

As I said the truth is probably somewhere in the middle. 

Do I think he was told you don’t get a say in transfers, NO. 

Do I think he was told the DoF has final say Yes/No on any transfers YES

King has dropped plenty of hints he wasn’t happy with managers coming in spending 6+mill then being pish and getting the sack. 

The way it’s beem handled is just the usual fucking clusterfuck with this board. 

I honestly can't believe people are willing to believe anything that King says? 

McInnes wanted the job but obviously didn't feel he could work with the imposters and charlatans that run our club. People saying he's a some sort of shitebag due in part to this embarrassing statement need their heads examined.

If we allow this regime to continue ruining the club we love, then we only have ourselves to blame. 

Regardless of the exact detail around the whole debacle and regardless of whether he was right for us. We couldn't attract a Rangers minded manager, managing in Scotland to our club.

That's fucking worrying and we need to try and take action.  

We need more than strongly worded poetry(even if it is light hearted).

If we are apathetic around this we deserve all we get.

We should start with a one stand walk out today.

7 minutes ago, Big Al II said:

Milne has done what he needed to do to allow McInnes to retain his job. Any other way would have been unacceptable to their fans.

Imagine Milne sitting knowing he has to save our blushes or his manager will get eaten alive. So he can’t drop us in it. ??

Don't buy it. With the financial state of affairs, and the AGM making it perfectly clear they won't be improving much anytime soon, i don't think for a second we'll be buying anyone let alone a full list of players.

Not saying KAI's talking pish by any means, but i think if anythings spooked McInnes out of it, it's just how fucked we are under this board. Combine their absolute incompetency, our inability to attract new revenue streams, and the fact they've moved the goalposts on the 'soft' loans that won't be converted into shares after all .... and i think he's seen signs of a sinking ship. 

36 minutes ago, AlCapone said:

Have you ever heard the saying ‘being diplomatic’

Spot on AC.

I suspect we could write off 90% of utterances coming from football clubs as barefaced lies if we pushed hard enough!

8 minutes ago, Vanoli said:

Don't buy it. With the financial state of affairs, and the AGM making it perfectly clear they won't be improving much anytime soon, i don't think for a second we'll be buying anyone let alone a full list of players.

Not saying KAI's talking pish by any means, but i think if anythings spooked McInnes out of it, it's just how fucked we are under this board. Combine their absolute incompetency, our inability to attract new revenue streams, and the fact they've moved the goalposts on the 'soft' loans that won't be converted into shares after all .... and i think he's seen signs of a sinking ship. 

Agree with this, allowing the loans to be converted only benefited King & Co..

The club is unrecognisable at the moment the only constant has been the fans. We are doing the club long term damage by blindly supporting this regime. I'm not sure we would survive another Admin event.

We need to force them out. Rangers is the fans. 

1 minute ago, Gaffbear said:

I' rather face the taigs with murty in charge than McInnes.  

Ideally the board will join the same ranks as McInnes and fuck off away from our club.

They won't fuck off we need to force them.. and the first part misses the point entirely.

17 minutes ago, Vanoli said:

This?

5 minutes ago, Gaffbear said:

I' rather face the taigs with murty in charge than McInnes.  

Ideally the board will join the same ranks as McInnes and fuck off away from our club.

Let’s see how he gets on with the diet ones on Wednesday, before getting carried away.

I agree full with your 2nd para?

2 minutes ago, London Calling said:

They won't fuck off we need to force them.. and the first part misses the point entirely.

The first part is my opinion to give if and when i decide .. . We can't force them as were stuck between a rock and a hard place .

We withdraw financial support and we fall further behind the tarriers but if we continue to be loyal they will have to be bought out and the only one with that sort of spare cash is Ashley and the debacle rolls on and on..

Our best hope is they either sell is and move on or find addition backers to pump money into the club 

Bottom line is, if we had a competent, trustworthy board, these sort of rumours wouldn't really be given the time of day, much less have us not really knowing what to believe.

The current Board will forever have my gratitude for getting rid of the previous cunts, but it's getting to the stage now where it reminds me of the other cunts in charge, as in yet again I really don't know what to believe, what to expect next.

They have to take responsibility for that.

They wanted in so badly, so they got in, they need to sort things out, or find someone who can. 

Archived