Club Statement

RFCRobertson

• Replies 994
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Jam_piece said:

Interviews? Nae bother David Frost. 

Well aye, I'm trying to make a career in football journalism so interview folk on a somewhat regular basis. I've ghost-written columns by Gordon Smith and Nacho Novo for WATP mag over the last three years, write a regular blog and occasional podcasts for the Daily Record, had a regular blog in Shoot magazine for a year and ran a fairly successful Rangers blog -covering Rangers under-20's a lot - for a while and also work full-time for Football Insider (linked above) covering both Rangers and celtic and broke the Ross Wilson rejecting Rangers DoF story and Michael O'Halloran no-showing the Under-20s game and subsequently being punished by the club.

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I do try. This is my 'bread and butter' so have spent an ungodly amount of time reading up and and speaking to people to learn how things are done on a day-to-day basis in football.

The way that transfers in particular are conducted is absolutely mind-boggling in how utterly crazy it can be sometimes. I've heard about clubs booking hotel rooms under aliases other clubs have used to book rooms in the same hotel so that it gets leaked to journalists and sends them off on a wild goose chase to throw them off their own transfer plans.

Fair play to you. I don’t always agree with what you say but a lot of the time I do. You’ve never shirked a question as far as I’m aware and I respect that.

3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Well aye, I'm trying to make a career in football journalism so interview folk on a somewhat regular basis. I've ghost-written columns by Gordon Smith and Nacho Novo for WATP mag over the last three years, write a regular blog and occasional podcasts for the Daily Record, had a regular blog in Shoot magazine for a year and ran a fairly successful Rangers blog -covering Rangers under-20's a lot - for a while and also work full-time for Football Insider (linked above) covering both Rangers and celtic and broke the Ross Wilson rejecting Rangers DoF story and Michael O'Halloran no-showing the Under-20s game and subsequently being punished by the club.

Apolgies. I just saw everyone else on here calling u a cunt and jumped on the band wagon to try and fit in. 

1 hour ago, Gaffbear said:

The first part is my opinion to give if and when i decide .. . We can't force them as were stuck between a rock and a hard place .

We withdraw financial support and we fall further behind the tarriers but if we continue to be loyal they will have to be bought out and the only one with that sort of spare cash is Ashley and the debacle rolls on and on..

Our best hope is they either sell is and move on or find addition backers to pump money into the club 

They are so far in front of us financially, it would make little difference. On the park the scum's biggest weakness is obvious in that central defence and I believe we can take the cunts in a one off, if our players can turn in a performance as in the first game against the sheep. The problem for us is, if we did take them, they can well afford to just go out and bring in better quality, which I think Brenda is already up to.

I would not be talking of withdrawing financial support, but spreading it over a season and tbh just the threat of it, they would react immediately, because they would have to and decide to either shit or get off the pot, because the consequences for them is their investment is at risk.

This crew really are not deserving to be leading us. They are just poison to everything we are about and have indeed turned us into the biggest circus act in this backwater. It's just one stroke after another being pulled and all down to that crooked cunt King. We literally have no credibility left, far less our integrity after the McInnes pantomime.

Fucking sad state of affairs.

12 minutes ago, Johnny Dangerously said:

Fair play to you. I don’t always agree with what you say but a lot of the time I do. You’ve never shirked a question as far as I’m aware and I respect that.

Cheers. It's one thing - more than anything probably - that annoys me with forums. Especially if it's a 'controversial' opinion. If you can argue your point, regardless of how mental it might be, then fair fucks to you.

Folk rarely change their minds online but if I can put my side across then I will. That's the whole point of these places after all.

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

Cheers. It's one thing - more than anything probably - that annoys me with forums. Especially if it's a 'controversial' opinion. If you can argue your point, regardless of how mental it might be, then fair fucks to you.

Folk rarely change their minds online but if I can put my side across then I will. That's the whole point of these places after all.

There’s a load of good posters on here, I won’t name them, unless they want me too, ha

Debate can get heated and sometimes the original point can get lost in petty arguments. You yourself will know this, right? Ha

Anyway, my cat has just shit and it’s stinking off to clean up. ?

20 hours ago, KingKennyMiller said:

That statement is a complete embarrassment, but then, that's nothing new with this board..

McInnes was on his way to Ibrox yesterday then  the deal fell apart after he was handed a list of the players he was told he would be signing.

He said he wouldn't sign them for Aberdeen so he certainly wouldn't be signing them for Rangers. Talks went downhill rapidly from that point on and the deal fell apart.

Milne agreed to make a statement to get the Aberdeen fans that had slated McInnes back on side.

McInnes is devastated at the events that unfolded as he desperately wanted to be Rangers manager. You can take that one to the bank.

14 hours ago, K.A.I said:

You are 100% correct.

I didn't want to say it on the board myself - but I've PM'd admin and a couple of others earlier about it.

The source is as good as you can get too.

One thing though it wasn't Maryhill it was Mar Hall in Bishopton. 

This is the problem with having a DOF - it's a fucking shambles. 

I was angry when I heard this and got more furious as tonight's went on.

Disgusting bastards running (ruining our club)

Don't let the taig allegations get you down mate - I know you are correct with your information here. 

Some folk in our boardroom need to hang their heads in shame. 

5 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

What's this about a transfer list?

Is the list and whose list it is on this thread?

9 minutes ago, Smell the hotdog said:

Tell you what I hope to fuck the team gets an early goal and settles our nerves today.

Everyone is on edge as it is, poor start and it will end up the team taking the brunt of it.  

All hostilities should be aimed at those prick in the directors box 

The statement is a joke and was something you would expect from a teenager on Facebook.

The board or DK should have said at the start something along the lines of "we have a target and hope to make a move as soon as possible", instead they hinted at McInnes and imho it was insinuated as a done deal. McInnes rejected the job or Aberdeen wouldn't let us speak to him, the board could have released a statement saying something along the lines of "we made an aporoach but the other club feels it wouldn't be in their interest to lose their manager at this time in the season" or if McInnes knocked us back it could have been along the lines of "we approached the manager but he didn't feel the time was right at this stage in his career to take the job, he thanked us for considering him and we thanked him for listening to our offer and wish him all the best in his future endeavours".

McInnes son is a friend of 1 of my family members and said that McInnes wanted the job but his wife didn't want the hassle of the media circus that came with it, which is fair enough to me. And also McInnes didn't beleive he could take the club forward, which again us fair enough to me. 

Lets be honest how many of us would want to work under that board, you know straight from the start that you're fucked from the clueless board to the lies you will get sbout the transfer budget. I think McInnes being a Rangers man didn't want to be the guy that fucked it up so being a Rangers man stopped us from getting him.

16 hours ago, Pure_Quality said:

Mate i'm not lying and I doubt you were either. We've all been taken in at one point, I totally was with previous boards etc, but you've totally been done here. Your believing what you want to because you wanted DM and you want it to be true.

Still think liking a taig post was bad form. Don't agree with that at all.

King Kenny Miller is no taig! He's my older brother and has followed Rangers man and boy for over 50 years. Unfortunately he has now been banned due to people such as you. 

40 minutes ago, TopCat said:

King Kenny Miller is no taig! He's my older brother and has followed Rangers man and boy for over 50 years. Unfortunately he has now been banned due to people such as you. 

Have you contacted admin TC, because that sounds as if that is a bad decision. It would have been made with the best information available at the time no doubt, you have now altered that information IMO.

I only read the one post by KKM last night when @KAI quoted an earlier post late at night and I could not see what was wrong with that particular post, but may have missed many more earlier in the day. 

Archived