K.A.I

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Fair comment actually. Wasn't working first half, he made the changes and we won. That simple.

I don't think Murty has it overall and bigger picture but he's doing himself no harm at all. He's still learning. He's doing OK.

I don't think he's the finished article but I think he has enough about him to take us forward. 

Today's result was just as significant as the two that went before it and for me he gets top marks, I'd take him over McInnes any day of the week. 

Unless there's an outstanding candidate that comes forward I think he's our best and most sensible option. 

Good to beat an oweny team, he'll be gutted, some apologist's will say he's not that way because he knocked back the bheggars for the job but that's shite he was at Burnley at the time and the Bolton job was on the horizon at the time so hung on for that, has made a few bob down south, only back here to top up the pension and be a thorn in The Rangers side much like the lurgan bigot, and when brenda eventually leaves the building every chance he'll get the job with his sympathies !

image.jpeg.088477445990c4c73caff4e107df139e.jpeg

5 minutes ago, BLUEDIGNITY said:

Good to beat an oweny team, he'll be gutted, some apologist's will say he's not that way because he knocked back the bheggars for the job but that's shite he was at Burnley at the time and the Bolton job was on the horizon at the time so hung on for that, has made a few bob down south, only back here to top up the pension and be a thorn in The Rangers side much like the lurgan bigot, and when brenda eventually leaves the building every chance he'll get the job with his sympathies !

image.jpeg.088477445990c4c73caff4e107df139e.jpeg

who the fuck are you talking about? 

2 hours ago, K.A.I said:

I hate the cringey overly positive posts that pop up for the sake of it/from people riding on a wee crest after a good result but I think this is a wee bit different.

This was a much bigger 3-points than some consider.

1- Obviously the embarrassing not won 3 games in a row in over a year monkey off our back.

2- Went second again after Aberdeen's win away to Dundee last night.

3- Set ourselves up nicely for Easter Road on Wednesday.

4- Morelos back on the score-sheet.

5- Not a good performance by any stretch but like all good teams have to do we dug out a win.

Usually scraping a win against Ross County at Ibrox I'd be the first to say fuck off - riddy - but I think this was different. It was a different game to the Aberdeen double header where we needed to show a lot more mentally.

The diamond formation, however, isn't suitable in all games. It works like against Aberdeen but I feel against Ross County at Ibrox it shows them far too much respect and leaves a big hole in midifeld because of it. I'm not as harsh on Pena as some, but a diamond formation like today makes him look like a bit of a luxury to be honest. 

Spot on mate, those games are the ones that win you titles. ??????

As for the diamond, today was crying out for going 3 at the back after it went 1-1 and bringing on another attacking midfielder or forward. 

41 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

That's when we need to be intelligent, though, if we have Pena top of a Diamond you need Holt to pick up on that and use the space well that them being 2 down in midfield due to them marking Pena brings, and can bring Windass and Candaies into play big time .. but that never happened

They played 4-5-1 really, our midfield never outnumbered them. It was the fact we never really exploited the wide areas, or switched play that hurt us.

Important for GM to avoid pressure being heaped upon him. 

It was a must win, considering the week we've had and it makes things feel a tad better.

Also, Coyle had them organised and difficult to break down and GM still overcame him tactically.  So that will be McIness, and Coyle he's outthought, if he can do the same with Lennon and Clarke and give Brenda a run for his money again.

Then maybe he will deserve the gig..  post could easily be in the 'if and but' thread Tbf.. 

Much of today's game was like so many games in recent times, frustrating and at times torturous, but unlike so many games in recent times the team managed to dig out a victory and send us all home happy.

Credit is due to 2 people, Murty  for having the sense to see it wasn't working and making the necessary changes  at halftime, and KAI for making a positive OP.

I agree a wee bit.

But we did win those types of games under previous managers. I sat at a Baltic Ibrox against Dundee 1 year ago under Warburton and a last minute Harry Forrester goal beat Dundee. I remember a few comments at the time about it being necessary to win ugly etc. It simply papers over some pretty glaring cracks tbh. But we won so hey ho. 

12 hours ago, K.A.I said:

I hate the cringey overly positive posts that pop up for the sake of it/from people riding on a wee crest after a good result but I think this is a wee bit different.

1- Obviously the embarrassing not won 3 games in a row in over a year monkey off our back.

5- Not a good performance by any stretch but like all good teams have to do we dug out a win.

Usually scraping a win against Ross County at Ibrox I'd be the first to say fuck off - riddy - but I think this was different. It was a different game to the Aberdeen double header where we needed to show a lot more mentally.

The diamond formation, however, isn't suitable in all games. It works like against Aberdeen but I feel against Ross County at Ibrox it shows them far too much respect and leaves a big hole in midifeld because of it. I'm not as harsh on Pena as some, but a diamond formation like today makes him look like a bit of a luxury to be honest. 

Nope, i disagree. I dont think much is different other than having a 'british minded' guy in the dugout. That''s how we scraped through yesterday. If you''re inferring that we've turned a corner then the next few games will provide a sobering reality. This squad is nowhere near good enough to meet our expectations. It needs 4-5 first team starters, minimum. And the money ain't there. 

10 hours ago, K.A.I said:

Fair comment actually. Wasn't working first half, he made the changes and we won. That simple.

I don't think Murty has it overall and bigger picture but he's doing himself no harm at all. He's still learning. He's doing OK.

back in the day when Walter took over nobody was very positive ,look how that turned out ,hopefully lightening strikes twice ,

although Murty is only a defeat away from the calls to get a manager in

13 hours ago, K.A.I said:

Very much glass half full from the OP but In fairness, it’s long overdue that we rebase our measures of progress to our current situation.

15 hours ago, K.A.I said:

To be fair I agree with this... However that not won 3 in a row now becomes we've not won 4 in a row all season and I hope the players know this and are now focused on this.