Aberdeen Chairman calls for apology?

scottyscott1963

The Scotsman is saying Stewart Milne successfully persuaded Derek McInnes to reject a move to Ibrox, and that talk of an increased budget played no part in the discussions that led to him turning down the chance to return to Rangers

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/st-johnstone/derek-mcinnes-hopes-aberdeen-chief-loosens-purse-strings-1-4637635

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 hours ago, KingKennyMiller said:

None of us know exactly went on.

But when McInnes left that day Rangers knew he wasn't coming back. To say they only found out via a statement from Aberdeen is absolute bollocks! 

Mcinnes has handled himself with the utmost dignity throughout this debacle.. I only wish Rangers could say the same.

In the end it all boils down to whose version of events you choose to believe. I'm sticking with the Brian Reid version. 

You seem to contradict yourself here by telling us no one knows what went on then telling us exactly what went on?

Is it coincidence that the first time in history that a manager has shat out of a more lucrative job is us at this point in time? Bearing in mind we're an absolute basket case and all the mad shit that's happened in the last few years.... Its purely a coincidence we're the club the once in a lifetime manager shiteing it incident had occurred? Really? 

1 minute ago, D'Artagnan said:

The most embarassing aspect about this whole debacle is that chairman of Aberdeen clearly has a better understanding of statements which are worthy and befitting of Rangers Football Club than our own board.

Spot on. He's talking more fondly about us and treating us with more respect than our own fucking board. 

16 minutes ago, Gman36 said:

Is it coincidence that the first time in history that a manager has shat out of a more lucrative job is us at this point in time? Bearing in mind we're an absolute basket case and all the mad shit that's happened in the last few years.... Its purely a coincidence we're the club the once in a lifetime manager shiteing it incident had occurred? Really? 

I think we’ll need to agree to disagree because Derek McInnes also bottled going to Sunderland which again would have been a bigger job than Aberdeen 

12 minutes ago, Rickshaw77 said:

You seem to contradict yourself here by telling us no one knows what went on then telling us exactly what went on?

Clearly something happened. Agreed?

McInnes told Brian Reid who told myself and others why he said no.

If people want to believe he shat it then good for them. 

Quite what he's supposed to have shat himself from God only knows. It's risible!

3 minutes ago, jintybear said:

I think we’ll need to agree to disagree because Derek McInnes also bottled going to Sunderland which again would have been a bit her job than Aberdeen 

Must have been easy knocking back Rangers and Sunderland for a club who've given him 850k to spend in FOUR FUC*ING YEARS ?. Do you think that'll change with a new stadium and training complex on the cards, allegedly ?.

8 minutes ago, D'Artagnan said:

The most embarassing aspect about this whole debacle is that chairman of Aberdeen clearly has a better understanding of statements which are worthy and befitting of Rangers Football Club than our own board.

For me it's also that McInnes has allegedly seen our January targets, Info which could persuade Milne to open his wallet to improve Aberdeen's chances in the competitions.

13 minutes ago, D'Artagnan said:

Exactly.

We''ll never get back to what we once were with King at the helm.

celtic know this and regard him as something of a figure fun at Parkhead.

This is yet another balls up on his watch and we're still no nearer appointing a new manager.

What a fucking shambles.

4 minutes ago, KingKennyMiller said:

Quite what he's supposed to have shat himself from God only knows. It's risible!

What I don't understand is why DM's family are saying the exact opposite of the Reid story, has DM lied to someone or no one.

1 minute ago, KingKennyMiller said:

Is big Reidy happy you are throwing his name around as a source on a public forum? Because he might not like all the tweets he might get as a result of your tireless work in letting loads of fruitcakes on the internet know this ! Just saying like 

3 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Is big Reidy happy you are throwing his name around as a source on a public forum? Because he might not like all the tweets he might get as a result of your tireless work in letting loads of fruitcakes on the internet know this ! Just saying like 

Give him a wee Tweet and ask him. 

11 minutes ago, KingKennyMiller said:

So risible you've spent hours protesting TOO much , probably because you know Del's reputation is forever damaged among bears.

5 minutes ago, KingKennyMiller said:

You made a statement above that said no one knows what happened.

If that was a typo then fine but considering you've been pushed on it twice now and not said that I think it's safe to say you don't really seem to have a linear narrative.

Bit strange also that you seem to have joined here for the sole purpose of defending Derek Mciness this is not an accusation of timpostering or anything but it looks like you have a bit of an agenda for some reason.

7 minutes ago, backup said:

What I don't understand is why DM's family are saying the exact opposite of the Reid story, has DM lied to someone or no one.

That's the main story doing the rounds it was his wife's decision.

So door closed let's move on .

If he does not have the balls for us then why are we still discussing him ?