Aberdeen Chairman calls for apology?

scottyscott1963

Just now, Sweetheart said:

Why do you have faith in what this Reid chap has to say? Why is it so important to prove McInnes didn't **** himself? If McInnes has a problem with people thinking he **** himself then he would make some sort of statement to say he didn't, wouldn't he?

No, he wouldn't.

He'd only be giving it oxygen, and he's far too clever for that.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, KingKennyMiller said:

The only people that know exactly what went on are McInnes and board members.

But it's only natural that McInnes would discuss his reasons for walking away with those closest to him - Reid falls into that category.

We all know something went horribly wrong at the 11th hour. The reason for this was a player list shown to McInnes which he totally disagreed with. He knew then he was being undermined and things went downhill rapidly after this.

When he left Mar Hall Rangers were left in no doubt that the deal was dead in the water.

Conte is one of the top managers in world football but has little control over transfers and that's now common in the  modern game, if Dels pushing that as an excuse then  i stick by the shat it accusation. Also it seems if your correct then Dels window of opportunities are ever decreasing.

3 minutes ago, KingKennyMiller said:

Erm.... I'm not the one in the hole.

If you think McInnes shat himself then you live in cloud cuckoo land.

The more astute bears are more than capable of reading between the lines.

Evidently you don't fall into the astute category

Deal with the facts - a perfectly legal approach was made by Rangers after the 2 sheep games and milne finally agreed that DM could speak with us. Then DM agrees to join us, even to the point of discussing the teamsheet for the R.county game. Then he returns to Aberdeen and the next thing milne issues a statement that DM has refused our offer.

Bit of poor communications from DM - even moreso thinking he's shat it - because he couldn't even come back and communicate himself.  Anyway, fuck him - and no doubt what has been said, he did the very same thing with Sunderland.

Just now, ianferguson said:

Conte is one of the top managers in world football but has little control over transfers and that's now common in the  modern game, if Dels pushing that as an excuse then  i stick by the shat it accusation. Also it seems if your correct then Dels window of opportunities are ever decreasing.

We're not Chelsea.

You got that Edgar link yet?

15 minutes ago, KingKennyMiller said:

The only people that know exactly what went on are McInnes and board members.

But it's only natural that McInnes would discuss his reasons for walking away with those closest to him - Reid falls into that category.

We all know something went horribly wrong at the 11th hour. The reason for this was a player list shown to McInnes which he totally disagreed with. He knew then he was being undermined and things went downhill rapidly after this.

When he left Mar Hall Rangers were left in no doubt that the deal was dead in the water.

It's called making the excuse to suit the situation.

Not making it clear to Rangers and Rangers hearing from milne - is poor.

Just now, WATP-FOREVER said:

Deal with the facts - a perfectly legal approach was made by Rangers after the 2 sheep games and milne finally agreed that DM could speak with us. Then DM agrees to join us, even to the point of discussing the teamsheet for the R.county game. Then he returns to Aberdeen and the next thing milne issues a statement that DM has refused our offer.

Bit of poor communications from DM - even moreso thinking he's shat it - because he couldn't even come back and communicate himself.  Anyway, fuck him - and no doubt what has been said, he did the very same thing with Sunderland.

Did he agree to join us? Is this one of your facts?

Just now, KingKennyMiller said:

No, he wouldn't.

He'd only be giving it oxygen, and he's far too clever for that.

Saying "he's far too clever for that " suggests there is an ulterior motive for

A. Not giving a statement to defend the "he **** himself" claims

B. The Aberdeen chairman wanting an apology from Rangers

As I said there is two side to every story and the facts need to be established before apologies are dished out.

1 hour ago, KingKennyMiller said:

Rangers won''t but should apolgise. Not to Aberdeen, but to McInnes for what was a disgraceful character assassination all because he decided against taking the job.

That statement that the cowards on our board were afraid to put a name to ( though we all know it came from the heid bummer himself ) tells me that McInnes was right to walk away.

The board have now placed themselves in the very awkward position of having to convince our next managerial target that he wasn't second choice. The spin on that should make for interesting reading.

They had their man and let him slip through their fingers. Incompetent doesn't come close.

Meeeehhhhhhhhh....

gallery-1500894944-sheep-close-up.jpg

4 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

Saying "he's far too clever for that " suggests there is an ulterior motive for

A. Not giving a statement to defend the "he **** himself" claims

B. The Aberdeen chairman wanting an apology from Rangers

As I said there is two side to every story and the facts need to be established before apologies are dished out.

Oh how we love a statement!

Derek's handled this the way a proper man should.

He's handled himself with the dignity befitting of a Rangers manager.

Unfortunately the same cannot be said of King or the board who just seem to go on making a cunt of things.

1 minute ago, KingKennyMiller said:

Oh how we love a statement!

Derek's handled this the way a proper man should.

He's handled himself with the dignity befitting of a Rangers manager.

Unfortunately the same cannot be said of King or the board who just seem to go on making a cunt of things.

Yes, I do love statements they give transparency.  I don't get what you mean by "Derek's handled this the way a proper man should."  Where's the dignity in not defending himself against the claim "he **** himself"? King's board may well have messed the deal up. Point I'm trying to make is that there are two sides to every story and the facts need to be established before dishing apologies out. 

1 hour ago, KingKennyMiller said:

McInnes and those closest to him know exactly what went on - including Brian Reid - his best mate and best man at his wedding.

Brian told me that when Derek Mcinnes left Mar Hall that day Rangers knew the deal was off. Finito. Done! 

So posters can decide for themselves whether they choose to believe David Edgar's version, or Brian Reid's.

Think I'll go with Big Reidy.

So why would Rangers actually say in their statement that they found out via the Aberdeen statement? 

BTW I am neither extremely thick or dolly dimple but I, like you, am entitled to my own opinion and I think he bottled it.

34 minutes ago, KingKennyMiller said:

Did he agree to join us? Is this one of your facts?

As you said nobody knows for sure what went on but why would we be telling him what players we were planning to go for in January if he hadn’t agreed to join us?

22 minutes ago, KingKennyMiller said:

Ahhh, so you've got to pay for him telling us that McInnes shat himself. Good yin.

Tell you what, think I'll pass.

See if you didn’t want Mcinnes as manager the board did good and should be applauded

see if you have a semi flaccid for DM as our manager - the board are a shambles. 

But you don’t need to pay me a penny to tell you imo he doubted himself taking on such a big job and decided he liked the mediocrity of the sheep  

or less politely- he shat it

Can anyone give a compelling reason as to why mcinnes would have "shat it"? It makes absolutely no sense.

Why would any manager back out of taking a bigger, more highly paid job? Where is the historic precedent for this? Football management is amazing in the sense that if you blag your way into a job you're not capable of doing you simply fuck up and get a handsome payoff. For a good recent example see P. Caixinha.

The mcinnes shat it angle to me seems like a good case of ego stroking - the Rangers job is so huge a relatively well regarded manager wouldn't feel up to the job of taking it on. Many people seem to be swallowing this. 

2 minutes ago, jintybear said:

So why would Rangers actually say in their statement that they found out via the Aberdeen statement? 

BTW I am neither extremely thick or dolly dimple but I, like you, at entitled to my own opinion and I think he bottled it.

Matters not wether he bottled it or not. That is pure speculation.

What is fact, is that we waited over six fucking weeks for this poisonous board NOT to secure his services. FACT.

This poisonous board released an abominal statement, that was cringeworthy to say the least, unprofessional and unbecomg of our institution. Made us look like absolute fucking soor grape clowns, again! FACT.

King, with the duplicity of this board are a fucking abomnation and should never be anywhere near our club. King is a fuckng criminal, 41 counts! A habitual liar and caught out again and again whilst at the helm of our club and awaits the CoS ruling that could send us spinnng.

The mendacious cunt will be gone and it can't come quick enough. You would need to be an utter fucking moron to believe a word that comes out his mouth.

Like so many things in the cess pit of Scottish football this could and should have been done privately. Milne or more valid Mcinnes phones Rangers and they if they wish say sorry for the crass statement and we move on..but as is always the case we have a slabbering media only too keen to run with a soundbite and so it goes on until the next chance to have a public spat with big bad Rangers comes along. Be that real or imaginary..

I cringed at the statement but coming out and demanding an apology is one way to get this and many other Bears to react with the usual "fuck up sheepshaggers"

I made a quip prior to the statement and just after we got our knock back that perhaps it's Dmc's wife who runs the house and she didn't want to move to Sunderland nor back to Glasgow. 

Time to move on..but will those who seek to damage us allow that..??

Certainly not..

Just now, Gman36 said:

Can anyone give a compelling reason as to why mcinnes would have "shat it"? It makes absolutely no sense.

Why would any manager back out of taking a bigger, more highly paid job? Where is the historic precedent for this? Football management is amazing in the sense that if you blag your way into a job you're not capable of doing you simply fuck up and get a handsome payoff. For a good recent example see P. Caixinha.

The mcinnes shat it angle to me seems like a good case of ego stroking - the Rangers job is so huge a relatively well regarded manager wouldn't feel up to the job of taking it on. Many people seem to be swallowing this. 

I think he knew the job was too big for him. It is highly unlikely that he will ever be sacked from Aberdeen but, IMO, he has taken them as far as they can go so what other reason would there be for not taking the Rangers job? 

When we were thinking we were going to get him I had a wee look on the Aberdeen forum. I looked further back at their comments from before we were in for him. The general consensus from the Aberdeen fans was that he can’t handle the pressure in big games. He very rarely won against the mhanks and even playing us, the worst Rangers team in my lifetime, he has lost more times than he has won.

I’ll admit that in the end I actually wanted him as our manager because I thought he would steady the ship and I was disappointed we didn’t get him but since seeing and hearing all the comments and interviews since he decided not to take the job I’m actually glad. When McInnes said he felt “not wanted” by Rangers, that was the straw that broke the camels back for me. What Derek needs to remember is that if we hadn’t fallen as far as we have he would never have been considered for this job and it is highly unlikely that he will ever be considered for it again and I’m sure he must have known that. 

As @KingKennyMiller said no one will actually ever know what happened obviously the pro McInnes people will believe what they have heard and the rest of us will think that he bottled it.

2 minutes ago, TEFTONG said:

Like so many things in the cess pit of Scottish football this could and should have been done privately. Milne or more valid Mcinnes phones Rangers and they if they wish say sorry for the crass statement and we move on..but as is always the case we have a slabbering media only too keen to run with a soundbite and so it goes on until the next chance to have a public spat with big bad Rangers comes along. Be that real or imaginary..

I cringed at the statement but coming out and demanding an apology is one way to get this and many other Bears to react with the usual "fuck up sheepshaggers"

I made a quip prior to the statement and just after we got our knock back that perhaps it's Dmc's wife who runs the house and she didn't want to move to Sunderland nor back to Glasgow. 

Time to move on..but will those who seek to damage us allow that..??

Certainly not..

It matters not the actions of others. We are hated. Nothing new.

What does matter, are the actions of this board. That is what sets the standards of this institution. Thus far, this board are an abomination and a cancer running through our club. Lies and deceipt are the order of the day. Bereft of any integrity. They have simply turned this great institution  into the biggest circus act in this backwater.

Just now, jintybear said:

I think he knew the job was too big for him. It is highly unlikely that he will ever be sacked from Aberdeen but, IMO, he has taken them as far as they can go so what other reason would there be for not taking the Rangers job? 

When we were thinking we were going to get him I had a wee look on the Aberdeen forum. I looked further back at their comments from before we were in for him. The general consensus from the Aberdeen fans was that he can’t handle the pressure in big games. He very rarely won against the mhanks and even playing us, the worst Rangers team in my lifetime, he has lost more times than he has won.

I’ll admit that in the end I actually wanted him as our manager because I thought he would steady the ship and I was disappointed we didn’t get him but since seeing and hearing all the comments and interviews since he decided not to take the job I’m actually glad. When McInnes said he felt “not wanted” by Rangers, that was the straw that broke the camels back for me. What Derek needs to remember is that if we hadn’t fallen as far as we have he would never have been considered for this job and it is highly unlikely that he will ever be considered for it again and I’m sure he must have known that. 

As @KingKennyMiller said no one will actually ever know what happened obviously the pro McInnes people will believe what they have heard and the rest of us will think that he bottled it.

Where in the history of football management has a manager turned down a more lucrative contract on the basis he might not make a success of it? I'd bet money that's never happened in history. And I'd bet even more money that hasn't happened in this instance. 

He's always struck me as a relatively confident, self assured manager. He's made a good go of running the Sheep and ran the scum close one season. Looking at it objectively it's almost impossible to imagine him knocking us back on he basis of "shiteing it". If he joined us and fucked it up he could get a job down south. He could probably have ended up back at Aberdeen eventually.

I realise it's too hard for some people to come to terms with what's happened on this. But it's another example where we keep burying our heads in the sand and not facing up to the reality of the situation. And the longer we do that the longer we are from getting back to where we want to be.