Aberdeen Chairman calls for apology?

scottyscott1963

Milne:

“I think it was very disappointing that a statement of that importance at that point of time came out without anybody taking ownership of it.

Again, he's bang on the money.

He's prepared to back his man and stand up and be counted.

Our board send out a faceless statement that no one's prepared to put their name to. An act of sheer cowardice if ever there was one.

]

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, KingKennyMiller said:

I said that something didn't sit right with McInnes - that's why he turned us down.

information would suggest he wasn't being allowed to bring in the players he felt were required in an effort to offer a credible challenge to celtic. Instead he was being told who we were signing in January by our DOF. 

McInnes has more balls and more class than anyone on our board.

You are all over the place with this. 

Just now, KingKennyMiller said:

I couldn't be any clearer.

Perhaps you can explain which part of it you're not quite grasping?

There is nothing to grasp. You said Rangers 'instigated this whole "afair"', that '"something" didn't sit right'. I asked you what in the Aberdeen chairman's statement even remotely hinted that something didn't sit right?

40 minutes ago, KingKennyMiller said:

Absolutely.

We wanted their manager. They never offered any encouragement. McInnes listened to what we had to say and obviously something didn't sit right with him. He decided to stay with Aberdeen. Simples.

For me, the blame for this lies entirely with Dave King. He identified the man he wanted but failed to bring home the bacon. The fact that we never had a plan B tells you all you need to know. 

In their arrogance the board never expected McInnes to turn the down the club he loves. We now find ourselves back to square one - still no manager - and a Chairman not fit for purpose.

This is the bit for me. We have had a go to get him and failed for whatever reasons, but no back up plan is very worrying. King is supposed to be a business man and should always be thinking of a fall back position.

2 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

The irony; it's a straight question. Is there anything in the Aberdeen chairman's statement that even hints at your assertion that '"something" didn't sit right'?

You're at it!

For the last time, I said McInnes listened to what we had to say, felt something didn't sit right, and walked away.

At no time have I said or implied that Milne said something didn't sit right. Got it now?

17 minutes ago, KingKennyMiller said:

I said that something didn't sit right with McInnes - that's why he turned us down.

information would suggest he wasn't being allowed to bring in the players he felt were required in an effort to offer a credible challenge to celtic. Instead he was being told who we were signing in January by our DOF. 

McInnes has more balls and more class than anyone on our board.

I think it is hard for many of our fans to believe that a Rangers fan would turn down the chance to manage us, but I believe he could see either a lack of desire to get in the right quality of players or too much interference from the D of F and decided to turn it down. I have never believed he shat it.

I was disappointed but see no reason to turn on DM because he did not take the job on, I am far more concerned what he was told by our board that made him think it was not going to be possible to overtake the tarriers. 

All just my opinion from what I have gathered since last week. 

2 minutes ago, KingKennyMiller said:

You're at it!

For the last time, I said McInnes listened to what we had to say, felt something didn't sit right, and walked away.

At no time have I said or implied that Milne said something didn't sit right. Got it now?

You answered it eventually; cheers.

Milne said last Saturday that Rangers board had to come out with a strong statement to supporters after what happened. He said at first that there was no compensation figure mentioned, nothing like that. When prompted by Richard Gordon he then said that it was understood or implied that Rangers were to meet it? What amount was discussed then?

He certainly tip toed through the tulips on that interview, and Gordon led him by the nose.

If DM turned at the last minute, then our statement says, don't anyone else carry on like this with us. If you ain''t up to it, or don't really want it, don't fuck us about. So it was either the board taking it as a stonewall that he was coming,  he merely considered coming, or they got a dizzy after getting led on.

Which is it?

13 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

I think it is hard for many of our fans to believe that a Rangers fan would turn down the chance to manage us, but I believe he could see either a lack of desire to get in the right quality of players or too much interference from the D of F and decided to turn it down. I have never believed he shat it.

I was disappointed but see no reason to turn on DM because he did not take the job on, I am far more concerned what he was told by our board that made him think it was not going to be possible to overtake the tarriers. 

All just my opinion from what I have gathered since last week. 

Of course it is.

But McInnes is no one's fool - and certainly not lacking  in confidence or ability.

He knows better than most that finishing second to celtic might be considered a success up in Aberdeen - at Rangers that's just not on.

He's obviously been looking for assurances, assurances that he would be given the tools to do the job. Reading between the lines it would appear that the DOF would be calling the shots as to who we would and wouldn't be bringing in. If indeed that is/was the case, then McInnes was quite right to walk away.

The less said about the statement that followed the better.

45 minutes ago, ZZed said:

This is the bit for me. We have had a go to get him and failed for whatever reasons, but no back up plan is very worrying. King is supposed to be a business man and should always be thinking of a fall back position.

This ^^^^

It took us six weeks to put all our eggs in one basket yet still we managed to come away empty handed.

Incompetence on a grand scale followed up by a statement of hardcore buffoonery.

7 hours ago, Negri's lovechild said:

Just another example of the cess pool that is Scottish football. The school playground filled with middle aged men with an over inflated ego and ideas of self worth. 

Milne is playing "the game" that is played here, calling out big, bad Rangers while playing the victim. How dare we act with initial courtesy and professionalism, and how dare we react when they act in an unprofessional way. 

Our club should never engage in any civility or bridge building with these cretins. The time for that is long gone. We need to batten down the hatches, and stop going along with these parlour games. We must accept that Scottish football wished us dead and that we are always fighting the tide of hatred. Here's hoping we get a good manager in at the start of the year and show these bastards we are back.

We certainly weren’t building bridges with our last statement :pipe: 

51 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

Not one word of that indicates that something didn't sit right.

Does that even matter?

Now something must have happened to change his mind, but it also matters not what it was.

What does matter is, we didn't secure his services and that statement in an abomination.

If this shit board wish to play dirty and get personal, then Milne cannot be faulted for defending his man. I would have ripped the hole out of ir.

7 hours ago, Heshootshescores said:

Whether you liked the statement or not, it was a rare statement from the board, against someone shitting on our club. 

So its a 'get yersel tae fuck' from me. 

Genuinely believe the statement would have been endorsed by the fans if they'd known the full facts. It was portrayed as if we'd asked a girl out in front of our mates and took the needle when she said no, what we didn't know was we'd contacted her the night before , she said yes and then changed her mind . By fu*k the board were justified in being be pissed off. As I've stated already our crime was to infer McInnes wasn't ready for a big job yet Milne tells us for fact that McInnes needs a few years with the sheep before he's ready for big job, yet that's not a problem? . Imo McInnes will need a lifetime before he's ready for a big job ,if ever, and he'll need to grow a set while he waits.

Dear Stewart,

Please accept our sincere apologies for beating your team soundly twice in the space of a week with our under 20 coach in charge.

Kindest regards to your long time manager and hope these defeats do not cause him undue stress.

I hope this apology is accepted with good grace.