3-4 Quality Players

J-Maestro

23 minutes ago, Lord Lockin said:

tell me what he did wrong at the first header

He didn’t head it past the keeper and into the net.

It was a sitter.

If Miller or Windass missed that we’d be onto the 10th thread slating them by now for missing a sitter.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, MasterD said:

It was a sitter.

If Miller or Windass missed that we’d be onto the 10th thread slating them by now for missing a sitter.

I have to agree with you in the sense that he absolutely should have scored. No doubt about it. But other than Tav' s shot getting saved. I don't really think windass or anyone elss got into any real goalscoring opportunities or when he did even make the keeper work. Morelos continued to get himself into the right place at the right time and was the only player we looked like scoring through today. Unfortunately his finishing was by no means at it's best.

6 minutes ago, MasterD said:

It was a sitter.

Aye and if it was Wes making the save  we'd be raving about it 

3 hours ago, james_85 said:

Need a striker Morelos misses too many chance. I know he has scored a good few for us but when you get days like today we need someone who will score the chances that he had.

Give him time. He is still young and has a lot to learn but he has bags of potential.  

6 minutes ago, Ibroxholm said:

Give him time. He is still young and has a lot to learn but he has bags of potential.  

I was saying to my old man at the start of the season that he will come good but the more that i watch him the more that i doubt it. for everyone he scores he misses 3 or 4 chances and some of them like today have been sitters. I did put it down to confidence previously but after today I am not to sure

2 hours ago, Courtyard Bear said:

You would need around 15/20 mill spent on those 3 or 4 players alone and that ain’t happening. 

No you dont, morelos £1 mill, £500,000 for dumbo, its about scouting and finding them, a think scandanavia is were we should look 

8 minutes ago, james_85 said:

I was saying to my old man at the start of the season that he will come good but the more that i watch him the more that i doubt it. for everyone he scores he misses 3 or 4 chances and some of them like today have been sitters. I did put it down to confidence previously but after today I am not to sure

Bit like McCoist then at that age?  

He's 21 and has scored 11 goals in 23 appearances playing for a team with a midfield that doesn't make that many chances for him.  I'd cut him some slack

We do need another striker, though

EDIT - being second is as good as being first - Buzz Aldrin

10 minutes ago, james_85 said:

He's scored 10 goals ( in what everyone says isn't a very good team ) so by your reckoning he's missed 40 chances :whistle:

2 minutes ago, MikeBlue said:

Bit like McCoist then at that age?  

He's 21 and has scored 11 goals in 23 appearances playing for a team with a midfield that doesn't make that many chances for him.  I'd cut him some slack

He do need another striker, though

don't get me wrong i like Morelos & I hope that he does come good. The point i am making is that we need someone to score these chances that we are creating now not in a couple of seasons. If we can get him a partner who is a better striker than him and then it takes the pressure from Morelos then that would help.

Agree, biggest problem for me is the consistency, especially against the so called smaller teams.  A few quality players, especially one in the middle of the park would go a long way to sorting this though as I reckon it would give the rest of a players a boost.  Think the priority should be as below:

Central Attacking Midfielder > Left Winger (unless we keep playing a diamond formation) > Partner for Morelos > Cover for RB.

The squad is really lacking in depth and I think today proved that, we used to have players like Novo on our bench that could come on and grab or set up a winner, I don't think there was a single player on our bench today that could really come on and do that anymore.

Hopefully Murty will be given a chance in Jan to at least sort some of the problems out but I really don't think we are as far away from them player for player as some think.

a quality player like davis, jelavic, mendes etc and we win that today, not 3 or 4 but simply 1, we need 3 or 4 for the full squad i agree but one solitary absolute quality player we win that today, someone with the creativity to produce something unexpected, think weiss in the league cup final to jelavic (though not weiss himself, just the magic of that quick free kick)

thats where wages come into it, we simply must bridge the gap between us and them wage wise if we want to topple not just them on days like this, but your hamiltons at home where they sit in their own box, difficult away games where you dont have as much of the ball

4 hours ago, james_85 said:

Need a striker Morelos misses too many chance. I know he has scored a good few for us but when you get days like today we need someone who will score the chances that he had.

I think Morelos will thrive playing alongside a good striker.

43 minutes ago, Fergie_6 said:

No you dont, morelos £1 mill, £500,000 for dumbo, its about scouting and finding them, a think scandanavia is were we should look 

Trying it that way is a gamble you use to fill a squad, to get a spine of a team that you know has the experience and capability to carry the team we need to spend serious money. Pity we pissed it all away letting Ally play football manager in the lower leagues  

I do agree we should be looking for those gems we can make some serious money on and looking at the less fashionable leagues of Europe is certainly the place  

2 hours ago, james_85 said:

3-4 months is nothing, Ally took two years to start hitting the net regularly when he first arrived.

Key thing is that he is getting on the end of chances.  Alright, he is not putting them away at present but with a bit more confidence and composure that will come.   Mind you, our coaches could do with concentrating on improving his heading ability.

5 hours ago, james_85 said:

both headers were sitters. any half decent striker scores both.

He works his arse off and consistently rag doll's experienced centre half's , he's 19, hardly speaks a word of English and is currently the highest scorer in the spl.

I'd say he's made a decent start to his Gers career and this time next year he puts both them chances away!