Halliday

MrMckee

32 minutes ago, gsa said:

Haven't seen much of him but  in his appearances with us so far, his touch and awareness have been pretty poor. 

I don’t think he can play the lone striker role. He’s not clever or quick enough to find space where the likes of Candeias was putting the ball - he’s a fox in the box and needs a foil. My view so far anyway. 

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I never really got to see the game but I believe he was played in a more CDM type role, the guy is an attacking midfielder and should be played in that role or not at all. 

He can't play numerous roles which is fair enough but GM will have to play him in a position he is comfortable in, not really fair to bash the guy when he is playing out of position and to make it worse it's a position the manager should know he can't play in.

35 minutes ago, ricksen_da_best said:

Don't think anyone expects Andy to be a starter every week, but a good utility player that's needed in every squad. 

Is a 'good utility player' a euphemism for he's shite in every position he has ever played, no wonder he couldn't get a game in Baku, sadly he's on a long contract thanks to that moron MW.   

Last nights line up was full of dross. Guys who need game time in a game it didn't matter who played, we were going to win. Andy, like the rest of the team need minutes on the pitch to pick up their match sharpness. You could tell he hasn't kicked a ball in ages. That said watching guys like Hodson, Kranjcar and Halliday playing up there gave me flash backs of the worst banter years under McCoist in the 4th tier. Embarrassing. Sooner the summer clear out starts, the better although Andy himself won't be going anywhere. He is here long term with his pal, the gaffer. 

11 hours ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Have to agree with you on Cummings an Morelos. I don't think Cummings could lace his boots tbh and it's quite amusing seeing so many people fanboying over him because he scuffed one in against Ross County.

I want him to be as successful as the next man but fuck sake some people don't half get carried away on here.

Picked the ball up at the halfway line, took it forward, got his shot away and scored yet, you refer to that as a scuff! Very strange.

As for not being able to lace Morelos' boots, he has had some really shocking misses in the last few games.

I’m not for getting on guys backs or making them a scapegoat, but he was fucking horrendous last night.

Sad day when Hodson makes you look a player. 

Honestly should never pull on a Rangers shirt again, he’s regressed so much since the semi-final win.

That said, he’s not the only one. Hodson, Dodoo, Herrera, Dalcio, MoH, Forrester, Krancjar and to an extent Miller are all brutal. Wish we’d got rid of the lot. 

Just now, Dazzler said:

Picked the ball up at the halfway line, took it forward, got his shot away and scored yet, you refer to that as a scuff! Very strange.

As for not being able to lace Morelos' boots, he has had some really shocking misses in the last few games.

Different players IMO.

Cummings is a poacher and someone that can pull something special / unexpected out the bag. 

Morelos is a workhorse battering ram that gives defenders nightmares. His hold up play, pressing and leading from the front are excellent. I’d start him ahead of Cummings every day of the week - although he definately has a role to play. 

Just now, JograBear said:

Why we brought all the deadwood back into the squad Ill never know. We have enough already! Poor decisions from Murty.

Probably brought them back to try and offload them. 

Would rather guys like MoH sat on the bench / in the reserves than benefited another club with us picking up 90% of his wage. 

1 minute ago, graeme_4 said:

Probably brought them back to try and offload them. 

Would rather guys like MoH sat on the bench / in the reserves than benefited another club with us picking up 90% of his wage. 

Maybe...

Would rather our youths sit in the bench than Halliday, Kranc, MOH, Hodson, Dodoo etc. Gives them experience and possibility of game time.

1 minute ago, graeme_4 said:

Different players IMO.

Cummings is a poacher and someone that can pull something special / unexpected out the bag. 

Morelos is a workhorse battering ram that gives defenders nightmares. His hold up play, pressing and leading from the front are excellent. I’d start him ahead of Cummings every day of the week - although he definately has a role to play. 

Wasn't so much the players as laudrups boots reaction to those players.