Jamie Murphy

pcbear

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He's comfortable on the ball, doesn't give it away cheaply, not enough movement for him though, would cut back a lot because he had no option to play it first time. 

Frustrating to watch Windass stroll about that attacking mid roll not looking interested.

I was arguing that we had to play 5 in midfield to win that battle, but Windass was still congratulating himself on that hatrick against Fraserburgh, so we basically only played with 4

6 hours ago, docspiderman said:

Thought he was very poor; flattered to deceive by beating his man easily but was incapable of making the final pass to his own team. Never tracked back to help his full back so upset the balance of the team.

Never tracked back to help his full back......first half he was largely restricted because of that very reason and he made for me the best defensive piece of play with an excellent tracking run and interception in his own box. I think what Murphy always offers is balance and team responsibility, and what he started to show today was his attacking threat. 

3 hours ago, ScotBear said:

Never tracked back to help his full back......first half he was largely restricted because of that very reason and he made for me the best defensive piece of play with an excellent tracking run and interception in his own box. I think what Murphy always offers is balance and team responsibility, and what he started to show today was his attacking threat. 

Everyone around me could see that Hibs always had a man in 30 yards of space on their right wing with Murphy nowhere near our half.First half was so unbalanced that Hibs were a constant danger down our left side of defence.

6 minutes ago, docspiderman said:

Everyone around me could see that Hibs always had a man in 30 yards of space on their right wing with Murphy nowhere near our half.First half was so unbalanced that Hibs were a constant danger down our left side of defence.

No17 Boyle was their man as soon as either the keeper or defenders had it. Murty was right there and could see the acres of space he had first half.

17 hours ago, psb07158 said:

Needs to show a bit more confidence and have a pop more often when cutting in on his right but signs are looking good 

Others need to make the runs to open up some space for him...........so frustrating.