backup

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, Reformation Bear said:

....which is why, imho, it is very very unlikely that we will be winning title 55 anytime in the reasonably near future.   The directors and decision makers have relegated hunger and determination to win title 55 soon in favour of just hoping for the best under a learner manager.     They've taken an almighty gamble with Murty.    

He is only here till the end of the season can’t say it’s a gamble till May when he gets his 4 year contract

3 hours ago, backup said:

There has been a wow factor to so much of the past 12 months for Graeme Murty, the 43-year-old could really only provide one response the other day when informed that this weekend marked the first anniversary of his first spell as interim Rangers manager. That month stint not to be confused with his second as interim. And not to be confused with his being confirmed as the club’s permanent manager for the rest of this season in the days before Christmas.

The highlighted bit in the first paragraph is one of the most convoluted piles of drivel I've ever seen introducing a newspaper article. Ignored the rest. Journalists my arse.

Just now, Siwel said:

He is only here till the end of the season can’t say it’s a gamble till May when he gets his 4 year contract

True.......but my belief is that unless there is the most almighty football catastrophe at Rangers between now and the end of the season he is a shoe-in for job.   There is no way, imo, a proper experienced capable manager could be attracted to the Club, or afforded.    Catastrophe would be a collapse in form leading to just scrambling into 6th position, or failing to get into the top 6.   Highly unlikely given where we are in the league now in Feb but football has seen collapses in form so its not entirely impossible.    Assuming that doesn't happen, then I think the job is his ...... and immediately title 55 anytime soon is immediately pushed further down the directors' list of ambitions.     

2 minutes ago, Reformation Bear said:

True.......but my belief is that unless there is the most almighty football catastrophe at Rangers between now and the end of the season he is a shoe-in for job.   There is no way, imo, a proper experienced capable manager could be attracted to the Club, or afforded.    Catastrophe would be a collapse in form leading to just scrambling into 6th position, or failing to get into the top 6.   Highly unlikely given where we are in the league now in Feb but football has seen collapses in form so its not entirely impossible.    Assuming that doesn't happen, then I think the job is his ...... and immediately title 55 anytime soon is immediately pushed further down the directors' list of ambitions.     

I disagree, there was one interested in the summer but we told him no cause he was foreign

3 hours ago, Smile said:

Murtys not going to make it at Rangers every supporter can spot the problems before he can he's a youth coach with less experience than McDowall was when he was appointed.

I’m beginning to suspect even when Murty wins trophies for us and delivers 55 you’ll still be moaning about it and looking to find something wrong with him. 

3 minutes ago, Siwel said:

I disagree, there was one interested in the summer but we told him no cause he was foreign

That was when the DOF and the directors were still running their lengthy and convoluted recruitment process which produced nothing other than installing the interim manager on a slightly more permanent basis pending review at the end of the season.   If the DOF and directors think they can get away with going through all of that time-wasting recruitment malarkey again in summer and still hope to attract good quality managers then, imo, good luck to them.    I still don't think the Club has the money - or will have the money - to attract a quality manager.    Even with ST sales and more being raised from shares being sold and from improved retail I still do not think we'd have what it takes to get a proper manager.   I'd be happy to be proved wrong on this but right now I just cannot see anything other than the directors hoping that the bet on Murty can still work for them. 

3 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

I’m beginning to suspect even when Murty wins trophies for us and delivers 55 you’ll still be moaning about it and looking to find something wrong with him. 

This is not going to happen under Murty.

Just now, Bluepeter9 said:

Very interested in your reaction if it does though! 

Why it will be Joy and Happiness tinged with disbelief, as I said will not happen.   

Do you need my reaction to know how you would feel or act I certainly do not need yours?

2 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

Do you think people boo success just because they’re not blind to absolute dross?

How does that make sense in your head

Many on here just seem to boo and nay say everything Rangers. 

How dies that make sense in your head?