Windass Again

Lord Lockin

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

43 minutes ago, Corky True Legend said:

Morelos misses as many chances as Windass, many of them a lot easier (usually headers) but does not get the same criticism. Personally, I like both and hope we can hang onto them for at least another season.

finally someone who knows what their talking about - and I'm a big Morelos fan - both be in my team every week 

he takes a lot of shit here for some reason he is the team scapegoat. dont get me wrong I am not defending some of his performances but at times he has not been the worst on the park but still gets the abuse. back in the 60/70s they got the abuse when they were on the park from the fans now its keyboard assassins. as I was told recently in the stands when I gave a bit of stick to a player sit down and shut up and the mint imperials came out wtf is that all about.players are over protected now at the game so it only leaves social media to attack them on rightly or wrongly. just think some should take a deep breath and figure out who actually deserves the shit on the day.

15 minutes ago, devref said:

he takes a lot of shit here for some reason he is the team scapegoat. dont get me wrong I am not defending some of his performances but at times he has not been the worst on the park but still gets the abuse. back in the 60/70s they got the abuse when they were on the park from the fans now its keyboard assassins. as I was told recently in the stands when I gave a bit of stick to a player sit down and shut up and the mint imperials came out wtf is that all about.players are over protected now at the game so it only leaves social media to attack them on rightly or wrongly. just think some should take a deep breath and figure out who actually deserves the shit on the day.

Mint imperials at the fitba. Fucking shocking.

Every time he is one on one with the keeper he hits it straight at his body FFS. A shitebag in tackles which is unacceptable as a Rangers player. He is that thick that he is a danger to himself, they wouldn't even accept him in Arkham Asylum.

Gone in the summer thank fuck along with Niko , Miller and Alves

10 minutes ago, saltire266 said:

Every time he is one on one with the keeper he hits it straight at his body FFS. A shitebag in tackles which is unacceptable as a Rangers player. He is that thick that he is a danger to himself, they wouldn't even accept him in Arkham Asylum.

You’re a funny one eh?

17 minutes ago, saltire266 said:

He’ll be here next season 100% 

56 minutes ago, saltire266 said:

Back when Eric Caldow first got into the side, he was criticised because "he never gets his breeks dirty" and he was a full-back. John White wa slated playing for Scotland for "never being in the game". Too many Scottish fans only appreciate the "Blood and Thunder" type of player and ignore those who actually have a bit of class. Both Windass and Morelos have time to improve.

Only 2 goals at Ibrox this season tells its own story. Doesn't have the mental strength to perform on that pitch and has missed numerous chances in the bigger games, Saturday and v Hivs in particular. 

It might mean a slight tweak in formation but I'd leave him out for the old firm. Cummings or Miller could take his place if we wanted a straight swap or Holt could come in if we wanted an extra man in the midfield. 

13 hours ago, Corky True Legend said:

Morelos misses as many chances as Windass, many of them a lot easier (usually headers) but does not get the same criticism. Personally, I like both and hope we can hang onto them for at least another season.

The difference is Morelos doesn’t hide when things aren’t going his way. Does a lot of running off the ball and try’s to make things happen. Yes his finishing can be questionable at times but overall the Wee man is excellent. I thought on Saturday we should have taken windass off and put Cummings on and let Morelos play the role windass was meant to be doing and leave Cummings upfront 

Cummings seems quite good at being an outball. He takes a long ball, controls it, passes and moves. Apparently that's not his best asset but he looks pretty good at that to me. Windass doesn't offer that.

I really didn't like Windass up until recently. I've warmed to him a bit but I really feel like we could better. I'd sell for a profit 

4 hours ago, saltire266 said:

Moron.

57 minutes ago, KBOO72 said:

Only 2 goals at Ibrox this season tells its own story. Doesn't have the mental strength to perform on that pitch and has missed numerous chances in the bigger games, Saturday and v Hivs in particular. 

It might mean a slight tweak in formation but I'd leave him out for the old firm. Cummings or Miller could take his place if we wanted a straight swap or Holt could come in if we wanted an extra man in the midfield. 

Miller taking Windass' place :lol: 

On 25/02/2018 at 22:58, Corky True Legend said:

you couldn't make last night up - Windass scores a cracker and Morelos scores with a header lol

5 minutes ago, markem said:

Out of curiosity, do you rate the two of them in equal measure or in that ball park?

I think Moelos is definitely a better player than Windass, the point I'm trying to make is I think Windass come in for a lot of unfair criticism especially on Bears Den, his play and runs in the last third of the park are far better than he's given credit for - as I posted earlier on did we get a bargain for £200,000 - yes - have we had a return for the money - yes   

9 minutes ago, Lord Lockin said:

I think Moelos is definitely a better player than Windass, the point I'm trying to make is I think Windass come in for a lot of unfair criticism especially on Bears Den, his play and runs in the last third of the park are far better than he's given credit for - as I posted earlier on did we get a bargain for £200,000 - yes - have we had a return for the money - yes   

For me his problem is (was) that as a support we simply do not take to players that go missing/hide when the going is tough and (again imo) that is who he was for a long time.  He is now shaking off that legacy by contributing significantly in games with goals.  Whether he will continue to disappear at times remains to be seen however even if he does he (and others) can point towards his significant contribution at other times which hasn't always been the case.  

Definitely yes to both posed questions in your post though, he could prove to be a genuine bargain when we sell him on.

Alf, is another league altogether for me, that not me having a go at Windass, I think we have an extremely talented individual on our hands with him - outstanding last night.

For all his haters there are backers who think you all talk bollox, I mean ppl wanted windass dropped for Cummings ???

just shows they know fuck all! about football imo or in our managers opinion clearly cos he still plays him, I mean it’s only his job ffs what does he know about fitbaw eh? 

But instead of letting the guy do HIS job many will want a new manager in cos murty obviously dosent think the same as them 

your opinions are only opinions an nobody really cares your opinion but feel free to vent them while the rest of us just back the manager an the team 

17 minutes ago, markem said:

For me his problem is (was) that as a support we simply do not take to players that go missing/hide when the going is tough and (again imo) that is who he was for a long time.  He is now shaking off that legacy by contributing significantly in games with goals.  Whether he will continue to disappear at times remains to be seen however even if he does he (and others) can point towards his significant contribution at other times which hasn't always been the case.  

Definitely yes to both posed questions in your post though, he could prove to be a genuine bargain when we sell him on.

Alf, is another league altogether for me, that not me having a go at Windass, I think we have an extremely talented individual on our hands with him - outstanding last night.

Windass is never going to thump into tackles, he's proved that and I'm not going to start slagging off players but  go missing/ hide Bruno Alves springs to mind