Jason Cummings

KeyserSoze

We won’t get many chances against celtic and I’m worried yet again Windass and Morelos will miss sitters that let celtic stroll to another win, I like them both but 17 and 16 goals for the season is nothing special he is the leagues top scorer purely due to celtic’s injuries

2 hours ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

While at Hibs he scored a number of goals during their cup runs against top-tier sides like: Hearts, Aberdeen, St.Johnstone, Hamilton, Dundee United (who were still a top flight club at that time).  He also bagged a number of goals against us who were stronger than many top-tier sides despite being in the Championship.  He got 60+ goals for Hibs while still a teenager and that's some going. 

While down South didn't he score two goals against Newcastle who went on to win the English Championship?  It now looks like he's about to get a call up to the Scottish national team after doing well for us.  You doubt he can be prolific against Scottish top-tier teams?  I don't think there's any doubt that this lad will score goals at this level he's very talented and is only going to get better.

Aye I counted them.

Until he gets a good run of games in the top flight and proves he can score regularly then of course there's doubts about it. Ridiculous to say otherwise.

13 minutes ago, The No.9 said:

We won’t get many chances against celtic and I’m worried yet again Windass and Morelos will miss sitters that let celtic stroll to another win, I like them both but 17 and 16 goals for the season is nothing special he is the leagues top scorer purely due to celtic’s injuries

Last year the top scorer was Boyce with 23, 2nd was Sinclair with 21 & 3rd was Dembele with 17. 

3 minutes ago, PRW. said:

Last year the top scorer was Boyce with 23, 2nd was Sinclair with 21 & 3rd was Dembele with 17. 

Yep you are right , they had about 5 players all close to 20 or 30 goals all in though , and the thumb gets 30/40 each season when fit too

28 minutes ago, The No.9 said:

:lol:

He's top goal scorer despite being injured himself for a while, he's 21 and he was playing for the first 4 months in a Rangers side that struggled to break most teams down.

Fucken hell lets just go the whole way with this logic shall we? Ally's record only looks good because celtic didn't sign a better goal scorer.

2 minutes ago, Getstiffed said:

:lol:

He's top goal scorer despite being injured himself for a while, he's 21 and he was playing for the first 4 months in a Rangers side that struggled to break most teams down.

Fucken hell lets just go the whole way with this logic shall we? Ally's record only looks good because celtic didn't sign a better goal scorer.

Don’t talk about logic then compare Morelos to Ally McCoist Hahahah , I’ll agree I have an unpopular opinion that Alfredo is overrated even though I like him, I just hate how many chances he misses and for me that’s always my no1 with strikers 

9 minutes ago, The No.9 said:

Don’t talk about logic then compare Morelos to Ally McCoist Hahahah , I’ll agree I have an unpopular opinion that Alfredo is overrated even though I like him, I just hate how many chances he misses and for me that’s always my no1 with strikers 

I didn't compare them.

6 minutes ago, The No.9 said:

Fair enough my mistake 

Another mistake you're making, If I may be so bold to say, is you're not learning from the history of our greatest goal scorer. Ally couldn't hit a barn door with a tractor trailor when he was 21. Sunderland fans loved and hated the guy because he was a character, very likeable but missed so many chances it was almost comical, Ally admits this himself. Even if you give him the credit he deserves for his record there's not a Rangers supporter out there that watched McCoist for 10 years that doesn't think he, given his obvious natural instinct for being in the right place at the right time, should have scored a lot more goals than he did.

You put this Rangers team of the last 2 months or so back to October and give Alfredo 6 months of playing with them and his tally would be more than 13 league goals and he would probably have missed plenty more along the way as well.

6 minutes ago, Getstiffed said:

Another mistake you're making, If I may be so bold to say, is you're not learning from the history of our greatest goal scorer. Ally couldn't hit a barn door with a tractor trailor when he was 21. Sunderland fans loved and hated the guy because he was a character, very likeable but missed so many chances it was almost comical, Ally admits this himself. Even if you give him the credit he deserves for his record there's not a Rangers supporter out there that watched McCoist for 10 years that doesn't think he, given his obvious natural instinct for being in the right place at the right time, should have scored a lot more goals than he did.

You put this Rangers team of the last 2 months or so back to October and give Alfredo 6 months of playing with them and his tally would be more than 13 league goals and he would probably have missed plenty more along the way as well.

Nah you are correct his first few season at Rangers we’re around 20 goals per season too.

in all honestly I’m just really frustrated and want Morelos to do well haha I like the guy but I only care about Rangers winning and for Sunday if Murphy and John are also fit I’d rather gamble in Cummings taking the chances that Alfredo 

Just now, The No.9 said:

Nah you are correct his first few season at Rangers we’re around 20 goals per season too.

in all honestly I’m just really frustrated and want Morelos to do well haha I like the guy but I only care about Rangers winning and for Sunday if Murphy and John are also fit I’d rather gamble in Cummings taking the chances that Alfredo 

tbf mate he can't even be compared to McCoist or Boyd. Neither of those 2 had the tools Morelos already has at this age. And that's what is remarkable about the boy, he has strength and knows how to use it. Most young players have to be coached how to do that. His overall game coupled with his scoring is why he's highly rated. No-one's claimed he's already or potentially the new *insert world class forward* but he's easily got enough potential that he can net us a 900% profit at least. That's defo something to crow about.

3 minutes ago, Getstiffed said:

tbf mate he can't even be compared to McCoist or Boyd. Neither of those 2 had the tools Morelos already has at this age. And that's what is remarkable about the boy, he has strength and knows how to use it. Most young players have to be coached how to do that. His overall game coupled with his scoring is why he's highly rated. No-one's claimed he's already or potentially the new *insert world class forward* but he's easily got enough potential that he can net us a 900% profit at least. That's defo something to crow about.

He has better hold up ability but I think Ally is a far better striker period he had better agility in the air and turning also better with either foot his head and far braver at diving into the box for goals , Boyd was purely a poacher though hahaha !

believe me as long as we win on Sunday i couldn’t care who plays up front but that’s all it is frustration there’s been so many games at ibrox this season he’s missed 2/3 chances and cost us a lot of points but he’s won a lot too

2 minutes ago, The No.9 said:

He has better hold up ability but I think Ally is a far better striker period he had better agility in the air and turning also better with either foot his head and far braver at diving into the box for goals , Boyd was purely a poacher though hahaha !

believe me as long as we win on Sunday i couldn’t care who plays up front but that’s all it is frustration there’s been so many games at ibrox this season he’s missed 2/3 chances and cost us a lot of points but he’s won a lot too

Aye and Ally had 10-15 years to prove that :lol:

Believe me if we went back to the late 80's and had the same conversation about a young Alistair McCoist you'd be saying the same thing you're saying about Morelos

1 hour ago, dan_ger said:

If Murphy isn't 100% id start Cummings and keep Murphy for later in the game. 

I think Cummings would be a disaster playing wide left against celtic, he said himself he's only played there once before. 

I know he tracked back a bit in 1st half but it's a different story against them. He won't be disciplined enough and that's not a dig at him, it's just not his position. Our left back whoever it is needs someone to help him out that's why Murphy would be such a big miss going forward and back.

The stage is set for him to come off the bench and score the winner. 

1 minute ago, Getstiffed said:

Aye and Ally had 10-15 years to prove that :lol:

Believe me if we went back to the late 80's and had the same conversation about a young Alistair McCoist you'd be saying the same thing you're saying about Morelos

I totally know where your coming from haha! But Morelos won’t be here 15 years I don’t think he’ll be here another 2 so I can only compare with what we have , end of the day Morelos is a more well rounded striker no doubt ! I’m just dying to see another out and out finisher at Rangers again 

6 minutes ago, Smell the hotdog said:

I think Cummings would be a disaster playing wide left against celtic, he said himself he's only played there once before. 

I know he tracked back a bit in 1st half but it's a different story against them. He won't be disciplined enough and that's not a dig at him, it's just not his position. Our left back whoever it is needs someone to help him out that's why Murphy would be such a big miss going forward and back.

Youve got a point there 

1 hour ago, The No.9 said:

Yep you are right , they had about 5 players all close to 20 or 30 goals all in though , and the thumb gets 30/40 each season when fit too

Griffiths has scored 40 goals once (all comps). Other than that his highest scoring season at Celtic was 20 goals (again, all comps).

Why are you working so hard to big up their players? :lol: 

1 minute ago, Creampuff said:

Griffiths has scored 40 goals once (all comps). Other than that his highest scoring season at celtic was 20 goals (again, all comps).

Why are you working so hard to big up their players? :lol: 

Sweating buckets here with all the hard work I’m putting in ? made some brash comments that’s all

17 minutes ago, Smell the hotdog said:

Good post. Regardless of whether it’s John, Wallace or Halliday at LB, we need a wide player in front of them. It’s a mark of the impression that Murphy has made that he’s already virtually irreplaceable. The real worry is that he goes with Miller and keeps Cummings or Morelos on the bench.

The other option if Murphy is unfit is to go narrow with Holt joining Goss and Docherty with Candieas free and perm any two from three up front in a 4-3-1-2 shape.

I really hope we sign Cummings on a permanent transfer this summer.

Love his gallusness, super confidence and the fact he winds opposition fans right up (just an added bonus :mutley:).

But he is a natural finisher and will score a barrowload for us if given the chance.

His 2 goals yesterday were top class finishes, particulary the second one......superb first touch then the early strike so the balls in the back of the net before the keeper can even set himself up for the shot.

You can't teach that......superb goal imho.

2 hours ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Aye I counted them.

Until he gets a good run of games in the top flight and proves he can score regularly then of course there's doubts about it. Ridiculous to say otherwise.

Ridiculous to say he won’t/can’t score goals in this league