Jason Cummings

KeyserSoze

I've went full flip flop on this. I have a feeling Murty might go 2 up next week if Murphy is still out, we're 2nd/3rd choice for both on the left side and weak there. I hope like hell Murphy is fit but this might be Murty's alternate formation considering what we've available. If you think of the players we have out, we have a few formations in us.

8 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

and it was Falkirk. So some perspective is required.

It was but the goals are the same size and you still have to be there to finish, he was, and might even had more, good player with a gallus streak who will rise to the big ones.

His finishes at Ross County and Ayr were top quality and the mark of a natural goalscorer.

I knew this would happen...Cummings done well today an deserves credit for a good performance but just remember it was against fucking Falkirk!! A team we knew he could score goals for fun against anyway

id like to see him get a run in the team but not at any cost, if Alfie has a bad game it dosent mean Cummings starts the week later as some people seem to think should be the case, Morelos is a better all round player so Cummings is either coming on for him as a sub or in somebody else’s position as a starter, unless injuries an suspensions ofcourse

that said I love Cummings attitude an personality it’s a pleasure to have the boy about the place an really hope we sign him cos Morelos will be off soon

1 minute ago, Tomatasauce said:

I knew this would happen...Cummings done well today an deserves credit for a good performance but just remember it was against fucking Falkirk!! A team we knew he could score goals for fun against anyway

id like to see him get a run in the team but not at any cost, if Alfie has a bad game it dosent mean Cummings starts the week later as some people seem to think should be the case, Morelos is a better all round player so Cummings is either coming on for him as a sub or in somebody else’s position as a starter, unless injuries an suspensions ofcourse

that said I love Cummings attitude an personality it’s a pleasure to have the boy about the place an really hope we sign him cos Morelos will be off soon

Morelos also played against ' fucking Falkirk " today.....

7 minutes ago, King Jela said:

And you can simply put Morelos' shocker down to a bad day at the office, every footballer has them, punishing him and dropping him next weekend won't do him or us any favours, especially if, say, Cummings starts and the rythm of our usual front 4 is off-balance because Cummings doesn't quite have the understanding that Morelos has with the other 3, not a gamble you want to take next weekend of all weekends. 

I think most of us can see the bad day at the office coming early doors though. The frustration he has and shows is a weakness.

I definitely don't want Morelos dropped for Cummings. It's more about if the 2 can be accommdated they should. Cummings done enough today to make a case and I really think Murty will get flak if he drops a hat trick scorer and we flop next weekend.

But as I say if Murphy returns then he is benched and I'd be a lot more comfortable with that than Murphy doesn't make it but Cummings is dropped for Miller or Holt or similar.

1 minute ago, King Jela said:

And he had a bad day, it happens, literally happens to every footballer. 

I agree and he is IN my starting 11 next week but I get fed up hearing that Cummings can only score against weaker opposition. He needs his chance very soon.

2 minutes ago, King Jela said:

And he had a bad day, it happens, literally happens to every footballer. 

He ran himself into the ground on Tuesday and was excellent,today because Cummings was in there as well he didn't have to work as hard as usual and he was just a wee bit slack,he will be ready for the tarriers next Sunday and will give them a hell of a time.

2 minutes ago, Tomatasauce said:

Morelos has a poor game so fuk what’s your point? Does that make Cummings better than the guy who has scored more goals than anybody else in the league??

In my eyes, they are different players. Morelos is fast and strong and Cummings is a natural finisher so it makes him a better goal scorer.

I honestly think Cummings is a much better finisher than Morelos. 

Yes, his hold up play is good and he works his backside off but his finishing has always been bad, proved that again today! We should have beaten the scum in the last game had AM not missed 2 guilt edged chances which I reckon a finisher like Cummings would have bagged at least 1. 

If the bids were true and we were offered £8-10 million we should have snapped their hands off. 

Just now, bluenoz said:

I agree and he is IN my starting 11 next week but I get fed up hearing that Cummings can only score against weaker opposition. He needs his chance very soon.

I never said that you did. Personally I have seen him score for Hibs against the Aberdeen’s etc but fuck Hibs until he does it for us, who are a different planet as a club than Hibs, he’s gonna have to do it again to convince us he deserves a start

nobody is against Jc btw everybody on here only want the best 11 possible on the park, opinions causes the arguments but see at the end of the day it’s murtys opinion that matter more than everybody’s on here

2 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

In my eyes, they are different players. Morelos is fast and strong and Cummings is a natural finisher so it makes him a better goal scorer.

Thank fuck your not Rangers manager cos imo you honestly don’t have a Danny mate 

Just now, Tomatasauce said:

I never said that you did. Personally I have seen him score for Hibs against the Aberdeen’s etc but fuck Hibs until he does it for us, who are a different planet as a club than Hibs, he’s gonna have to do it again to convince us he deserves a start

nobody is against Jc btw everybody on here only want the best 11 possible on the park, opinions causes the arguments but see at the end of the day it’s murtys opinion that matter more than everybody’s on here

Just to let you know mate, I will be putting a bet on Morelos to score next week and redeem himself.

1 minute ago, kanjo said:

It was good to see Cummings score 3 today and arguably set up the 4th.... the goals are spreading throughout the team and that's something we have lacked for a long, long time.

100% agree it's good for the players also and makes us stronger as a unit as we not pinning our hopes on just one player scoring the goals 

34 minutes ago, Ace said:

Morelos will start, God he missed tonnes today but his workrate was exceptional, the space he makes for others is what makes him so effective beyond his goal scoring (or lack thereof)

Murphy will come back to RW in the normal 3 behind ElBuffalo 

It’s incredible how much running he does considering he’s been playing football with no break in seasons for almost a year.

17 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

I think most of us can see the bad day at the office coming early doors though. The frustration he has and shows is a weakness.

I definitely don't want Morelos dropped for Cummings. It's more about if the 2 can be accommdated they should. Cummings done enough today to make a case and I really think Murty will get flak if he drops a hat trick scorer and we flop next weekend.

But as I say if Murphy returns then he is benched and I'd be a lot more comfortable with that than Murphy doesn't make it but Cummings is dropped for Miller or Holt or similar.

Kept Windass in in similar circumstances, after his cup hat-trick.

Would be nice to see Murty be consistent & reward a good performance.