Jason Cummings

KeyserSoze

11 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

then you play him in place of morelos - you dont shoehorn him in elsewhere.

Correct

but what might be even more bizarre - is to play Cummings instead of the league’s top scorer  

Murty will revert to normal service on Sunday and we’ll beat those cunts by two goals  

Cummings can come on for five minutes at the end to let him experience playing against the scum

He will get his chance. But it’s not now

12 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Non starters who then get a chance with a starting jersey need to demonstrate why they deserve to become a regular starter.

Cummings did this.

Not sure how to accommdate it but he shouldn't be dropped for Sunday.

Not a chance will he play from the start next Sunday, which is correct imo. He was brilliant today against a lower half Championship club. Murphy, Windass, Candeias and Morelos have been outstanding since the turn of the year and deserve to start against the scum. 

Just now, King Jela said:

Not a chance will he play from the start next Sunday, which is correct imo. He was brilliant today against a lower half Championship club. Murphy, Windass, Candeias and Morelos have been outstanding since the turn of the year and deserve to start against the scum. 

Thats what I have been trying to say. Poorly.

1 minute ago, King Jela said:

I get that. But he performed when he started, others didn't. He scored, others didn't.

Avalability from injuries will determine a lot but he's done what he's there to do today and more whilst others - who have failed both before at home and also v the bheasts - failed.

It's a big decision for Murty.

And to think folk on here were writing Cummings off because he didn’t impress when he came on as a substitute for a few games when the game as already won.

we all know if you give Cummings service he will score simple as that!

get him signed up in the summer £600,000 is a bargain 

7 minutes ago, Laudrup1690 said:

Miller should be no where near the starting 11

Agreed. I'm no fan of Miller, never have been, but what I will say is that when he's got a point to prove he delivers, ala against Hearts after the fraud got sacked, its when he believes he's untouchable and in the team every week that he's a problem. I thought he looked really sharp when he came on so I wouldn't be too surprised to see him make an appearance or even score next week.

Just now, King Jela said:

Agreed. I'm no fan of Miller, never have been, but what I will say is this is that when he's got a point to prove he delivers, ala against Hearts after the fraud got sacked, its when he believes he's untouchable and in the team every week that he's a problem. I thought he looked really sharp when he came on so I wouldn't be too surprised to see him make an appearance or even score next week.

Should be a impact sub and no more until end of season,can always pop up with a important goals I don’t doubt that.

2 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

I get that. But he performed when he started, others didn't. He scored, others didn't.

Avalability from injuries will determine a lot but he's done what he's there to do today and more whilst others - who have failed both before at home and also v the bheasts - failed.

It's a big decision for Murty.

I don't think it is at all. You pick the best team available and right now that's the same that started against St Johnstone mid-week. I love Cummings and im glad he got his hat trick today but barring injury he shouldn't be in the starting 11 next weekend. 

16 minutes ago, Siwel said:

I don’t think we should drop him for Morelos, he annoyed me today with his frustration but he’s a better all round striker.

I agree. But if Murty gets into Morelos head and gets him performing positively and gets a good performance then it's justified benching Cummings. Only Murty will know how much can be done to try to ensure that.

If Morelos performs on Sunday as he did today, whilst starting in preference to a guy that scored a hat trick in a game morelis crashed in, then Murty will come in for huge criticism if we don't get a result.

I hope to see both start, not sure how, as I say it depends on injuries and above all I'd rather see Murphy return fit than anything.

50 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Him and Docherty is what will make the difference.

Docherty will start, but my problem is if it's Windass who starts ahead of Cummings and does his shrinking violet, his Da will take forever to take him off.

I just pray Cummings starts, but I don't see the lad as an erse licker, unlike one.

Why such  hate for Windass? Kissed and made up with King have you? It's not healthy and everyone is laughing at you make a cunt of yourself.

I don't think it is at all. You pick the best team available and right now that's the same that started against St Johnstone mid-week. I love Cummings and im glad he got his hat trick today but barring injury he shouldn't be in the starting 11 next weekend. 

and it was Falkirk. So some perspective is required.

Course it is.

Win and it doesn't matter.

Lose, and if Morelos has a similar howler but has been selected instead of an on fire Cummings then it's huge question marks.

And I'm not suggesting starting Cummings over Morelos btw.

Morelos will start, God he missed tonnes today but his workrate was exceptional, the space he makes for others is what makes him so effective beyond his goal scoring (or lack thereof)

Murphy will come back to RW in the normal 3 behind ElBuffalo 

Just now, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Course it is.

Win and it doesn't matter.

Lose, and if Morelos has a similar howler but has been selected instead of an on fire Cummings then it's huge question marks.

And I'm not suggesting starting Cummings over Morelos btw.

Oh, I know you're not. Although I think even Cummings will understand himself that he won't be playing next week. Like cushynumber said some perspective is required, Falkirk are a lower half Championship table, not even a lower half top tier team. You can't really play him anywhere else other than in Morelos' position against top tier opposition and Morelos, yes he had an absolute howler today, is still the top scorer and still in hot form. I've no doubt he'll put this game behind him and be chopping at the bit next weekend. 

3 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

A perspective that both started against Falkirk, one was our best player the other the worst. That's all. 

And you can simply put Morelos' shocker down to a bad day at the office, every footballer has them, punishing him and dropping him next weekend won't do him or us any favours, especially if, say, Cummings starts and the rythm of our usual front 4 is off-balance because Cummings doesn't quite have the understanding that Morelos has with the other 3, not a gamble you want to take next weekend of all weekends.