Goalkeeper.

tannerall

8 minutes ago, Copland bear said:

Yep blame the goalie.  Not one of the goals were his fault today , the team  in  front of him are utter shite, we have Martin on loan who is pish , we have Alves who is pish but we let Wilson and Bates walk out the door for fuck all.

Start with the board , then the  manager and last but not least the team who decided not to turn up today.    We can replace 10 players before the keeper who is the least of our worries 

Disagree with that . He is a major part of our problems .

Maybe not so much today

He does not even try to organise his defenders in front of him it appears at times

2 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

If Tav hadn't the record he has with us . I would say , he is the least of our worries

But his record is a disgrace in big games . There is no getting away from that

That's our problem with more than a few players, not many really turn up in the bigger games, the sheep aside, however the most worrying is when they don't turn up against your Hamiltons, Dundee and St j. I feel as tho many know they are comfy in the position they are in and a proper hard manager would have booted them to fuck ages ago

1 hour ago, tannerall said:

Next season we need a goalkeeper that commands the penalty area and demands respect from our back line and especially our centre backs.

Fods a decent shop stopper, spectacular at times, but just does not have the presence or confidence of what I expect from a Gers goalie.

To be fair, he's probably been let down by just about every centre back partnership he's played behind, right from the lower division games, but a Gers goalie needs to have an ego almost as big as the club, and the confidence and ability to back it.

For me the main turning point was the day the mhanks fans behind intimidated him. He was never going to get over that, in my opinion. And he still looks exposed every time the ball comes across the box, high or low.  

Priority signing for next season ?

Bang average and if he shites his pants when opposition fans shout at him, he is no fucking use to us. He does have form for this defective quality.

13 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Alves was the best player on the pitch when he came on today.

And if you don't think Foderingham should be doing better with the first 2 goals then I don't think you really understand how goalkeeping works.

The 2 penalties were always going in. I don't remember the last time the "good shot stopper" actually stopped one of those but I have a feeling it was the last time we won this fixture.

The first goal he should never have got the shot away as bad defending and the second goal was suicidal from Martin.  And his fault he could not save a penalty that the useless cunts in front of him concede .

Now am I missing something ?  The 10 in front of him did not show up today but I suppose that's his fault also. As for understanding how goalkeeping works? I understand how football works which you obviously don't , sloppy defending cost us dearly today not the keeper 

1 minute ago, Copland bear said:

They did the 0-0 game on Dec 30th, agreed we need better, but letting them walk out the door for free and bring that tit Martin in on loan?   Who makes these decisions?  why were they even allowed to run there contracts down in the first place ?  Any player with 18 months left get told that's the deal if they don't want it then punt them.  

Like we are saying to each other rite now why, who, decisions, contracts we just do the guess work as to what's going on but it better be fucking good mate or we are in deep fucking shit.

Just now, Copland bear said:

The first goal he should never have got the shot away as bad defending and the second goal was suicidal from Martin.  And his fault he could not save a penalty that the useless cunts in front of him concede .

Nkw am I missing something ?  The 10 in front of him did not show up today but I suppose that's his fault also. As for understanding how goalkeeping works? I understand how football works which you obviously don't , sloppy defending cost us dearly today notbthe keeper 

Generally if you're trying to save a shot going to your left, it becomes more difficult when you take 2 steps to your right before diving for it.

3 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Disagree with that . He is a major part of our problems .

Maybe not so much today

He does not even try to organise his defenders in front of him it appears at times

Maybe if we invested in 2 decent centre halfs, should have been the priority signings under Warbs then Pedro, blame the board for wasting £3m on Pena and Herrera and blame the board for knocking back £11.5m for Morelos ,  in fact just blame the fucking board as we all new Pedro would not see past Christmas , if I had my way he would not have started this season 

1 minute ago, rabc10000 said:

That's our problem with more than a few players, not many really turn up in the bigger games, the sheep aside, however the most worrying is when they don't turn up against your Hamiltons, Dundee and St j. I feel as tho many know they are comfy in the position they are in and a proper hard manager would have booted them to fuck ages ago

Absolutely . Think of Walt as our Manager

What players would not have been culled before they overstayed their welcome

The list is a long one . From Kiernan past  to Windass present

I honestly think none of these guys would be there bar maybe a few

These last two games have proved to me he along with the rest isn't the required standard. Goran, Klos, McGregor etc these men were worth 10-15 points a season, Fod isn't the same level, granted the shite in front of him don't help. Beaten far too often from range and isn't commanding enough. 

2 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Generally if you're trying to save a shot going to your left, it becomes more difficult when you take 2 steps to your right before diving for it.

Don't blame the keeper both shots were passed into the net with ease we defended that well,  how about we cut out the mistakes and he does not have to deal with either shot in the first place.  

Maybe if we invested in 2 decent centre halfs, should have been the priority signings under Warbs then Pedro, blame the board for wasting £3m on Pena and Herrera and blame the board for knocking back £11.5m for Morelos ,  in fact just blame the fucking board as we all new Pedro would not see past Christmas , if I had my way he would not have started this season 

Not have me disagreeing with you on the board mate

I think myself and BA have been the most vociferous of all the bears on here about how much we dislike/hate  them

Don't blame the keeper both shots were passed into the net with ease we defended that well,  how about we cut out the mistakes and he does not have to deal with either shot in the first place.  

Passed into the net with ease because his poor positioning makes it easy.

Yes the defending was poor but he should still be doing better with them. It's his job. The defence can't always take the full blame for him.

1 minute ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Passed into the net with ease because his poor positioning makes it easy.

Yes the defending was poor but he should still be doing better with them. It's his job. The defence can't always take the full blame for him.

Sorry Fords is not the best but not at fault for anything today,  the tit in the dugout who set us all up wrong and the 10 tits in front of Fords should be slaughtered first 

10 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Absolutely . Think of Walt as our Manager

What players would not have been culled before they overstayed their welcome

The list is a long one . From Kiernan past  to Windass present

I honestly think none of these guys would be there bar maybe a few

Agree and the ones that did survive would only be doing so by upping the consistency levels as well.  However that's the dif a real manager makes

4 minutes ago, Copland bear said:

Sorry Fords is not the best but not at fault for anything today,  the tit in the dugout who set us all up wrong and the 10 tits in front of Fords should be slaughtered first 

He definitely takes some of the blame for the first 2 goals. To say otherwise is nothing short of delusional.

4 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

He definitely takes some of the blame for the first 2 goals. To say otherwise is nothing short of delusional.

He doesn't take the blame. That's just wrong.

A Goram, Klos or McGregor saves at least one of those though. Doesn't make Wes a bad goalkeeper though, maybe not just Rangers class. We probably fucked up not signing Gordon after we let him train with us for months. Not that it would have changed the outcome today but his saves from Morelos, Alves and then I'm sure his own player just after were top class.