Goalkeeper.

tannerall

Just now, ForeverAndEver said:

I would like to comment on the goals but am I fuck watching them again.

I'll save you the bother. For both Rogic and McGregor's goals he's moving towards his right as the ball is being struck towards his left leaving him flat footed before he attempts to move for them.

For the first penalty he was already on his way to diving right before Dembele chipped the ball to his left.

For the 2nd penalty he was just unlucky, it was a well hit penalty.

1 hour ago, tannerall said:

Next season we need a goalkeeper that commands the penalty area and demands respect from our back line and especially our centre backs.

Fods a decent shop stopper, spectacular at times, but just does not have the presence or confidence of what I expect from a Gers goalie.

To be fair, he's probably been let down by just about every centre back partnership he's played behind, right from the lower division games, but a Gers goalie needs to have an ego almost as big as the club, and the confidence and ability to back it.

For me the main turning point was the day the mhanks fans behind intimidated him. He was never going to get over that, in my opinion. And he still looks exposed every time the ball comes across the box, high or low.  

Priority signing for next season ?

I read that until decent shot stopper. 

2 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

There is no defending that .

Tav and Fod have been ever presents in that run I'm certain

They are 2 of our problems

Tav has improved a lot in the last 12 months. He was the only player today who got pass marks from me. 

4 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Absolutely 100% on the money

He is bang average . And that is not good enough for Rangers .

That maybe acceptable .

Was is not . Is his continuing presence in a side and consistently gets humiliated in many of the bigger games.

He has to go for me . We need better

He's not even average mate. He's really poor.

1 minute ago, eejay the dj said:

Absolutely 100%

Sad thing is . Him and Tav will be there next season doing what they do

Foderingham will be there until his contract is up. Nobody is buying him.

Hopefully he'll be demoted to 2nd choice soon because we won't stop 10 in a row with him as our number 1.

Yep blame the goalie.  Not one of the goals were his fault today , the team  in  front of him are utter shite, we have Martin on loan who is pish , we have Alves who is pish but we let Wilson and Bates walk out the door for fuck all.

Start with the board , then the  manager and last but not least the team who decided not to turn up today.    We can replace 10 players before the keeper who is the least of our worries 

1 minute ago, Copland bear said:

Yep blame the goalie.  Not one of the goals were is fault today , the team  in  front of him are utter shite, we have Martin on loan who is pish , we have Alves who is pish but we let Wilson and Bates walk out the door for fuck all.

Start with the board , the manager and the team who decided not to turn up.   We can replace 10 players before the keeper who is the least of our worries 

The gk is a big part of our problems along with central defence.  A blind man can see it.  Anytime a corner or cross comes into the box the defence is a shambles and a massive part of that is down to a gk who does not and cannot command his box. 

If we could organise his defence and man up and come for cross balls we wouldn't look anywhere near as bad when teams put pressure on us

3 minutes ago, Copland bear said:

Yep blame the goalie.  Not one of the goals were his fault today , the team  in  front of him are utter shite, we have Martin on loan who is pish , we have Alves who is pish but we let Wilson and Bates walk out the door for fuck all.

Start with the board , then the  manager and last but not least the team who decided not to turn up today.    We can replace 10 players before the keeper who is the least of our worries 

Alves was the best player on the pitch when he came on today.

And if you don't think Foderingham should be doing better with the first 2 goals then I don't think you really understand how goalkeeping works.

The 2 penalties were always going in. I don't remember the last time the "good shot stopper" actually stopped one of those but I have a feeling it was the last time we won this fixture.

Just now, Copland bear said:

Yep blame the goalie.  Not one of the goals were is fault today , the team  in  front of him are utter shite, we have Martin on loan who is pish , we have Alves who is pish but we let Wilson and Bates walk out the door for fuck all.

Start with the board , the manager and the team who decided not to turn up.   We can replace 10 players before the keeper who is the least of our worries 

You fucking mental Wilson n Bates would have not stopped those cunts we need proper no fuckin about defenders that make strikers go aw fuck. 

8 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

He's not even average mate. He's really poor.

I think he absolutely pish . I still think I'm in the minority

He reminds of Ally Maxwell although he was better. Just

He is a flapper , His kick outs are shocking including today  . He causes panic

He has a terrible record with our club . He is not an intelligent goalkeeper

He does not have good awareness .I could go on with Wes

5 minutes ago, rabc10000 said:

Tbf apart from 1 game in ever 10 he offers little to nothing going forward either

If Tav hadn't the record he has with us . I would say , he is the least of our worries

But his record is a disgrace in big games . There is no getting away from that

5 minutes ago, Band of Brothers said:

You fucking mental Wilson n Bates would have not stopped those cunts we need proper no fuckin about defenders that make strikers go aw fuck. 

They did the 0-0 game on Dec 30th, agreed we need better, but letting them walk out the door for free and bring that tit Martin in on loan?   Who makes these decisions?  why were they even allowed to run there contracts down in the first place ?  Any player with 18 months left get told that's the deal if they don't want it then punt them.