Goalkeeper.

tannerall

1 minute ago, MasterD said:

A real manager would bin the useless lump that we have in goals.

If Klos or Goram were in goals we would have still lost 4 with the shite in front of them.  Keeper is the least of our worries, we don't have a decent centre half at the club, we don't have a decent finisher, our midfield is very average, wingers? You could go on, we need 6 or 7 certain starts for next season. 

I have never rated him. We will win nothing with him as our number 1. Must be replaced in the summer if we want any chance of winning the league. Rangers keepers need to make big saves when it counts. How many times did an Andy Goram worldie save give the team a huge boost.

7 hours ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

I'll save you the bother. For both Rogic and McGregor's goals he's moving towards his right as the ball is being struck towards his left leaving him flat footed before he attempts to move for them.

For the first penalty he was already on his way to diving right before Dembele chipped the ball to his left.

For the 2nd penalty he was just unlucky, it was a well hit penalty.

Just bit the bullet there, maybe can be blamed for the first, definitely not the second though imo.

First was a disaster by everybody.

Second, Candeias and Martin.

Third, John runs on to his bad foot as usual and loses it, and how easy it was for one pass to get in behind was ridiculous.

Fourth, Holt

The big guy has become a symbol of the sub standard players who litter our squad. 

The sight of him diving despondently for shots he's no chance of reaching has an become an almost weekly feature of our play.

90% of the time that's down to God awful positioning so all those who describe him as a "good shot stopper" just take a wee look at the recurring goals he concedes then have a word with yourself. 

I’ve backed him like crazy but since the St Johnstone game at home my eyes have been opened. Every long effort feels like it has a more than likely chance of going in. 

Without watching them all back I can imagine the 25 goals hes conceded that at least half of them were saveable. The Mcgregor one last year in the semi was nothing short of a fucking embarrassment. 

Like I’ve said for months if we’re serious about the league players like Foderingham are on the bench or not even here

Seems to be one of these new age keepers who aren’t very good but get praise because they are decent with the ball at their feet.

He’s been decent for us but he’s been a constant feature in a period where we have been largely dreadful (Tavernier - who I like- falls into that category now too) and maybe it’s time to look at somebody else to be the number one for the longer term.

I reckon I’d have saved that’s Rogic shot with an outstretched leg yesterday but our ‘great shot stopper’ is as always moving in the wrong direction then not in the same post code as a shot that’s nowhere near the corner with no back lift and little power

Is incapable of coming for crosses, downright scary when the ball is played back to him. His kick outs are fucking woeful. And again moving the wrong way for McGregors goal 

The penalty was laughable and you can’t say you never saw that coming

Been saying for ages he’s an absolutely donkey but according to others he’s ‘the least of our problems.’ 

16 hours ago, plumbGER said:

He's rotten and i don't get why people say he is a good shot stopper, he isn't.

Watched a rerun of the 2nd a number of times - he seemed well placed, then his footwork took him the wrong way, meaning he dived back into the space he’d just vacated & was never reaching it.

A good ‘shot stopper’ would have had that.

56 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Seems to be one of these new age keepers who aren’t very good but get praise because they are decent with the ball at their feet.

He’s been decent for us but he’s been a constant feature in a period where we have been largely dreadful (Tavernier - who I like- falls into that category now too) and maybe it’s time to look at somebody else to be the number one for the longer term.

Spot on - can’t recall any saves of note by Man City’s wonderboy in their recent dismal run.

As for Wes, that’s 20-odd goals against v them in less than 2 seasons - he must have been able to do something about some of them.

7 minutes ago, HG5 said:

Watched a rerun of the 2nd a number of times - he seemed well placed, then his footwork took him the wrong way, meaning he dived back into the space he’d just vacated & was never reaching it.

A good ‘shot stopper’ would have had that.

He is honestly the worst shot stopper i can remember for us in the top flight.

2 hours ago, Gazza1212 said:

The big guy has become a symbol of the sub standard players who litter our squad. 

The sight of him diving despondently for shots he's no chance of reaching has an become an almost weekly feature of our play.

90% of the time that's down to God awful positioning so all those who describe him as a "good shot stopper" just take a wee look at the recurring goals he concedes then have a word with yourself. 

Interesting that Gilks had a number of saves in the LC semi & only let one in.

Makes me doubt Wes’s positional sense & footwork even more. 

5 minutes ago, HG5 said:

Interesting that Gilks had a number of saves in the LC semi & only let one in.

Makes me doubt Wes’s positional sense & footwork even more. 

I'm not sure Wes is big enough to be a modern-day goalkeeper in a physical league like ours. He'd probably do well in somwhere like La Liga where teams tactics aren't to shoot on sight and lump balls into the box.

You look at the current form keepers in our league, Craig Gordons 1.93m, Joe Lewis is 1.98m, McLaughlin is 1.91m. Wes is 1.85m and it shows, he struggles to command his box and frequently gets beaten from outside his box. Having a bigger reach would stop both...

4 minutes ago, plymouthranger said:

I'm not sure Wes is big enough to be a modern-day goalkeeper in a physical league like ours. He'd probably do well in somwhere like La Liga where teams tactics aren't to shoot on sight and lump balls into the box.

You look at the current form keepers in our league, Craig Gordons 1.93m, Joe Lewis is 1.98m, McLaughlin is 1.91m. Wes is 1.85m and it shows, he struggles to command his box and frequently gets beaten from outside his box. Having a bigger reach would stop both...

Good point.

I expect he’d have let in at least one of the decent efforts we put on target yesterday.

16 hours ago, Bighouse said:

We are 10 games without a win against the scum. Aggregate score of 25-7

We must have one of the worst records of any top flight club against the taigs in the last two seasons.

One of the reasons being Savco know we are shite,know we bottle it at the mere sight of a Savco jersey and love lording it over us. In a bizarre way they up their game when playing us when it should be the reverse happening. 

Whoever comes in as manager this is where you start. 

No need to over think this one. The goalkeeper is fundamental to any successful title winning team and unfortunately Fod has proved beyond doubt he doesn't have what's required here. 

Solid centre half's, combative midfielders, and clinical striker's all come after the No.1 situation is sorted out. Get this right and then build from the back.......end of. 

19 minutes ago, Gazza1212 said:

Whoever comes in as manager this is where you start. 

No need to over think this one. The goalkeeper is fundamental to any successful title winning team and unfortunately Fod has proved beyond doubt he doesn't have what's required here. 

Solid centre half's, combative midfielders, and clinical striker's all come after the No.1 situation is sorted out. Get this right and then build from the back.......end of. 

Interesting that the time we DID score 2 v them, it was against their 2nd/3rd string guy.