Is FDB the right choice?

BigBearButt

Murty has shown his imcoptance and short comings this game, everyone saw McCronie was getting overpowered in defence after 10 minutes and he needed to replace Halliday as CDM and put Alves in as CB.

Its time to get him gone, and I don't even want him back at youth set up , the board also fucked up major, appointing Jimmy Nicholl as no 2.

Not sure about FDB,  but can't be any worse.

Why do the only options seem to be long ball merchant direct football wankers like Pulis and Warnock versus what is perceived to be 'powder puff' 'philosophical passing football gurus?

Is there no-one out there that can combine an attractive to watch attacking passing side with good movement, with men that can go to war when they need to?

7 minutes ago, Rupret said:

Murty has shown his imcoptance and short comings this game, everyone saw McCronie was getting overpowered in defence after 10 minutes and he needed to replace Halliday as CDM and put Alves in as CB.

Its time to get him gone, and I don't even want him back at youth set up , the board also fucked up major, appointing Jimmy Nicholl as no 2.

Salary.Are we spending £1-2m a year on a gaffer right now? Especially when he would want/need cash for summer transfer window. 

As rightly pointed out earlier - the days of appointing managers with footballing philosophy’s who cannot grind out results is gone. 10 in a row is too close and money isn’t there for that kind of gamble

FDB is a good manager no doubt but would have no chance with us .I don't just mean the club I mean the fan base 

to be a success he would time to impose his style and philosophy he would also need a reasonable wedge to bring in some players that would suit his ideas 

neither achievable as the fan base just doesn't have the patience to sit through a season or so of transition nor does the board have 20 to 30m spare to invest 

a back to basics no nonsense manager is needed and for me that's Warnock .he would get his team out there fighting and would take no shite from refs and media 

3 hours ago, BigBearButt said:

I'm not so sure. We need an old school ball buster who can motivate players. 

Frank de boer would be a continuation of the Warburton (and Murty) style of play an d unless we can buy better players than celtic it won't work. 

I'd go for warnock and get a big and nasty team out on the pitch.

At the end of today not one celtic player looked like they were in a battle today it was all too easy for them. I'd get a big physical team on the pitch and bully the fuckers. 

For the millionth time 

Warnock signed a new deal in February with Cardiff at that point looking good for promotion. Warnock has said in the past he is a championship manager, and that the premier league isn't for him, but he signed a two year extension knowing that he is taking Cardiff up, so there's a disconnect there 

We are not going to appoint Warnock.. It is not going to happen 

13 minutes ago, magic8ball said:

FDB is a good manager no doubt but would have no chance with us .I don't just mean the club I mean the fan base 

to be a success he would time to impose his style and philosophy he would also need a reasonable wedge to bring in some players that would suit his ideas 

neither achievable as the fan base just doesn't have the patience to sit through a season or so of transition nor does the board have 20 to 30m spare to invest 

a back to basics no nonsense manager is needed and for me that's Warnock .he would get his team out there fighting and would take no shite from refs and media 

Isn't that why he failed at palace, trying to impose his attacking, passing football onto players that it was totally alien to.

9 minutes ago, 2nd Flute said:

Isn't that why he failed at palace, trying to impose his attacking, passing football onto players that it was totally alien to.

correct .got about 4 games then booted. modern football has no room for patience 

SAF would have remained AF in today's game as he would have got the boot long before the success happened 

saying that FDB was the wrong choice for a team fighting to stay in the EPL

2 hours ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

If Walter says he game for it on a short term period then wee jimmy bell should be polishing his brown brougues right now.

The man deserves his retirement but desperate times call for the question to be ask.

Walter with Ian Ferguson and Kevin Thomson.

I think Jimmy polishes them every night and irons Walters cardigans "just in case".

I like the idea of FDB and would love to think we could still attract a name like him to us at this time. However, his football or management style are simply not what we need right now.  Sadly, everyone else is an uninspiring pile of shite.......well suited to our squad right enough. 

2 minutes ago, Moody Blue said:

I like the idea of FDB and would love to think we could still attract a name like him to us at this time. However, his football or management style are simply not what we need right now.  Sadly, everyone else is an uninspiring pile of shite.......well suited to our squad right enough. 

FDB would be great if we had,or could afford the players to fit his system, we have players who can't fit into any system!!!

4 minutes ago, 2nd Flute said:

FDB would be great if we had,or could afford the players to fit his system, we have players who can't fit into any system!!!

Given he got bumped early doors because Palace wouldn't spend cash to support his ideas of players for his style, there is simply no way he could come to us without us having significant money to spend. We don't. 

We have 3 years to stop 10IAR Back FDB he will get us winning with a bit of style no more Halliday holt hodson herrera 4 quality signings this summer there is no gap between first 11 of either side then sort the depth.

From Walters time add Thomson Davis Cuellar and weir to our current squad and all of a sudden we are a different team. 

Players of that type are what we need this summer 

Our fucking idiotic board are obsessed with a DNA and philosophy. The fucking clowns running is have completely deserted the win at all costs mentality that we have had since day fucking dot.

If the scummy cunts don't realise this sooner rather than later then we are done.

It's that bad. Rock fuckin bottom today.

Mediocrity is now the norm.

9 hours ago, Rupret said:

Hmmmm plays 4-3-3 , doesn't change his tactics, it's  like Warbutton and Murty all over.

Saying that it's better than what we have.

He does change his tactics I’ve been on Ajax forums and that’s one thing they said that he will change his formation if not working.

everyone seems to have this idea that fdb plays this tippy tappy 433 formation but his teams were hard to beat and had the best defensive record in the Dutch league.

After watching that yesterday we would be lucky to get someone like fdb

Footballing philosophies are ok if you have a banks full of cash and can afford the best players to suit the style.

Warburton would be great with a Saudi bank account to plunder......

We need to do what Souness and Smith perfected - build from the back and through the spine of the team with guys that can pass and fight, add a sprinkling of Laudrup and Gascoine here and there and off you go.

9 hours ago, Rupret said:

He is not fit to coach youths after his obvious lack of leadership and tactics with the first team, he has to go.