Sell Morelos, Wes and Windass

kris1984

1 hour ago, kris1984 said:

Probably our best 3 players but the only sellable assets we actually have. 

Morelos - can’t be trusted. Works defenders well and holds up ball but that’s no good enough. That Motherwell striker will do the same in the final, we need much better than someone who just throws it about. 

Windass - done well this year but goes missing far too often. Cash in while stock is high. Maybe get £2-3m for him

Wes - seems like most people like him. I think he’s bang average, decent shot stopper but so should ever GK be. Flaps at crosses all the time. Nervous on the ball, gives it away all the time and cab barely clear ball 40 yards. Let’s in saveable goals too often. Get £1-2m

Could generate over £10m for the 3 and easily replace for less, leaving money for much needed other areas.

Right, I’ve said it, bring on the hate

be lucky to get £4 million for the lot 

The difference is by next season two of they cunts will have had a few seasons and are absolutely woeful with limited potential.

Morelos is a young boy being asked to spearhead our attack, create something from nothing and be the only one with a pair of balls.

He’s raw as fuck but unless I’m missing something even as a second striker or one of a two he is an absolute dream compared to fucking Garner.

He along with a good few others have had ZERO coaching and ZERO meaningful tactical input for about 6months, and I’d argue even before that.

Expecting McCrorie and Morelos to be consistent 9/10’s when we don’t even have a system, nevermind a good one, not a single decent coach, and no manager, absolute madness, enough to make anyone fucking crumble on the spot 

Its the ones aged 24-30+ Ye should be expecting far more of, Tav, Fod, Windass, Dorrans, Alves, Miller are all far more culpable and at the age they should be far better in certain areas

11 minutes ago, Smile said:

You tell me I don't have all the answers I just find it odd we turned down 11 million and then put up assets for a 3 million pound loan.  

If you don't find that strange fair enough.

If you don't find it strange that a BBC journalist would claim to have seen proof of it when he hadn't strange then fair enough.

2 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

I'd also like to know what "good shot stopper" means.

He's poor from close range and he's possibly the worst I can remember in terms of conceding goals from distance 

the only game i can remember him doing anything was in the dying minutes against Aberdeen when he pulled off a few point-blank efforts when the game was already won. thats it.

54 minutes ago, Goosetav said:

£12-£15m imo

I personally don't think they're worth anything like that but the way the market is just now players are going for funny money

I absolutely agree. Let's stop underselling our players and get as much as possible for them, every cunt else does it to us.

1 minute ago, cushynumber said:

the only game i can remember him doing anything was in the dying minutes against Aberdeen when he pulled off a few point-blank efforts when the game was already won. thats it.

I can barely even remember that mate. 

It tends to be important match winning saves you tend to remember, not ones when a games already won as you mentioned 

10 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

I'd also like to know what "good shot stopper" means.

He's poor from close range and he's possibly the worst I can remember in terms of conceding goals from distance 

You may have noticed but it is beginning to get on my tits when people say it:lol:

Just now, .Williamson. said:

It's annoyed me for a long time mate and i've asked numerous times on here, in person and on Facebook pages what it means and nobody ever explains it :lol:

The best i seen someone try explain on here was that he was basically good at reflex saves at close range, to me that is not where shot-stopping ends though, he is fucking hopeless at dealing from SHOTS from range.

He isn't even good at reflex saves either, a big frame like his will get lucky sometimes but that's about it.

We are in agreement mate, we need better than Wes to compete.

1 minute ago, plumbGER said:

The best i seen someone try explain on here was that he was basically good at reflex saves at close range, to me that is not where shot-stopping ends though, he is fucking hopeless at dealing from SHOTS from range.

He isn't even good at reflex saves either, a big frame like his will get lucky sometimes but that's about it.

We are in agreement mate, we need better than Wes to compete.

He doesn't even command his box well or make himself big when coming out in 1 on 1 scenarios. 

Our whole backline including GK is diabolical just now 

Mental that folk think this lot is worth 10+ mil and as can replace them for less than half of that. Do you not think other clubs have scouts? Do we have world class scouts? Judging the fact that fod Morelos and windass are our best players given the amount we have brought in would suggest not. Truth is we got greedy in taking the gamble that Morelos wouldn't drop form and would continue to rattle in goals and make the WC squad his goal drought was the evidence we needed that it wasn't likely.. Should've bit the hand that offered us anything near 10million for him because there's not a snowballs chance in hell we'll get offered that again. Windass worth about a million and fod is worth a 'nominal fee'

need a proper manager in NOW! to try and get the best out of our bad bunch before even considering selling them before jan. 

3 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

He doesn't even command his box well or make himself big when coming out in 1 on 1 scenarios. 

Our whole backline including GK is diabolical just now 

He's a big lump of a lad but seems to shrink coming for crosses, his judgement of the ball flight is horrendous and he gets pushed around too easy.

I never feel confident when an opposition striker has a one on one with him, never.

Correct mate, Russell Martin is as bad as Keirnan, McCrorie i think is nowhere near ready to play centre half for us and the less said about Alves and Cardoso the better.

19 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

He's a big lump of a lad but seems to shrink coming for crosses, his judgement of the ball flight is horrendous and he gets pushed around too easy.

I never feel confident when an opposition striker has a one on one with him, never.

Correct mate, Russell Martin is as bad as Keirnan, McCrorie i think is nowhere near ready to play centre half for us and the less said about Alves and Cardoso the better.

Its fine mate we'll get a new group in during the summer and win a few pre season games against English championship sides and convince ourselves we're class again 

2 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Its fine mate we'll get a new group in during the summer and win a few pre season games against English championship sides and convince ourselves we're class again 

As long as we sign players who we can sing songs about and incorporate the words about hating the pope and the IRA, we will have a reason to believe again.

Going for 55.

1 minute ago, plumbGER said:

As long as we sign players who we can sing songs about and incorporate the words about hating the pope and the IRA, we will have a reason to believe again.

Going for 55.

It's all about staying off work singing the sash with a guy that probably struggles to spell his own name 

2 hours ago, AyrshireBlue said:

Imagine being in Morelos' boots.. a whole fucking half of a pitch to chase down yourself, which he tried.. 

He needs a partner.. not 2 wide men who fire average deliverys into the box..

Wes, good shot stopper, diabolical from mid to long range 

Windass, blows too hot and cold.. thick as fuck and i can only assume he is unable to retain any tactics asked of him.

Think that's a bit unfair on Windass

He knows two tactics: Keep dayin that, stoap dayin that.