Sell Morelos, Wes and Windass

kris1984

Probably our best 3 players but the only sellable assets we actually have. 

Morelos - can’t be trusted. Works defenders well and holds up ball but that’s no good enough. That Motherwell striker will do the same in the final, we need much better than someone who just throws it about. 

Windass - done well this year but goes missing far too often. Cash in while stock is high. Maybe get £2-3m for him

Wes - seems like most people like him. I think he’s bang average, decent shot stopper but so should ever GK be. Flaps at crosses all the time. Nervous on the ball, gives it away all the time and cab barely clear ball 40 yards. Let’s in saveable goals too often. Get £1-2m

Could generate over £10m for the 3 and easily replace for less, leaving money for much needed other areas.

Right, I’ve said it, bring on the hate

1 minute ago, kris1984 said:

Morelos - can’t be trusted. Works defenders well and holds up ball but that’s no good enough. That Motherwell striker will do the same in the final, we need much better than someone who just throws it about. 

Windass - done well this year but goes missing far too often. Cash in while stock is high. Maybe get £2-3m for him

Wes - seems like most people like him. I think he’s bang average, decent shot stopper but so should ever GK be. Flaps at crosses all the time. Nervous on the ball, gives it away all the time and cab barely clear ball 40 yards. Let’s in saveable goals too often. Get £1-2m

Could generate over £10m for the 3 and easily replace for less, leaving money for much needed other areas.

if you sell windass and morelos that is essentially selling our forward line. We would then need to replace said forward line. After we do that, how much would be left for "other areas"?

1 minute ago, plumbGER said:

Not another one, he really isn't a decent shot stopper. The fact he lets in saveable goals further proves that point.

Cant remember the last key save he made. Also not big enough or commanding enough to claim crosses. This put addd pressure on not the biggest back 4 

9 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

if you sell windass and morelos that is essentially selling our forward line. We would then need to replace said forward line. After we do that, how much would be left for "other areas"?

Whatever our original budget was could be spent on the other areas of the team. You'd get a decent amount for those 3.

2 minutes ago, Bearsden bear said:

Cant remember the last key save he made. Also not big enough or commanding enough to claim crosses. This put addd pressure on not the biggest back 4 

He is big enough but is a complete flapper at coming for cross balls.

He's had a couple of good games but by and large is a pretty poor goalkeeper.

10 minutes ago, kris1984 said:

Carson is probably one of the better keepers in the league and even him would net them about 750k.....Wes would not go for more than that.

Windass scoring lots against low level opposition but not consistent around the same maybe 1M tops

Morelos no more than a million. i never believed the Chinese stories for a minute

We then have to replace these players with better players...not happening for this money

Just now, cushynumber said:

£8M for the three of them - and thats absolute tops.

£12-£15m imo

I personally don't think they're worth anything like that but the way the market is just now players are going for funny money

18 minutes ago, kris1984 said:

What other areas? I assume you mean our squad? Because that's all we should be focusing on. Far as im concerned the all the stadium repairs, all the other off field stuff should come to a halt and every penny going towards the team because without a decent team none of that stuff will matter

Just now, With Heart and Hand said:

What other areas? I assume you mean our squad? Because that's all we should be focusing on. Far as im concerned the all the stadium repairs, all the other off field stuff should come to a halt and every penny going towards the team because without a decent team none of that stuff will matter

Aye I mean the squad as in we don’t have 1 decent CB

6 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

I stop giving out contracts to proven losers 

That would be a good start 

Have to agree. Over the last three years, we have been giving players longer and improved contracts based on them having shown some good form in a run of a few games.  Tavernier and Candeias being examples of this this season.  I don’t mind us doing this for young players with future potential, such as McCrorie, but we really have to raise the performance threshold before giving out new improved contracts to older players or players who have been there for 2-3 seasons and continually not done it for us on the big stage.

3 minutes ago, Goosetav said:

£12-£15m imo

I personally don't think they're worth anything like that but the way the market is just now players are going for funny money

Mark Allen would have earned his cash. If we got £10m I reckon £4m of it could replace those players with better ones

Imagine being in Morelos' boots.. a whole fucking half of a pitch to chase down yourself, which he tried.. 

He needs a partner.. not 2 wide men who fire average deliverys into the box..

Wes, good shot stopper, diabolical from mid to long range 

Windass, blows too hot and cold.. thick as fuck and i can only assume he is unable to retain any tactics asked of him.