Who should Rangers promote from their development squad?

King_gazza

7 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Very average player as he's shown in the handful of games he's played. 

I thought he done not too bad when called upon from what I can remember. Surely can’t do any worse than what’s on the bench currently. 

5 minutes ago, Jb85 said:

I thought he done not too bad when called upon from what I can remember. Surely can’t do any worse than what’s on the bench currently. 

He wouldn't do any worse than Docherty and Halliday but certainly no better. He's not that great. 

38 minutes ago, RFC RYAN said:

He’s had a few injuries missed a big part of the season. 

A few of them need to go out on loan. 

Really like the look of Stephen Kelly. 

Surely better giving them 30 mins in games rather than send them out and sell them.Look at Hardie, he should have told us to fuck off years ago.I like Beerman and I'm sure there is a few who could do a job with us.

4 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Beerman got thrown under a bus that day. Going up against Roberts when he wasn't ready probably affected his development. He shouldn't be judged on that.

Saw Beerman in the game against Liverpool at Ibrox and he was comfortably the worst player on the pitch. He and Jordan Thompson were awful. 

1 minute ago, gsa said:

Saw Beerman in the game against Liverpool at Ibrox and he was comfortably the worst player on the pitch. He and Jordan Thompson were awful. 

I'm not suggesting that either of these kids are going to make it with us but that was the wrong game to find out.

3 hours ago, Jb85 said:

He actually looked fairly composed on the ball but lacked endurance I think. In the game against Hibe away he looked in danger of dropping dead at one point. 

1 minute ago, bluenoz said:

I'm not suggesting that either of these kids are going to make it with us but that was the wrong game to find out.

I disagree mate. It was a development game against players mostly younger than the two of them. You'd expect them to be stand outs, at least in the Rangers team. The opposite was actually true and they were both notably poor. Perhaps it was an attitude issue. 

Just now, gsa said:

I disagree mate. It was a development game against players mostly younger than the two of them. You'd expect them to be stand outs, at least in the Rangers team. The opposite was actually true and they were both notably poor. Perhaps it was an attitude issue. 

No. I'm talking about throwing Beerman in the deep end against Roberts in the 5-1 game. To me that was wrong and probably stalled his development

Zak Rudden more than deserves to at least make the bench even if he was going to get 10 mins here or there.

In the development games so far this season, he's got 8 goals in 4 games that I know of. He's scored hat tricks against AEK Athens & Leicester but also scored against Valencia & FC Copenhagen.

2 hours ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Would definitely give Middleton some game time after the scum game. 

Totally agree. When youth players confidence is on a high then it's worth giving them a run out, it'll only help settle their nerves when they step onto the park.

8 minutes ago, King_gazza said:

Zak Rudden more than deserves to at least make the bench even if he was going to get 10 mins here or there.

In the development games so far this season, he's got 8 goals in 4 games that I know of. He's scored hat tricks against AEK Athens & Leicester but also scored against Valencia & FC Copenhagen.

We should but we won't.

23 hours ago, K.A.I said:

I’d be amazed if any of them are ready 

I said this in another way on a different thread. I realise it's pretty rare to bring through a youth who is good enough for the first team, but we had a better standard of player before.

While I'd love a Barry Ferguson, where are the Charlie Adam's, Allan McGregor's and Alan Hutton's of the world.

I still think our youth development could be so much better.

Would be amazed if any of our under 20s could step in and enhance our first team.

As much as promoting youth players who turn into top players is something we all want in order to get that result it needs to be done right. Nothing wrong with sacrificing MOH or Halliday for a youth every week and if the game has been put to bed get them on the park and give them minutes in a game where the pressure isn't too much. Sure there was a game this season Atayaki was on the bench and we were 2 or 3 up after 60 minutes. To me that's the perfect time to rest a first team player and play the young lad. Pretty sure Murty made no changes till the 85th where he brought Herrera on if my memory is correct. To me that's criminal.

If any if them are playing well in the development squad, they should Gould be thrown in where needed, irrespective of the team they’re facing.

They need to learn, and learn quick, that it isn’t all sunshine and blow jobs, you need to be able to perform with the pressure and fans on your back. 

Thatll separate the boys from the men.

On 4/24/2018 at 20:22, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

None. Let's not get carried away because they beat Leicester.

They've also beat Bayern Munich, Benfica, Villareal, FC Copenhagen. They've also drew with Man City & Feyenoord.

Doing this kind of stuff has been a major plus point for us & I hope we keep doing these matches instead of the development league.