I wonder if Ashley now regrets the hamfisted way he went about the takeover?

Thermopylae

50 minutes ago, Hadron Collider said:

You are right, but Ashley didn’t own us. He had a small part of us. If he was full owner we wouldn’t have had Warburton or Pedro in the mix. That’s the point I was trying to make. 

So you know what Ashley thinks and what he would have done? 

He couldn't own is because he owns Newcastle. You are fantasising mate. 

Just now, Drunk and disorderly. said:

So you know what Ashley thinks and what he would have done? 

He couldn't own is because he owns Newcastle. You are fantasising mate. 

I realized that my man. Knew he couldn’t have both teams. Fantasizing perhaps but for sure we wouldn’t have had the last 2 managers. 

3 minutes ago, Hadron Collider said:

I realized that my man. Knew he couldn’t have both teams. Fantasizing perhaps but for sure we wouldn’t have had the last 2 managers. 

Aye. We'd be in the semi-final of the Champions League tonight. 

Good old Mikey would have seen to that.

1 hour ago, Tomatasauce said:

He ran us even with that poxy 9% had his men on the board, was the only one with money but wouldn’t use it unless it was loaned against assets to gain even more power wtf as bad as our board are they are fucking angels compared to that fat peice of slimey shite

Like king hawking our assets to a lender of last resort, to cover the £3 million he/noal didn’t come up with despite assurances to the auditors.

5 hours ago, Tomatasauce said:

He ran us even with that poxy 9% had his men on the board, was the only one with money but wouldn’t use it unless it was loaned against assets to gain even more power wtf as bad as our board are they are fucking angels compared to that fat peice of slimey shite

:rofl:

19 hours ago, Tomatasauce said:

I think that's how a majority view it but others think he'd sell Newcastle and buy us outright.  Personally I don't trust his motives but it feels like the wheels are really coming off now unless the internet rumours about new owners/investors are true? Robert Sarver (a name from our past and owner of the Phoenix Sons) is a name that I've seen clearly on the back of AJ although I'm sure AJ warned against him in the past so who knows but either way this circus has to stop.

On 30/04/2018 at 19:46, crazy bob swollenbaws said:

Aw ffs. Will people never fuckin learn. The only way to make money from us is by making us top dogs. If he did that he deserved a slice.

Will people never fucking learn. Nobody makes money from football unless your game is to bleed then dry ala Ashley. 

You have 3 types of football investor

1. Billionaires who want a play thing in a good league with profile.

2. Wealthy fan investors who want to spend a little money keeping their club ticking over. 

3. Wolves who want to bleed the club dry. 

Ashley is a wolf, he saw a big name struggling and stepped in and grabbed as much as his fat hands could carry. That’s his business model. 

He was not looking for a long term project or to make us successful. That would take money. He’s been burnt once investing in football. 

3 minutes ago, theiconicman said:

Will people never fucking learn. Nobody makes money from football unless your game is to bleed then dry ala Ashley. 

2. Wealthy fan investors who want to spend a little money keeping their club ticking over. 

Ashley is a wolf, he saw a big name struggling and stepped in and grabbed as much as his fat hands could carry. That’s his business model. 

He was not looking for a long term project or to make us successful. That would take money. He’s been burnt once investing in football. 

of course you can make money from Football, wish people would bin that lazy quoute 

26 minutes ago, bob1873 said:

I think that's how a majority view it but others think he'd sell Newcastle and buy us outright.  Personally I don't trust his motives but it feels like the wheels are really coming off now unless the internet rumours about new owners/investors are true? Robert Sarver (a name from our past and owner of the Phoenix Sons) is a name that I've seen clearly on the back of AJ although I'm sure AJ warned against him in the past so who knows but either way this circus has to stop.

Was it not him that invested in a Spanish side an it all went Pete tong?

3 minutes ago, AlCapone said:

when will the penny drop with the King fans ..... Peter Lawwells SFA wouldn't allow Ashley to increase his shareholding but passed King as fit and proper.  Lawwell got his preferred choice running Rangers, Its that simple   

Ok then ya fanny by the way I’m not a king fan, if the pricks plane crashes I’ll not be shedding a tear but see that bit about Lawwell if you believe that you an even bigger whopper than I thought.

37 minutes ago, Tomatasauce said:

Ok then ya fanny by the way I’m not a king fan, if the pricks plane crashes I’ll not be shedding a tear but see that bit about Lawwell if you believe that you an even bigger whopper than I thought.

As I said, that simple

1 hour ago, Tomatasauce said:

Was it not him that invested in a Spanish side an it all went Pete tong?

Real Mallorca I think now in league 2.  Think it’s the same guy.  Off course some saying the investment is John Fenway Sports (Liverpool and Boston Red Sox) presumably due to Gerrard. 

43 minutes ago, bob1873 said:

Real Mallorca I think now in league 2.  Think it’s the same guy.  Off course some saying the investment is John Fenway Sports (Liverpool and Boston Red Sox) presumably due to Gerrard. 

Think it is the same one I’m not a dave king or the board fan but we could be in a worse position, dosent take the mess we’re still in easier to take but

2 hours ago, Tomatasauce said:

Business and doing business is all about relationships and influencing outcomes to your benefit. Liewell is the most powerful and influential individual in football in this backwater.

Exactly what he influenced we can only but speculate, but influence he did and I doubt any of it was for the good of our health, wealth or prosperity.

23 hours ago, backup said:

Like king hawking our assets to a lender of last resort, to cover the £3 million he/noal didn’t come up with despite assurances to the auditors.

The assets weren’t “hawked” and the difference is those assets are bits of ground around the stadium not the IP rights to the club’s crest. 

7 minutes ago, BigDak said:

The assets weren’t “hawked” and the difference is those assets are bits of ground around the stadium not the IP rights to the club’s crest. 

They the assets were hawked (synonym traded), for a facility of £3 million, from a lender of last resort once favoured by whyte.

6 hours ago, theiconicman said:

Well said mate!

1 hour ago, backup said:

They the assets were hawked (synonym traded), for a facility of £3 million, from a lender of last resort once favoured by whyte.

“Lender of last resort”. Other than reading it online have you any proof to back up this assertion?