Steven Gerrard MBE - New Manager

Wullie72

• Replies 8.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, OhW said:

The fact we keep interviewing managers is how we end up with smooth-talking shysters like Warburton and Pedro. Get someone with a fucking proven track record.

Warburton did well on a shoe string budget, he had a fall out with the board as they would not give him the money to get decent players , how many of his players cost £1m or £2m like Herrera or Pena?  The only one I can think of was Garner. Pedro was 10 steps back after Warburton and the board need to get this appointment right.  Is Stevie G that man ? If not the filth are guaranteed 10 in a row.

Stevie G was a fantastic player, him and Lampard the best 2 English midfielders since Gazza but as a manager he has done fuck all, I would prefer them to go with a safe pair of hands like Steve Clarke, but if Stevie G takes the job he will have mine and every bears full support I have no doubt on that.  

He or anyone stops the, filth  doing 9 never mind 10 will be in the Ibrox hall of fame next to Struth, Souness, Waddle , Wallace , Smith and if he manages that  then he will be gone in 3 or 4 seasons as a English Premiership team will come calling and he will rightly deserve his move. 

Incredible if we're even considering this, absolutely mental. The very definition of a project manager who's likely to need 3-4 years to find his style and we're (maybe) considering this when we need to win the title in the next 2 years. Utterly bizarre.

10 minutes ago, jackrfc95 said:

GVB, Guardiola and Zidane all went from being youth coaches to being successful first team mangers straight away. 

Likewise there are plenty others who have done the same and failed spectacularly. 

Massive risk. 

Guardiola took over a squad with Messi, Xavi, Iniesta, Ronaldinho, Puyol... and Zidane took over a squad with Ronaldo, Modric, Bale, Ramos, Kroos...

Gerrard will be taking over a squad with Halliday, Holt, Windass, Herrera, Dodoo etc.

1 minute ago, Pure_Quality said:

Incredible if we're even considering this, absolutely mental. The very definition of a project manager who's likely to need 3-4 years to find his style and we're (maybe) considering this when we need to win the title in the next 2 years. Utterly bizarre.

Why do we NEED to win the title in 2 years?

33 minutes ago, Laudrup1690 said:

Are you saying Liverpool football club don’t have a winning mentality?

incase you forget we have lost 7 games at home and unfortunately we don’t have the winning mentality at the moment

That is entirely my point. Gerrard won't bring that in my opinion.

10 minutes ago, ClydebankBearWATP said:

I'm trying to take hope from the fact there are two novice managers in Germany who have stepped in to jobs and are doing brilliant and are now being linked with top jobs in tedesco and nagelsman. They have no experience either.

Half Rangers problem is mentality and I'd imagine that is certainly one thing Gerrard would improve instantly. Say what you want but he is a winner through and through. He wouldn't take any shite or be a soft touch like Murty.

I can only hope Dave on his travels to Liverpool has been hearing rave reviews about what Gerrard is doing with the youths and his ideas and this is why he is getting a crack at it. 

It instantly raises our profile across the world aswell. celtic spent 2.5 mill a season on crispy lips to get decent recognition and us appointing Gerrard will probably get us more. Obviously results on the park will be the judge but it could be a great appointment or a disaster who really knows.

Does anyone know how his Liverpool team play or if their record is good? 

He's done well with their youth team from what I know what formation they play couldn't tell you. Would imagine it would be in same vein as Klopp's.

6 minutes ago, Amac9 said:

Guardiola took over a squad with Messi, Xavi, Iniesta, Ronaldinho, Puyol... and Zidane took over a squad with Ronaldo, Modric, Bale, Ramos, Kroos...

Gerrard will be taking over a squad with Halliday, Holt, Windass, Herrera, Dodoo etc.

Yes and they were expecting to beat better teams. 

We struggle to beat the likes of Dundee, Kilmarnock and St Johnstone consistently and we have  a better squad than them on paper. 

I'm doing my best to justify this here admittedly.

39 minutes ago, OhW said:

The fact we keep interviewing managers is how we end up with smooth-talking shysters like Warburton and Pedro. Get someone with a fucking proven track record.

Agreed...we still need to interview em but ?

1 minute ago, plumbGER said:

What if you found out the guy he lamped was a taig?

He says Scott Brown is the toughest opponent he has played against, he is and always has been up the filths arse.  

To be honest like Wayne Rooney I always thought he was one of them ? 

We want a video of him standing on a chair in the changing room with all the squad around him singing the sash then god save the queen :UK:

He could be the best or worst appointment we have ever made excluding Pedro that is.  Time will tell if we get him and will  he start after Sunday's game?  As the quicker the get who they want in the better to target players and get rid of the deadwood now at the club. 

3 minutes ago, Copland bear said:

He says Scott Brown is the toughest opponent he has played against, he is and always has been up the filths arse.  

To be honest like Wayne Rooney I always thought he was one of them ? 

We want a video of him standing on a chair in the changing room with all the squad around him singing the sash then god save the queen :UK:

When did he say that?

Definitely leftfield.

But if it's SG then it's time to keep reminding them of their experience with Souness.

We know the situation's different in many ways but we don't need to remind them of that.

A bit of momentum with SG and they'll crumble.

13 minutes ago, Amac9 said:

They were the best players in their respective teams, can you name the bit part players of Real and Barca like the Rangers ones quoted as examples?

3 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

When did he say that?

Plenty of quotes online etc.  My wee mate who goes everywhere Europe the lot was over for 2  begger tickets last night and he said he always thought he was a tarrier also,  some fucking player don't get me wrong , some spectacular goals but a hell of a gamble by the board, could be a masterstroke or a disaster 

Archived