McCrorie

MrMckee

7 hours ago, K.A.I said:

No wait, can't be true - the Rangers Media footballing experts had him wrote off a few days ago.

Absolutely great talent.

Never a center half, but a battling central midfielder? yes please. 

Even McInnes' spent his post match interview raving about him.

While I agree McCrorie is a player wouldn't listen to a thing McInnes has to say

54 minutes ago, Smell the hotdog said:

I must of been watching a different game last night.

He failed to control the simplest of balls numerous occasions, first touch terrible and gave away a needless corner which resulted in the penalty. 

2nd half he was better, when he drove forward with the ball but think some are getting carried away. 

No, exactly what I thought came in here and he's the next Gerrard. 

I must have been watching a different game last night to everyone else, I thought he was sub standard at best.

I lost count the number of times he got caught on the ball or gave possession away and don't get me started on his first touch.

One of the first things you're taught as a kid is how to trap the ball at your feet or control a pass, at least 3 times I watched him try this only for the ball to run under his foot.

Rarely goes looking for the ball, and when he has it he never drives forward with the ball always looking to get rid of it, either sideways or back.

Ok so most in here are raving about McCrorie last night ..

Someone can maybe answer this question for me ..

If McCrorie (our holding defensive midfielder) had such an outstanding game, how come McLean (their attacking midfielder) had some much time and space to run the show and eventually get the sponsors man of the match?

:duh:

5 minutes ago, port_bear said:

If McCrorie (our holding defensive midfielder) had such an outstanding game, how come McLean (their attacking midfielder) had some much time and space to run the show and eventually get the sponsors man of the match?

Were the sponsors no from Aberdeen :whistle:

5 minutes ago, port_bear said:

Man of the matches mean fuck all lol. Probably would have got it anyway if he didn’t score cause it was his last game for them. 

He definitely didn’t run the show at all. McCrorie dragged us out a hole again and played very well. 

1 minute ago, Prso's headband said:

Man of the matches mean fuck all lol. Probably would have got it anyway if he didn’t score cause it was his last game for them. 

He definitely didn’t run the show at all. McCrorie dragged us out a hole again and played very well. 

McLean was by far the best player on the park last night, was involved in everything they did.

Why?  because he was allowed to !

4 minutes ago, port_bear said:

McLean was by far the best player on the park last night, was involved in everything they did.

Didn’t think he was. He was good for half an hour in the first half. The first 15 and whole second half was all us. We just don’t have enough mentally strong players like McCrorie to pull us through

9 minutes ago, port_bear said:

In all the games since he was linked with us (yes i know he is going to Norwich) but was mooted before , that is the only decent game he has had.

Torn faced moaning cunt as well.

1 hour ago, Smell the hotdog said:

I must of been watching a different game last night.

He failed to control the simplest of balls numerous occasions, first touch terrible and gave away a needless corner which resulted in the penalty. 

2nd half he was better, when he drove forward with the ball but think some are getting carried away. 

Nope you watched the same game as us and everyone has said he has flaws, first touch, concentration. Everyone has said he needs lots of hard work and better coaching  

How you can blame him for not knowing that when he conceded a corner that the Ref was going to be a prick and give a pen that never was is rather stupid. 

39 minutes ago, port_bear said:

I must have been watching a different game last night to everyone else, I thought he was sub standard at best.

I lost count the number of times he got caught on the ball or gave possession away and don't get me started on his first touch.

One of the first things you're taught as a kid is how to trap the ball at your feet or control a pass, at least 3 times I watched him try this only for the ball to run under his foot.

Rarely goes looking for the ball, and when he has it he never drives forward with the ball always looking to get rid of it, either sideways or back.

He is every bit a centre half playing out of position in midfield, partly because he isn't good enough for centre half.

I like Ross but people are getting far too carried away with his performances when shifted forward, he has a lot of learning to do if he wants to kick on and make that position his own.

Can't fault the boys effort and commitment though, he is streets ahead of most in that regard.

32 minutes ago, port_bear said:

Aye that is a kind of a decent point. Although we were up against it in the first half so a bit unfair to pin that on McCrorie. 

10 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Nope you watched the same game as us and everyone has said he has flaws, first touch, concentration. Everyone has said he needs lots of hard work and better coaching  

How you can blame him for not knowing that when he conceded a corner that the Ref was going to be a prick and give a pen that never was is rather stupid. 

Not blaming him for the pen but it was a really poor piece of play to give away the corner. 

11 minutes ago, Smell the hotdog said:

Not blaming him for the pen but it was a really poor piece of play to give away the corner. 

First touch again mate. 

Althought a fair few seemed to be having trouble as well. 

Thing is he is a young lad with loads of potential, plus the drive and fight needed he already has in buckets, the technical stuff can be worked on. 

Im going to bet that this time next season McCrorie will be a far far better player after a season under Gerrard. 

He was probably the best of a bad bunch. He stood out mainly for his work rate and endeavour rather than real quality though. 

All things considered he has potential but would be nowhere near a starting space in a decent Rangers team. 

14 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

First touch again mate. 

Althought a fair few seemed to be having trouble as well. 

Thing is he is a young lad with loads of potential, plus the drive and fight needed he already has in buckets, the technical stuff can be worked on. 

Im going to bet that this time next season McCrorie will be a far far better player after a season under Gerrard. 

Agreed mate not digging the boy out was just surprised reading some of the comments. He’d be first name in midfield for me, unfortunate he will miss game at Easter Road.

Likes of Candieas touch was shocking aswell last night. Park seemed to be in decent nick albeit the grass seemed a bit long.

He has been out injured for a good while and played at central defence as soon as he came back.  Played in the middle last couple games and he looked far better there although still a bit rusty.  Some people are being overly critical of him... yet again.  Do you really expect him to be perfect after a long injury and for someone who is only 19? 

Give him a run there throughout pre-season and next season and he will grow and learn to be a very good player there. 

13 hours ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

cant see any quotes where Wilkins said that or did he tell you in private, or is it just made up shite?

Sky sports debating David Silva and how he has time on the ball .No need to get upset about it

As a defensive midfielder if you are running about making last ditch tackles and sliding around on your arse ,as well as treating the ball like hot tottieyou aint doing it right I'm afraid.That position is all about reading the game,positioning,composure on the ball and controlling the tempo of play.Get yourself a Bousquets video Ross and learn.

3 hours ago, port_bear said:

He was doing the job of 3 players last night

5 minutes ago, ronniemca said:

As a defensive midfielder if you are running about making last ditch tackles and sliding around on your arse ,as well as treating the ball like hot tottieyou aint doing it right I'm afraid.That position is all about reading the game,positioning,composure on the ball and controlling the tempo of play.Get yourself a Bousquets video Ross and learn.

:lol: 

He is young and improving, still to put on a bit of muscle  and work on his skills. I think he needs to try a few positions to see what fits with him once he has matured a bit. I think he has the potential that Gerrard can work with and improve him.