***Official World Cup 2018 Thread***

13 minutes ago, FSM said:

Fuck off coop, they didn't beat a single decent team in the entire tournament :lol:

Only saying that I feel they have looked no worse than any team there based on what I have seen and results. Also said the overall standard is low.

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, the goal machine said:

Thought Kane was poor aside from Tunisia and Panama. Didn't turn up in the knockout stages.

Probably true.

But the guy is going to finish top goal scorer. Like I said fine margins make big players into top players, but before tonight he's had a solid tournament. 

I actually think he might have been injured in the Columbia game. 

1 minute ago, ben51 said:

Probably true.

But the guy is going to finish top goal scorer. Like I said fine margins make big players into top players, but before tonight he's had a solid tournament. 

I actually think he might have been injured in the Columbia game. 

The Oleg Salenko effect.

England could have done with a few more experienced players brought along. Maybe it's easy to say that now but maybe a few more experienced heads on the bench, bring them on in extra time. It's not everyday a World cup semi final comes around and they probably will never get another chance in a World cup in that situation. Even Brazil are struggling to make World cup finals now. Got to take the chance when it arrives.

Thoughts on France v Croatia?

1 minute ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Serious question, you are picking a world eleven from this WC would Kane be in your team, certainly would not be in mines, but hey its all about opinions.

No he wouldnt  but he has scored for fun the past 3 seasons in the EPL...he is hardly overrated but was very very poor today

1 minute ago, keithgersbear said:

England could have done with a few more experienced players brought along. Maybe it's easy to say that now but maybe a few more experienced heads on the bench, bring them on in extra time. It's not everyday a World cup semi final comes around and they probably will never get another chance in a World cup in that situation. Even Brazil are struggling to make World cup finals now. Got to take the chance when it arrives.

Thoughts on France v Croatia?

France will win. 

Would have preferred England. But I'm happy with France vs Croatia.

I feel like Croatia deserve it now considering how they've showed their class in the early games and their balls in the later games. 

Archived