Retained List

44 minutes ago, OneDavidCooper said:

Anyone know when it is likely to be announced?

Will be interesting to see who the new gaffer seeks to retain/release. 

I guess it will be depending on how much transfer kitty he has, but I'll have a stab at what could happen. Sold will be either Foderingham or Alnwick (obviously) and there's a big chance Dodoo, Forrester,Herrera, Halliday, Hodson, Holt, O'Tattymuncher, and possibly Pena and Wallace will get moved on. Miller will go on a free.

I just hope to fuck that we go nowhere near Martin as a signing because he's the worst central defender I've seen at Ibrox for the last 60 years.

3 minutes ago, OneDavidCooper said:

Ok smart arse. Guess you didn't know then that a retained list HAS to be submitted by a certain date, regardless of a manager in waiting. 

Thanks anyway. ?

Is that not to ensure the likes of the sfa know the clubs will have a squad for the new season starting and arent going to juat get rid of the whole team and start again ? 

2 minutes ago, OneDavidCooper said:

Ok smart arse. Guess you didn't know then that a retained list HAS to be submitted by a certain date, regardless of a manager in waiting. 

Thanks anyway. ?

Well the list will obviously be out before that date then.

3 minutes ago, Pedrosrightfoot said:

Is that not to ensure the likes of the sfa know the clubs will have a squad for the new season starting and arent going to juat get rid of the whole team and start again ? 

I can only speak about English FA rules but in the EFL you have to give a player notice by a certain date that his contract isn't or is being renewed and said list must be with the FA by 31 May. Not sure what rules apply in Scotland hence my question.

4 minutes ago, OneDavidCooper said:

I can only speak about English FA rules in the EFL you have to give a player notice by a certain date that his contract isn't or is being renewed and said list must be with the FA by 31 May. Not sure what rules apply in Scotland hence my question.

That's for contracts that are up at the end of the season. Nothing to do with members of the squad with 3 years or whatever on a contract. Its basicly a notice period that you get in any job 

9 minutes ago, OneDavidCooper said:

Thanks anyway. ?

Is there such a requirement in Scotland? There isn't a requirement to register a fixed squad as there is in the EFL and PL.

Just now, Pedrosrightfoot said:

That's for contracts that are up at the end of the season. Nothing to do with members of the squad with 3 years or whatever on a contract. Its basicly a notice period that you get in any job 

1 minute ago, Pedrosrightfoot said:

Yes I know that. Which is why I referred to the retained list. Contracted  players who aren't wanted go on the transfer list which is different and obviously SG will only make those decisions about those players when in office. 

Wish I'd never raised this now, lol.

5 minutes ago, OneDavidCooper said:

Yes I know that. Which is why I referred to the retained list. Contracted  players who aren't wanted go on the transfer list which is different and obviously SG will only make those decisions about those players when in office. 

Wish I'd never raised this now, lol.

No first team or first team squad players would be on that retained list so struggle to see where it comes in ? That the only point I'm making 

Just now, OneDavidCooper said:

Cheers. Thanks for that. That may be correct. 

End of thread. ?

Tbf, I have noticed a few Scottish clubs publish their own lists but I think that's simply been a case of them updating fans. At a guess, we might do it if there was a rake of players heading out with their contracts being up but think it's only Miller and Hardie this summer. We might release a list of names of Academy players that are released

5 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Tbf, I have noticed a few Scottish clubs publish their own lists but I think that's simply been a case of them updating fans. At a guess, we might do it if there was a rake of players heading out with their contracts being up but think it's only Miller and Hardie this summer. We might release a list of names of Academy players that are released

Jordan Thompson is leaving and that normally comes out July is it not ? 

Just now, Pedrosrightfoot said:

Jordan Thompson is leaving and that normally comes out July is it not ? 

Bit earlier now. Transfer window officially opens on June 6th iirc so stuff like Goss and Martin's loan will officially end on or around that date. Players deal often come to an end either at midnight of te day of the final game or May 31st (clubs don't want to be paying players wages for time they don't have to) and the lower down the money table you go the further from the traditional 1st July deal expiry. Think even Davie Moyes' deal at West Ham was until midnight on the day  of the final game so they're not paying him to sit about until July getting paid on a deal they all know isn't getting renewed.

6 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Bit earlier now. Transfer window officially opens on June 6th iirc so stuff like Goss and Martin's loan will officially end on or around that date. Players deal often come to an end either at midnight of te day of the final game or May 31st (clubs don't want to be paying players wages for time they don't have to) and the lower down the money table you go the further from the traditional 1st July deal expiry. Think even Davie Moyes' deal at West Ham was until midnight on the day  of the final game so they're not paying him to sit about until July getting paid on a deal they all know isn't getting renewed.

When you put it like that it does make sence. Goss and Martin could of buggered off 4 months ago to be fair 

1 minute ago, Pedrosrightfoot said:

When you put it like that it does make sence. Goss and Martin could of buggered off 4 months ago to be fair 

Aye, it's the same with Pena, he can't return (and play) unless our transfer window has opened for his registration to be transferred back so that sort of stuff is worked into deals. With guys like Cummings who they have an option on they'll either run the loan deal longer to give us time to make a decision and agree terms with the player without doing several transfers of registration or have an agreed deadline for a deal in place or at least have begun talks.