Kevin Thomson to Livingston?

2 hours ago, bluewhitevanman said:

Agree re greig mate what a torn faced old prick 

I have had dealings with Greig when I worked for STV many years ago, I can confirm that he is an arrogant prick. Just got the impression that everything we asked for was too much bother, and he just didn't want to be there at all. Still, he is happy to take the coin of course.

3 hours ago, gsa said:

Thomson was a decent player for us, good aggression and very competitive. Couldn't shoot and his passing was average. He's been wildly overrated (mostly by himself). It's sad when your career highlight is two hard tackles on Robbie Keane. Not even Roy Keane. Robbie. The one who couldn't get a game for Liverpool. 

When he went back to Hibs he couldn't make it more clear we were just a career step for him and he was a Hibs fan growing up, fair enough he was probably just being honest. 

Yet, now he's back with us and looking to make a pound or two on Rangers tv he's back to being big billy bluenose? 

That's not forgetting his "dream" or his best pal "Broony" working alongside him. 

Thomson plays the game very well and fair play, it is all a game. But let's not pretend he's anything close to being one of us or even that he could care less about Rangers. He couldn't.

The fans have made that his career highlight I dare say the lad himself would say scoring an old firm winner , playing in uefa cup final , winning the spl would be well above two tackles 

3 hours ago, gsa said:

Thomson was a decent player for us, good aggression and very competitive. Couldn't shoot and his passing was average. He's been wildly overrated (mostly by himself). It's sad when your career highlight is two hard tackles on Robbie Keane. Not even Roy Keane. Robbie. The one who couldn't get a game for Liverpool. 

When he went back to Hibs he couldn't make it more clear we were just a career step for him and he was a Hibs fan growing up, fair enough he was probably just being honest. 

Yet, now he's back with us and looking to make a pound or two on Rangers tv he's back to being big billy bluenose? 

That's not forgetting his "dream" or his best pal "Broony" working alongside him. 

Thomson plays the game very well and fair play, it is all a game. But let's not pretend he's anything close to being one of us or even that he could care less about Rangers. He couldn't.

:lol: 

6 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

The reason Scott Brown is behaving the way he is just now is because we’ve not got the team or players to do anything about it , the bears never mention this prick during Walters second spell when lads like Ferguson Mendes and especially his good mate Thomson trampled right over the top of him  , the tims wanted rid, barring a lucky strike and Diouf happened to be standing next to him and we went onto win the league anyway this cunt was insignificant , even the semi final under warbuton he cost the first goal, skinned for the second and missed a penalty , Brenda has obviously turned him round a bit compared to that day but if we get better braver players on the pitch and start winning brown won’t be long in slipping into insignificance again 

Agree with that. Brown was a failure at one point at £4.5 million or whatever he cost. 

Thought I remembered a 2 or 3 year spell where he wasn't even a certain starter for them and just checked Wikipedia where from 2009-2013 his league starts were well below 30 in 3 out of the 4 seasons.

The whole spat with Diouf came about because Brown was shunted out to right midfield when he did play and so was Diouf's direct opponent.

He's probably benefited from our demise more than any other player.

35 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

The fans have made that his career highlight I dare say the lad himself would say scoring an old firm winner , playing in uefa cup final , winning the spl would be well above two tackles 

Yeah that's fair comment.

12 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Agree with that. Brown was a failure at one point at £4.5 million or whatever he cost. 

Thought I remembered a 2 or 3 year spell where he wasn't even a certain starter for them and just checked Wikipedia where from 2009-2013 his league starts were well below 30 in 3 out of the 4 seasons.

The whole spat with Diouf came about because Brown was shunted out to right midfield when he did play and so was Diouf's direct opponent.

He's probably benefited from our demise more than any other player.

Definitely mate , a slightly above average player playing in a shocking league now 

9 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Yes.

He's never hid the fact that he's a Hibs fan that I know. He's a coach at Rangers and still engages with fans on Twitter and gives his opinion through that and takes an interest in us, why not have him as a commentator?

I never said he shouldn't be a commentator. 

He plays the game well, hence he's now employed by Rangers on two fronts. 

He very much played down his Rangers connection when it suited and now, he's very much playing it up, because it suits him. 

I don't actually really know what point I'm making other than he's not one of us and If he wants to sit next to Tom next season he should have to publicly renounce his friendship with Brown, burn a celtic shirt and punch one of the Proclaimers in the face.  

I do think Thomson respects our fans and is fond of his time at the club. He's definitely a 'Rangers man' on old firm day.

But, if it's Hibs V Rangers I would struggle to accept he's not hoping for a Hibs win. At 3-0 up in that final game, do folk think he's wanting us to get back in the game or wanting Hibs to go on and get the 6? 

Fact he has his kid(s) taken to Hibs says it all.

6 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

Definitely mate , a slightly above average player playing in a shocking league now 

Yet the revisionists have made it out like he's been the best player up here for the past 10 years.

Hope to fuck we sign someone who he can't cope with for next season. 

11 minutes ago, gsa said:

I never said he shouldn't be a commentator. 

He plays the game well, hence he's now employed by Rangers on two fronts. 

He very much played down his Rangers connection when it suited and now, he's very much playing it up, because it suits him. 

I don't actually really know what point I'm making other than he's not one of us and If he wants to sit next to Tom next season he should have to publicly renounce his friendship with Brown, burn a celtic shirt and punch one of the Proclaimers in the face.  

Would be ideal

Just now, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Yet the revisionists have made it out like he's been the best player up here for the past 10 years.

Hope to fuck we sign someone who he can't cope with for next season. 

Our manager should have registered as a player just incase wee can’t lol , he’d absolutely boss brown even though he’s just turned 38 

10 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

I do think Thomson respects our fans and is fond of his time at the club. He's definitely a 'Rangers man' on old firm day.

But, if it's Hibs V Rangers I would struggle to accept he's not hoping for a Hibs win. At 3-0 up in that final game, do folk think he's wanting us to get back in the game or wanting Hibs to go on and get the 6? 

From “but” on jobby of the highest degree 

6 hours ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Totally agree - that’s a great post 

people won’t like it because it’s true 

2 hours ago, K.A.I said:

Totally agree - that’s a great post 

people won’t like it because it’s true 

It’s a totally irreverent post , what he’ll be thinking when we’re playing hibs ? Deary me , gave his all as a player won the league at Easter road and celebrated with us in our small section like every other player , he’ll now be giving his all for us as a coach , we’ve got 4/5 supposed  Rangers men in the team just now that won’t even put a tackle in against celtic , MOH apart players and coaches generally give their all for the club their employed with regardless of who they support , the one you don’t like him being mates with dosent half like ramming it up the club he supports