Level Playing Field

Quiet Jim

Last season biggest rage for me was that 1st game vs hivs. Stokes assaulting tav and clear footage of it but nothing done. 

Ideally with Stevie g in charge there will be more scrutiny on referee decisions from the English media. I don't see the club sitting back now either with recent actions. 

The reason  these kind of things happen is because the board capitulated and was too busy concentrating on building bridges.

they've changed their tune over recent months and look like they're a actually willing to stand up for us. They need to nip it in the bud from the start, any dodgy decisions should be challenged and highlighted, highlight how bad these refs are at their jobs and make it clear that we will not be the SFAs whipping boys

I also don't see Gerrard accepting that shite either, but he will challenge it in a more dignified manner than any of the victim taig managers have and I look forward to watching it

This is hopefully the season we change things in the pitch and hopefully it's also the season where we begin to stand up for ourselves off the pitch

1 minute ago, With Heart and Hand said:

The reason  these kind of things happen is because the board capitulated and was too busy concentrating on building bridges.

they've changed their time over recent months and look like they're a actually willing to stand up for us. They need to nip it in the bud from the start, any dodgy decisions should be challenged and highlighted, highlight how bad these refs are at their jobs and make it clear that we will not be the SFAs whipping boys

I also don't see Gerrard accepting that white either, but he will challenge it imma more dignified manner than any of the victim taig managers have and I look forward to watching it

This is hopefully the season we change things in the pitch and hopefully it's also the season where we begin to stand up for ourselves off the pitch

Auto correct has done you mate ?

There will never be a level playing field in Scottish football.

SFA, SPFL, and refs are all corrupt.

I think that having SG as manager, there will an English viewpoint on how he is proceeding, which hopefully highlights this corruption.

5 hours ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Must've missed the Scott Allen challenge on Rossiter being retribution for a tackle by him minutes earlier. The challenge itself was a red, the fact it was vengeful and revengful compounded it. But give credit to the ref who was in a great position, which he was, to deem it a yellow. Funny how they watch out for it but missed that aspect on that occasion despite seeing the incident and circumstances in full.

I never said that there were incidents that went against us should have been punished and didn't get the correct card and that was a defo red. how he seen that as a yellow is beyond belief. like you I have seen many tackles that should be red get yellow in fact I have done it myself and lived to regret it. we all cock up at work sometimes just that the ref is in full view of the tv/and general public. having said that the ref standards are poor in Scotland. I cant say for sure but I would think most have been fast tracked. seen it here where the refs get good marks and get promoted but are not really up to the higher level as they miss out on a lot of learning in the lower levels.when I started you had to do a min 2yrs at each level now they can get promoted to conference level in 5yrs way to fast.my mate has only just made middle of the championship after 16yrs he has learned the trade and is getting the rewards most refs in Scotland would struggle at confrence

12 minutes ago, devref said:

I never said that there were incidents that went against us should have been punished and didn't get the correct card and that was a defo red. how he seen that as a yellow is beyond belief. like you I have seen many tackles that should be red get yellow in fact I have done it myself and lived to regret it. we all cock up at work sometimes just that the ref is in full view of the tv/and general public. having said that the ref standards are poor in Scotland. I cant say for sure but I would think most have been fast tracked. seen it here where the refs get good marks and get promoted but are not really up to the higher level as they miss out on a lot of learning in the lower levels.when I started you had to do a min 2yrs at each level now they can get promoted to conference level in 5yrs way to fast.my mate has only just made middle of the championship after 16yrs he has learned the trade and is getting the rewards most refs in Scotland would struggle at confrence

For five years, our players have been assualted, the question is, do you think this will continue under scrutiny?

8 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Two seasons ago we were at home to Hamilton and they were away to Hearts. Means nothing and this is a conspiracy

Agreed. Who is to say that they will not be on a downer before the domestic season kicks off. Failing to qualify for the CL is a distinct possibility, being knocked out of Europe altogether also possible.

God knows, we know after last year how hard a boot in the baws a horrendous start is to recover from. Also I would not bet any serious money on them winning their first three games before playing us.

5 hours ago, Quiet Jim said:

For five years, our players have been assualted, the question is, do you think this will continue under scrutiny?

until the scrutiny is published in open media outlets yes. spl/sfa should be ashamed of what they have allowed  refs to get away with. I am not only a ref who has refereed at contributory lge level that is just under the conference level I am also a refereed assessor or as we are now called an observer so I know the expected performance levels of refs and most refs I have seen in the spl would be struggling to gain the min mark when they referee us. some things I see are a disgrace and cant understand why the ref has made the call. some I see I can understand to complicated to go into but basically its all technical stuff the average supporter never thinks about. easiest way to put it is down to his actual line of vision ie did a player cross his line when the incident happened. what view did the lino have again was it obscured was he watching the area or was he watching for off the ball incidents like offside minefield for linos hated doing the job to many things to be looking at your on a no win. 

23 hours ago, Quiet Jim said:

This season:

Will a Stokes assault on Tav be ignored?

Will Jack be sent off twice with no cause?

Will Jack be banned for a fifty fifty, when the other player shat it?

Will elbows, kicks and malicious challenges go unpunished?

Not sure, but at least I know that this year it will be scrutinised.

#Doncaster

The Stokes attack on Tavernier is still a shocker:

The Referee is right there yet doesn't send him off.  If that' not violent conduct then what the fuck is?  

BTW, both players received a yellow card after this.  Why Tavernier was booked is beyond me.

21 minutes ago, TMB said:

The Referee is right there yet doesn't send him off.  If that' not violent conduct then what the fuck is?  

BTW, both players received a yellow card after this.  Why Tavernier was booked is beyond me.

Remember being there and going absolutely ballistic at the fact he booked Tav for taking a clothesline and the fact he can square up to any of our players and still not see a 2nd yellow, we should have came out after that game asking questions instead we had Pedro mumbling on a load of pish.

The refereeing standards up here are a joke across the board but not just us.

30 minutes ago, TMB said:

I've highlighted that one loads of times.  I've had a season book for 1/3rd of a century and to this day, that is the single most disgusting decision I have ever seen; booked for having the audacity to get chokeslammed off a tarrier midden.