Most players signed in a window

K.A.I

3 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

He's an ok signing, but ideally he'd be a squad option for left-hand side .. only two names from that list that jumps out as making an impact is Candaies and Morelos tbh ... Dorrans and Alves will get another chance to prove their worth I reckon but you can't really say they've been good signings in all honesty - less said about the rest the better.

Basically agree with that...I'm still a bit unsure if we can challenge with candieas as a starter...squad option yip I'm fine with that as he will offer width for us in certain games...Morelos I do like but he needs to work on his composure....if he nails that he becomes a 30 goal striker no doubt.

45 minutes ago, hammer time said:

Strange signing that keeper he stayed about a month then returned home if I remember correctly

Arrived beginning of January and left in March. Gostomski had the talent to be the best Polish 'keeper in years, but he had a lot of problems in the head that didn't do him any favours in his younger day. He then had personal concerns with the family fishing business in his hometown of Kartuzy that occurred around the same time he signed for us, so he decided to go home.   I watched him play several times when I was in Poland and he was brilliant, especially when he virtually destroyed "My Polish team" Legia Warsaw on his own during the Polish Cup Final. A total waste of talent.

4 hours ago, cr3_bear said:

Did we not sign a decent amount in 2004 summer before the helicopter Sunday season. Prso , novo , Alex Rae , Boumsong etc ? Sure there was more but they were the standouts.

We signed Mladenovic, Vignal and Andrews that summer too but we signed a few in January though - Kygrikos, Buffell, Watterus, Ferguson, Djordic.

Trying to think without Google who the 12 was we signed in 2000 - Miller, Lovenkrands, Ritchie, Ricksen, Konterman, Johnston were only signed in summer before the season started - De Boer, Flo, Fernandes, Gayle and Christiansen all came in after the season started.

22 hours ago, hammer93 said:

I was going to add that in....only 3 I would say had any real impact for us and I'm probably being kind to John at that....what I would say about John is the old firm games....he only played in 2 and they were as close as we got to them, the other 3 saw us getting exposed to often down their right side.

forrest never got a look in, in those games - DJ was in total control.  contrast that to the other games (especially the last one) and it shows he can do a decent job.

Although I think it's an interesting question, I'd much rather see quality over quantity. 

If you add up the amount of complete failures and successes the ratio wouldn't be very easy on the eye.

It's such a shame that so much money has been wasted on passengers and nobodies when we could have used that money to get a few superb players in instead.

Although you can never be 100% right regarding a player, there have been plenty questionable signings that many supporters have wondered about and have turned out shite - so why don't managers see it?

On 25/06/2018 at 12:51, K.A.I said:

I'm just curious if anyone knows? was thinking about it there if the Roma forward signs on loan, I think that makes it 8 with more to come.

I know Advocaat signed Numan, Van Bronckhorst, Charbonnier, Kanchelskis, Amato, Wallace, Hendry, Prodan in his first window.

Smith's last season first time round, I think he signed Niemi, Vidmar, Thern, Stensaas, Gattusso, Negri, Amoruso, Porinni, Johansson that's 9 - but has there ever been more in one go?

McCoist in the summer of 2012 - Cribari, Faure, Arygiou, Templeton, Black, Sandaza, Kyle, Shiels and Stella. 9 also. 

2012 was the best. 

1 minute ago, Orange and Blue said:

Alves, cardoso, jack,dorrans, morelos, hererra, dalcio(loan), candeias, pena and nemane(loan) i think PC's signings.

I think it was Compton that mentioned 2007 - I think we signed a lot that summer window - Sebo, Papac, Sionko, Clement, Letizi, Martin, Bardsley, N'Dayie, Svensson. 

Depends if you want to include Furman, Stanger, Ponroy and Loy who weren't really first team players. I wouldn't include them tbh.

On 26/06/2018 at 12:31, moody blue 1972 said:

forrest never got a look in, in those games - DJ was in total control.  contrast that to the other games (especially the last one) and it shows he can do a decent job.

DeclanJohn never been in control in his life a very average player.