******The Official Rangers vs Ayr United thread******

GOAT

1 minute ago, shaka said:

He deserves at least one chance to show how he ended up at Roma.  Also Morelos really needs a rest.  He looked knackered at the end of the game yesterday.  With Lafferty not available, who are the other alternatives?  It could've been Rudden but he's out on loan as well.

I think Morelos will play maybe bring Sadiq on if we’re couple goals up but too risky to start him imo, even his YouTube videos looked as bad as Herrera’s but I do realise we’re short of options with Lafferty out

• Replies 957
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don’t think we’ll see as many changes or experimental pairings as some people have suggested. We’re still fairly early in the season and I think Gerrard believes our core players have another gear or two to click into. I think he’ll take any chance he can get to keep gelling them until November or December.

12 minutes ago, shaka said:

He deserves at least one chance to show how he ended up at Roma.  Also Morelos really needs a rest.  He looked knackered at the end of the game yesterday.  With Lafferty not available, who are the other alternatives?  It could've been Rudden but he's out on loan as well.

Atakayi? If it is then Sadiq isn't ever getting a game.

3 hours ago, plumbGER said:

How you know this is remarkable, the Gibby has fair changed over the years.

I only fleetingly visit the area that I was born in seeing as the whole family has moved away from the area or passed on now.

The changes to the entire area are remarkable.

12 minutes ago, NamibianBear said:

I only fleetingly visit the area that I was born in seeing as the whole family has moved away from the area or passed on now.

The changes to the entire area are remarkable.

Aye my mums side of the family came from the Gibby, hard to think at one point there was approx 8 thousand people lived in that scheme alone, back when the shipyards were in their prime. It's mostly nice middle class houses now with some fantastic views of the Clyde.

The boy Shankland is a good player supposedly and also a Bear, it would be a dream come true for him to score at Ibrox.

All for mixing up the team a bit and rotating what we have. Would like to see Sadiq get about 35 mins of  the match so hope we are coasting by halftime so he can come on soon after. 

Should be able to rest a few players and get more minutes into some fringe or returning players both against Ayr and Livi 

I think SG will make a few changes to rest players obviously and get a chance to run the rule over others who are coming back to match fitness. I wouldn't let Sadiq anywhere near the pitch until we're at least two or three up as I am not in the least convinced that he has the necessary talent, so far can't see what Roma see in him.

Middleton and Grezda could have a chance to shine in this game.

1 hour ago, Klos' Glove said:

Atakayi? If it is then Sadiq isn't ever getting a game.

Atakayi is more of a winger.  I think Dallas and Mebude are the one who have been playing more as centre forwards.  Don't know if they are ready to start yet...

I would only suggest Sadiq as I want to avoid burn out with Morelos like last season.  We're going to be playing a lot of games this season with Europe, league and cups, so would be good to find out if Sadiq can cut it or needs replaced in January.

47 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

Aye my mums side of the family came from the Gibby, hard to think at one point there was approx 8 thousand people lived in that scheme alone, back when the shipyards were in their prime. It's mostly nice middle class houses now with some fantastic views of the Clyde.

The boy Shankland is a good player supposedly and also a Bear, it would be a dream come true for him to score at Ibrox.

Tenament I was born in was torn down years ago.  Think they even ripped up the street.  Probably a good thing to be honest.

Fod 

Flan          Worrall  Macauley      Halliday 

Mccrorie   

Dorrans    Ejarja

Grezda                                       Middleton

Morelos 

17 hours ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Has to be Sadiq for me with Morelos on the bench. If the big man can't get a game this week, then we would be as well cutting his loan deal short, think we will in Jan anyway.

If McAuley is fit would start him. Goldson has to be rested.

We must win this game as there is a trophy at stake.  Ayr are a good side and are top of the championship we must show them respect and field a strong line up   Those who advocate wholesale changes no nothing about football.  We have a decent squad  but don’t get ahead of ourselves as football can come back and bite you  pick a strong line up with only a few changes. Bring in Fodringham and Worral at the back Ejaria in midfield maybe start Middleton wide and Lafferty  up front  but that’s enough that’s 5 changes but remaining  strong  as no matter what we must win and keep the momentum going 

17 hours ago, Maccabee said:

Seems like a decent thread for a first post. I'm up on business on Wednesday and am able to attend my first Rangers game having had them as my "Scottish team" for 30 years. Buzzing for it but could do with some help. Staying about 10 mins walk from Buchanan tube and need to pick up a ticket. What time should I set out?

I don’t pick up tickets so I’m not sure but can any posters give this man some advice ?

1 hour ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Def in favour of squad rotation. Should be an opportunity for wes, Flanagan, Halliday, Dorrans, dare I say it Rossiter even if fit to get game time 

Starting today for Reserves (Rossiter)

17 hours ago, Maccabee said:

Seems like a decent thread for a first post. I'm up on business on Wednesday and am able to attend my first Rangers game having had them as my "Scottish team" for 30 years. Buzzing for it but could do with some help. Staying about 10 mins walk from Buchanan tube and need to pick up a ticket. What time should I set out?

It’s hard to say but I think you’ll face big queues at both the tube and ticket office. If you cannot go and uplift tickets earlier in day do try and buy a tube ticket to use later   

Personally I’d go early, I assume you won’t mind being in early if it’s your first game - you can even get a pint if you are very early. 

Mibbie go about 6 - others might say that’s too early, I don’t pick up  tickets so not sure tbh. 

Enjoy ??

5 hours ago, 6superbarry6 said:

Surely nobody wants to play Sadiq he’s looked woeful better cutting our losses there and sending him back to Roma 

I don't want him to start, but I do want to see him at least get 30 minutes off the bench, aye. He wasn't at the same level of fitness as the rest of the squad when he joined us, which didn't help him. In the brief appearances for the senior team I don't think he's had enough time for me to decide he's totally shite, especially when he looked decent at times for NAC Breda last year. And Ayr United is really the best opportunity he's going to get to show he can offer something. 

Under no illusions that he's secretly as good as Kanu, and he probably is a Šebo, but I'd rather see him get another chance before writing him off entirely. 

3 hours ago, markem said:

It’s hard to say but I think you’ll face big queues at both the tube and ticket office. If you cannot go and uplift tickets earlier in day do try and buy a tube ticket to use later   

Personally I’d go early, I assume you won’t mind being in early if it’s your first game - you can even get a pint if you are very early. 

Mibbie go about 6 - others might say that’s too early, I don’t pick up  tickets so not sure tbh. 

Enjoy ??

Cheers i might even walk it from Bath Street leave town about 5.30 save messing about on subway. Looking forward to it ?

Archived