Grezda

BlueMe

Rangers new boy Eros Grezda has revealed he's targeting the Treble in his first season at Ibrox.

And he's underlined how much he's loving life under Steven Gerrard .

The Albanian international is still trying to battle his way back to fitness after a summer ankle operation, following his £2 million move to Rangers from their Europa League opponents Osijek. He's yet to start a game, but has already been labelled a future £20 million player by Albanian football TV pundit Ermal Kuka.

Grezda could have a role to play against Hearts in the big Ibrox showdown on Sunday.

And he insists Rangers must aim high and go for what would be an astonishing Treble in Gerrard's first season in charge.

He said: "My targets at Rangers are simple. I need to get fully fit and make sure I am in the first 11 players picked by the manager.

"And I want to make sure Rangers win all three trophies in Scotland - the league, League Cup and Scottish Cup.

"We also want to go as far as we can in the Europa League. I believe we can achieve all our aims.

"Steven Gerrard is very professional. He is very focused and has created a very good team spirit - you really notice it in training.

"The training is really good and the best I have been involved with. I have nothing but praise for him as a manager.

"I have spoken a lot with him and he knows it will take me some time to adjust to football in Scotland and with Rangers.

"It's important he knows my qualities and what I can bring to the team.

"Rangers fans won't see what I can do until I am completely fit and I haven't been so far.

"The manager talks to me and all the other players individually. What does he say? That's private and between him and his players.

"But I really don't see it being a problem for me to adapt to it.

"I've been very well received at Rangers. Everyone speaks to me and they are keen to help me communicate. Having a good atmosphere in the squad is key to Rangers succeeding."

And Grezda, in an interview with an Albanian sports newspaper, has warned Scotland not to write off Albania in the Nations League, despite their 2-0 defeat at Hampden last month.

He said: "I've told everyone in Scotland to wait until they come to Albania in November...then they will see how good we can be.

"I am confident we are still in contention. We beat Israel and that was a very good win. As I say, we still have to play Scotland at home, so judge us after that game."

Hopefully we get a look at him against hearts, i think he'll be great for us once he's fit and has match sharpness.

12 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Looking forward to seeing him fit and what he can do. 

Same here, we have looked pretty decent in the wide areas with Kent, Middleton and Candeias that I sometimes forget we have signed this lad. Therefore I think he can possibly be a surprise package and really become a big player for us, well you would think so given what people have said about his ability. 

It's good that way, that I forget him sometimes, as usually when we sign someone who is then injured I spend most the time wanting him back and building up expectation only to be let down half the time.

4 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

Someone should tell our players to stop saying things like “make sure we win all three” until we’ve won at least one. Presumptive shit like this is just feeding the bheasts and their pals in the Rangers-hating media.

I agree with all of this. :tu:Do our talking on the field of play. That's the only place it counts!

55 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

Who was the daft cunt on here saying there was a massive question mark over his long term fitness and our medical team are questionable?:lol:

To be fair we still need to wait and see to make sure that isn't the case

I'm naturally pessimistic with these things given our history with players signing and spending most of the time injured

1 minute ago, simplythebest said:

To be fair we still need to wait and see to make sure that isn't the case

I'm naturally pessimistic with these things given our history with players signing and spending most of the time injured

Aye true but this cunt had a whiff of tarrier about him, can't remember who it was.

We have had too many let downs over the years but hopefully they are now a thing of the past.

25 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

Someone should tell our players to stop saying things like “make sure we win all three” until we’ve won at least one. Presumptive shit like this is just feeding the bheasts and their pals in the Rangers-hating media.

All he’s said is that we aiming for all three, don’t see an issue with that as that should always be our aim.

19 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

Tbf to Grezda, if he had said "I hope to maybe win 1 cup and 2nd in the league would be fine as long as we try our best" people on here would be going mental saying he should be confident and want to win it all now he's at Rangers and his losing mentality isn't good enough. 

I don't have a problem with him saying he wants to win all the competitions he's playing in. I would have a problem if he came out and said we "will" win every competition we play in.

There have been a couple of training videos on Rangers TV where he's shown some really nice touches. Looks like he has very quick feet and a decent football brain (made some decent runs in his limited game time too). Doesn't guarantee he'll be a success but I'd say he'll be at least as good as Kent attacking wise.