Morelos 18 goals last season 16 so far this.

keithgersbear

3 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

Of course everyone is for sale - but people will be sold on our terms, particularly those of big value to us. I get the Windass comparison but given the clubs that were interested in him were Wigan, Ipswich & Rotherham. We were never going to get top money for him & given he & Gerrard were at odds over his role in the side it actually ended up being an ok bit of business. 

This financial year will show a loss at a net profit level due to player amortisation but we'll be profitable at a trading/operating level  

I suspect Morelos will besold in the summer though as we've reached a ceiling on what we can pay him.

I guess it depends how Gerrard views the situation in January and who he thinks we can get in as a replacement for him, maybe he sees the team going a different way and Morelos not fitting that particular style and Solanke being that man to fill that role  but without better midfielders and even keeping Morelos who's been in excellent form we are not winning the league. 

1 minute ago, gogzy said:

Sold for 20m 😄

Not a penny less.

Who do we buy then?  I really don’t like this scenario. To get someone of his ability we will have to spend a shit load so I don’t see the upside to this. Sure, let’s sell  him, but on our terms and when he wants to go. 

1 minute ago, Hadron Collider said:

Who do we buy then?  I really don’t like this scenario. To get someone of his ability we will have to spend a shit load so I don’t see the upside to this. Sure, let’s sell  him, but on our terms and when he wants to go. 

Who? - no idea, but we should be able to find a replacement for half of 20m no bother ( or a couple of players to give us options)

I don't want him sold, but understand he almost certainly will be ( if not in january, then probably in summer)

We got someone of his ability for 1m quid.....him.

I agree with the last part, but those would be my terms lol, I don't want him leaving for any less than 20m.

12 minutes ago, gogzy said:

Who? - no idea, but we should be able to find a replacement for half of 20m no bother ( or a couple of players to give us options)

I don't want him sold, but understand he almost certainly will be ( if not in january, then probably in summer)

We got someone of his ability for 1m quid.....him.

I agree with the last part, but those would be my terms lol, I don't want him leaving for any less than 20m.

Hope SG has a huge say in this and decides to give Alf even more to stay. Sounds like he will be pissed off if we sell him. He’s trying to get us the league and selling our best players doesn’t do that. A couple of better supporting players in January and we can take the league and on to Champions League next year. Hopefully that would help in keeping Alfredo. 

6 minutes ago, Hadron Collider said:

Hope SG has a huge say in this and decides to give Alf even more to stay. Sounds like he will be pissed off if we sell him. He’s trying to get us the league and selling our best players doesn’t do that. A couple of better supporting players in January and we can take the league and on to Champions League next year. Hopefully that would help in keeping Alfredo. 

Hopefully you are the one that sees it how it's going to play out mate, rather than me 😄

46 minutes ago, MisterC said:

I think we should have brought boyd back instead of Lafferty, imagine boyd and morelos up front together they would wreck havoc

Nah, Boyds half arsed lazy efforts last time were worse than anything Lafferty ever did imo.

Imagine playing for Rangers and not trying.

6 hours ago, Smile said:

I guess it depends how Gerrard views the situation in January and who he thinks we can get in as a replacement for him, maybe he sees the team going a different way and Morelos not fitting that particular style and Solanke being that man to fill that role  but without better midfielders and even keeping Morelos who's been in excellent form we are not winning the league. 

So the complete opposite of what Gerrard has said recently then? 

He's just done an interview talking about how much he loves him, and will fall out with people if he is sold. 

5 hours ago, Rangers_no1 said:

An opinion based on absolutely nothing.

Ryan Jack shits himself against Brown and the scum practically every time he plays them!

Honestly don’t know the obsession over Brown, we hear this all the time with any midfielder we have.

On 25/11/2018 at 12:04, keithgersbear said:

Excellent improvement. Think he will hit 30-35 goals by the season is over. 

How much of this is down to the manager?

Does our manager see so much potential, that he's been consistently willing to give the player a seemingly eternal, 'one last forgiveness'.

Personally, I boody well would... Perhaps Sir Alex did so with Cantona...?

Just a wee question that has come to mind - zero agenda on same.

9 hours ago, Rum Ham said:

So the complete opposite of what Gerrard has said recently then? 

He's just done an interview talking about how much he loves him, and will fall out with people if he is sold. 

A similar interview was done on Windass as well how he was brilliant and was going to be a main player in the team, You can never take what said in an interview as confirmation on keeping a player.

14 hours ago, Rangers_no1 said:

An opinion based on absolutely nothing.

Ryan Jack shits himself against Brown and the scum practically every time he plays them!

Jack and Ejaria and even Arfield are squad players we need stronger and better in midfield if we are to challenge for the league none of the three are consistent enough, all good players but not always at it.

5 minutes ago, Smile said:

Jack and Ejaria and even Arfield are squad players we need stronger and better in midfield if we are to challenge for the league none of the three are consistent enough, all good players but not always at it.

You’ve got a real bee in your bonnet about our midfield. 😂

1 minute ago, The Wire said:

You’ve got a real bee in your bonnet about our midfield. 😂

YesI have, as I say I think it weakens us and even makes our defence look shit which I think would be much better with better quality in front of them.  

I think it's not because they are poor players they just are not consistent enough to be Rangers players if they were at a Hearts or a Hibs they would look great as they do not have to be on it every game.