Gerrard Post Match Reaction

Laudrup1984

8 hours ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Flanagan aside who would you have picked differently, half this place was screaming for Middleton, Arfield was suspended  so the obvious replacement is Jack. 

McCrorrie or Rossiter are a better shout than Coulibaly  Grezda is a better shout than Middleton  and as previously stateed on here Halliday or a half fit Barasic or even Wallace is better than Flanagan   We are a little unlucky just now with our more creative players being injured Kent Dorans and Murphy would add a lot to team  we do need to add attacking midfield quality in January 

7 hours ago, Cedrick said:

Flanagan started off the season great , one of two iffy performances presented him with the honour of being listed along side Alec Clelland , Craig Moore, edu , Charlie Adam and many more , the supports must have whipping boy , he’s not coping well with it , shadow of the player he was a month ago 

Are you watching the same player that I am ???? He is brutal this is a player who couldn’t get a game for Burnley or even Bolton when on loan last season  the long term injury he suffered a couple of yrs back has finished him  he is dreadfull get Barasic fit ASAP  but until then Halliday is a much better option 

9 minutes ago, GeeSS said:

Are you watching the same player that I am ???? He is brutal this is a player who couldn’t get a game for Burnley or even Bolton when on loan last season  the long term injury he suffered a couple of yrs back has finished him  he is dreadfull get Barasic fit ASAP  but until then Halliday is a much better option 

Up until a couple of weeks ago he was a warrior just what we’ve been missing etc according to everybody 

2 hours ago, Courtyard Bear said:

That is so depressing it’s scary. 

Perhaps but I think both would improve us. Dowell seems a lot more attack minded than anybody we currently play in the middle of the park and Davis is still a better player than anybody else we have there.

I’d love for us to go out and sign a big name, high profile signing for a lot of money, but I’m also wary of doing that in January because it’s not a good time to do business. Too much panic buying and over inflated prices. For me it’s a window for supplementing what you have rather than making big statements. 

2 hours ago, Courtyard Bear said:

They kill us down Tav’s side as well, you want him dropped as well. 

The point I’m making and your having a hard time understanding is Flanagan or Halliday or god forbid Wallace, the result would still have been the same. 

My main point, which is what the thread is about, is the gaffer must take the criticism he will rightly get as he selected the wrong team, namely Flanagan and Coulibally. 

Everyone was poor however most them were brilliant on Sunday, with the exception of Flanagan who never played, and Coulibally who has been utter shite for weeks.

54 minutes ago, fanaticCR said:

My main point, which is what the thread is about, is the gaffer must take the criticism he will rightly get as he selected the wrong team, namely Flanagan and Coulibally. 

Everyone was poor however most them were brilliant on Sunday, with the exception of Flanagan who never played, and Coulibally who has been utter shite for weeks.

Mate I’ll leave you in your own wee world. 

Not one of them turned up last night, not one of them followed the game plan. Changing those 2 you mention would’ve made no difference on the night. But if it makes you feel better then continue to scream at the moon  

Just now, Courtyard Bear said:

Mate I’ll leave you in your own wee world. 

Not one of them turned up last night, not one of them followed the game plan. Changing those 2 you mention would’ve made no difference on the night. But if it makes you feel better then continue to scream at the moon  

Ok let’s stick with Flanagan and Coulibally and see where we end up. 

1 hour ago, DBBTB said:

Perhaps but I think both would improve us. Dowell seems a lot more attack minded than anybody we currently play in the middle of the park and Davis is still a better player than anybody else we have there.

I’d love for us to go out and sign a big name, high profile signing for a lot of money, but I’m also wary of doing that in January because it’s not a good time to do business. Too much panic buying and over inflated prices. For me it’s a window for supplementing what you have rather than making big statements. 

No idea about Dowell, the idea of Davis coming back is enough to get the boke. 

5 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Both have played in the games to get us where we are. 

Tell us what difference not playing them last night would’ve made????

Why are you obsessed with last night? We could have won 14-0 and myself and many others who actually watch football would say those 2 players deserve to be dropped. 

Lets just leave it because I cannot be arsed replying anymore. A French loan player and a scouser who can’t  kick with his left foot will bring home 55. 

1 hour ago, DBBTB said:

I tend to agree. I think, especially in January if there’s a point or two in the title race between us and them, adding a guy like Davis who knows the league and the run in will be pretty valuable. I’m not even that covinced I want him back, tbh but I reckon that’ll be the logic and I can see it working.

I’d be surprised if they don’t strengthen and the reality is it’ll probably be a higher calibre of player so we have to hope that they end up with another Musonda/Comper type flop who doesn’t settle immediately. Whereas I think Davis would. 

Edit: Just to add - I think the gaffer’s post match comments are spot on. Calm and measured, a fairly honest assessment of the game and where we’re at right now. 

3 hours ago, GeeSS said:

McCrorrie or Rossiter are a better shout than Coulibaly  Grezda is a better shout than Middleton  and as previously stateed on here Halliday or a half fit Barasic or even Wallace is better than Flanagan   We are a little unlucky just now with our more creative players being injured Kent Dorans and Murphy would add a lot to team  we do need to add attacking midfield quality in January 

Fit and playing well I agree on Rossiter we don’t see him in training though. 

Again Halliday would’ve made no difference last night and if he was playing would’ve been sacrificed same as Flanagan 

18 minutes ago, fanaticCR said:

Why are you obsessed with last night? We could have won 14-0 and myself and many others who actually watch football would say those 2 players deserve to be dropped. 

Lets just leave it because I cannot be arsed replying anymore. A French loan player and a scouser who can’t  kick with his left foot will bring home 55. 

Oh right so you just want them dropped even if we win. 

1 minute ago, fanaticCR said:

Yes we are weaker team with them in it.

Flanagan/Halliday different sides of the same coin. 

Coulibaly needs dropped/rested but all your changing is like for like, nothing on that bench would’ve made any difference last night. 

Its pretty plain we miss Arfield badly when he isn’t there. 

Just now, Courtyard Bear said:

Flanagan/Halliday different sides of the same coin. 

Coulibaly needs dropped/rested but all your changing is like for like, nothing on that bench would’ve made any difference last night. 

Its pretty plain we miss Arfield badly when he isn’t there. 

Ability wise maybe aye but least Halliday is left footed, which makes a hell of a difference when we are going to have as much possession as we did last night. 

5 minutes ago, fanaticCR said:

Ability wise maybe aye but least Halliday is left footed, which makes a hell of a difference when we are going to have as much possession as we did last night. 

I can give you that one, but he would’ve had the same problem with Middleton not wanting to run at his man or get past him at all. 

Again he would’ve been off at halftime as well to let us go 3 at the back. 

You could’ve went 3 at the back with Flanagan in there letting Tav get into Midfield bring off Coulibaly for Grezda  and let Middleton sit behind Mo with Grezda on the left. 

All that said I doubt it would’ve worked either as they just weren’t at the races last night. 

Have been a critic of his after certain games this season but not last night. If your captain goes missing in yet another big game, 2 of your central midfielders bottle it on a level I've never seen before and the 2 strikers who get game time both go on the pitch with the mentality they are going to get sent off there's not a lot you can do from the sidelines.

1 hour ago, Courtyard Bear said:

No idea about Dowell, the idea of Davis coming back is enough to get the boke. 

I wouldn’t be overly happy with it but the link won’t go away and if it happened I could learn to live with it. McGregor and Lafferty have come back with little fuss so I question if Davis would be any different. People will argue that he was captain when he left so him walking out is worse (I agree) but I guarantee he would still get a good reception from most people.