Gerrard Post Match Reaction

Laudrup1984

2 minutes ago, orange&blue92 said:

All these armchair managers.

With hindsight, i wouldn't have picked a team much different with what was available. Most players didn't even give 75%, what chance do you have. When we're favourites the players need to take that burden of pressure and thrive, not crumble and fail. 

Armchair managers :lol: 

I can't argue with Gerrard's post game reaction. For me we need a stronger captain when playing teams who play like thugs. I like Tav but I don't think he can keep the team organised and playing to the plan when we play thug teams. I'm disappointed with the result of tonight's game.

8 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Grezda should never have been dropped. 

Stevie obviously doesnt fancy McCrorie or Rossiter

I agree I would’ve had him in there as well with no Coulibaly on from the start, you can play Middleton wide and when it’s obvious he isn’t going past his man you could bring him inside and put Grezda out wide or simply have them chop and change 

See above about those 2 there is something Stevie doesn’t famcy about them. 

Your right he doesn't fancy them. It's just so frustratingly seeing him persist with coulibaly and Ejaria when they aren't performing. I imagine mccrorie or Rossiter would bust a gut to impress him. 

January really can't come quick enough as tonight again shows the need for a midfield play maker. 

3 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

He wasn’t shite any more than all the rest. So what was the problem in the second half then, your full argument for us losing wasn’t on the pitch??? 

When did I say it was Flanagan’s fault we lost tonight? Quote that part please. 

14 minutes ago, Ibroxholm said:

Not good enough in the middle of the park and wingers who seemed reluctant to take on their man.  I think Flanagan is ok defensively but, in an attacking sense, playing a right footer at left back just slows everything up.  We got nothing from the left side tonight and little from the right side.  The only player we have who seems willing to take on a man is Tav.

I think you shouldn't think at all.

2 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

I can't argue with Gerrard's post game reaction. For me we need a stronger captain when playing teams who play like thugs. I like Tav but I don't think he can keep the team organised and playing to the plan when we play thug teams. I'm disappointed with the result of tonight's game.

Having the wrong captain, normally doesn't mean much. But when your up against it and the entire team are struggling and ibrox is on your back, they will be looking to him. And I don't think he can deliver.

1 minute ago, orange&blue92 said:

every man and their dug knows better when results don't go our way, but in reality, are only doing the opposite of what a manager whos qualified does.

Aye, because people are only complaining about Flanagan and Coulibaly because we got beat :lol: 

3 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

Your right he doesn't fancy them. It's just so frustratingly seeing him persist with coulibaly and Ejaria when they aren't performing. I imagine mccrorie or Rossiter would bust a gut to impress him. 

January really can't come quick enough as tonight again shows the need for a midfield play maker. 

Agreed it’s a playmaker we need, we didn’t lose the midfield battle tonight there wasn’t one, Aberdeen were happy to just give us the midfield they knew we had no real quality to unpick a packed defence. 

1 minute ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Well he’s shite you say, Stevie should never have picked him you say. 

Well he wasn’t on for half the game??

I don’t give a fuck how long he played he’s shite and should never be playing at left back. 

Whats with your hard on over Flanagan? My original point was about him and Coulibally, both of them shouldn’t have started the game. 

Just now, ForeverAndEver said:

Aye, because people are only complaining about Flanagan and Coulibaly because we got beat :lol: 

agreed, they were shite, but who in out current squad could replace them and do better? Halliday, maybe but would no doubt see the same excuse's if the same result happened. Our whole Xi was shite , no point in singling out a few, nobody took responsibility, every player on the park was waiting on somebody making something happen. 

Just now, fanaticCR said:

I don’t give a fuck how long he played he’s shite and should never be playing at left back. 

Whats with your hard on over Flanagan? My original point was about him and Coulibally, both of them shouldn’t have started the game. 

He made no difference to the result on or off the pitch. 

Coulibaly I will give you he shouldn’t have started, but none of what we had on the bench has the capability to unpick that defence tonight, that is the real problem. 

Just now, orange&blue92 said:

agreed, they were shite, but who in out current squad could replace them and do better? Halliday, maybe but would no doubt see the same excuse's if the same result happened. Our whole Xi was shite , no point in singling out a few, nobody took responsibility, every player on the park was waiting on somebody making something happen. 

And here endth the thread. 👍👍

Good night all. 

9 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

Having the wrong captain, normally doesn't mean much. But when your up against it and the entire team are struggling and ibrox is on your back, they will be looking to him. And I don't think he can deliver.

I  think Tav is good as a captain for European games,where they follow the rules of the game to the letter but with the  league games we need to have someone who can keep the team together for the reasons you  mentioned in your post. 

Just now, Courtyard Bear said:

He made no difference to the result on or off the pitch. 

Coulibaly I will give you he shouldn’t have started, but none of what we had on the bench has the capability to unpick that defence tonight, that is the real problem. 

Sound we should stick with him until he costs a goal, even though he kills us playing down the left hand side from defence. 

Agreed, been lacking a creative attacking midfielder for years. 

Just now, Courtyard Bear said:

Agreed it’s a playmaker we need, we didn’t lose the midfield battle tonight there wasn’t one, Aberdeen were happy to just give us the midfield they knew we had no real quality to unpick a packed defence. 

We didn't spend anything in midfield in the summer and its really showing now. 

Hopefully money is spent in January as a playmaker won't come cheap 

Least you agree Coulibally and Flanagan were shite, we got there in the end.

McCrorie and Rossiter are better choices than Coulibaly, and yes Halliday is a better choice considering he's been better than him this season, Wallace and Barisic regardless of how fit they are should be ahead of him as well

1 hour ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Nope, Halliday should be ahead of him, a half fit Wallace should be ahead of him, and a half fit Barisic should be ahead of him.’l

Halliday got roasted and was subbed v Livingstone, why do you think he'd have done better vs Aberfdeen

1 minute ago, ForeverAndEver said:

McCrorie and Rossiter are better choices than Coulibaly, and yes Halliday is a better choice considering he's been better than him this season, Wallace and Barisic regardless of how fit they are should be ahead of him as well

both better players, but can they create more in 90 mins? not sure lad and playing players who aren't fully fit risking longer term injuries would look bad if hampering them for the forseable> Every player was shite mate, the Xi wasn't the problem, it was the effort/intensity of the players on the pitch