Gerrard Post Match Reaction

Laudrup1984

6 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

He’s absolutely spot on btw. That tonight isn’t his fault. He goes for it from 45 onwards and the players yet again let him down. 

The midfield is nowhere near the quality needed at this club and what Gerrard expects. We need at least one top class midfielder in January to push on for this title.

We’re by no means out of it, but fuck me we should be ahead by a bit

He’s responsible for the stupid selections in the line up, which led to the shocking display in first half. 

3 minutes ago, fanaticCR said:

He’s responsible for the stupid selections in the line up, which led to the shocking display in first half. 

The only real decision I’d have made was Middleton for Grezda. 

Flanagan for Halliday was a decent call when you think about how brutal their front line is

12 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Agreed on the midfield.

Jack is okayish, Arfield I rate, the rest I dont really.

Need one or two quality midfielders in in January IMO.

Defo need two quality midfielders as Coulibaly and Ejaria are fucking rank, tho depends on funds available to him.

Fucking woeful performance tonight.

5 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Coulibaly and Flanagan are his fault.

In hindsight aye. Didn’t have any issues with Flanagan when i realised Cosgrove was up top. Halliday has absolutely no chance against him. 

Coulibaly is a 50/50 imo. But after that now he’s done. Nowhere near good enough and been awful for 2 month. It’s Jack Arfield and a new midfielder for me

4 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

In hindsight aye. Didn’t have any issues with Flanagan when i realised Cosgrove was up top. Halliday has absolutely no chance against him. 

Coulibaly is a 50/50 imo. But after that now he’s done. Nowhere near good enough and been awful for 2 month. It’s Jack Arfield and a new midfielder for me

I want Rossiter back starting, Davis could be a decent shout in January too

3 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Nope, Halliday should be ahead of him, a half fit Wallace should be ahead of him, and a half fit Barisic should be ahead of him.’l

"Punched above our weight in certain games"? Is that a reference to Europe, because it certainly doesn't relate to domestic games. The games we've won, I'd EXPECT us to win....even with this squad. We've failed to beat Aberdeen in 3, and barely showed up against 'them'. Winning those games with that squad might just be close to punching above our weight. 

2 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Flanagan against Killie - hooked at h/t

Flanagan against Aberdeen - hooked at h/t

Attocious in Moscow

Atrocious in cup semi

howling last week against Villareal

Yet still, somehow, is our first pick.

Nobody but Gerrard , would play Flanagan 

7 minutes ago, LegendofCoop said:

Agree with that. There didn't seem to be any need to lift his arm at all. 

It would be a harsh straight red card but it falls within the laws of the game under striking.

The ref though must have only believed the force was negligible in order to book him - otherwise it’s meant to be a straight red.

Cant really argue with much of that tbf..if the players have been briefed,told their jobs and what to look out for and choose to ignore it ..well its on themselves really 👍  As an aside,who's the interviewer,btw? Hasn't he been slapped down in a few press conferences before?

I think he’s made an honest enough assessment of the game to be fair. He also made positive substitutions at the right time. However, he has to take a bit of responsibility for selecting Flanagan and Coulibaly in my opinion. Also, it’s a wee bit worrying that some players aren’t taking on his instructions about discipline. I hope he’s handing out a few bollockings behind the scenes because these red cards will eventually scupper any realistic chance we have of winning the league.  Get them telt Stevie!!!

42 minutes ago, fanaticCR said:

Flanagan aside who would you have picked differently, half this place was screaming for Middleton, Arfield was suspended  so the obvious replacement is Jack.