Gerrard Post Match Reaction

Laudrup1984

1 minute ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Flanagan aside who would you have picked differently, half this place was screaming for Middleton, Arfield was suspended  so the obvious replacement is Jack. 

Middleton or Grezda I would be happy with. Literally anyone apart from Coulibally, said in other threads it should have been McCrorie. Even if/when that didn’t work it’d have taken Ejaria off next.

Just now, Courtyard Bear said:

Flanagan didn’t cost us that game so to simply say he is a moron he picked Flanagan is nonsense. 

If you want to say what the fuck was Middleton doing on the field then you would have a point. 

Moan at a young boy but not at a right footed left back who has been utter fucking shite for weeks :lol: 

2 minutes ago, fanaticCR said:

Middleton or Grezda I would be happy with. Literally anyone apart from Coulibally, said in other threads it should have been McCrorie. Even if/when that didn’t work it’d have taken Ejaria off next.

McCrorie a young lad who has hardly kicked a ball all season you want to throw him into what did turn out to be a wrestling match. 

Just now, Courtyard Bear said:

McCrorie a young lad who has hardly kicked a ball all season you want to throw him into what did turn out to be a wrestling match. 

Considering how fit,strong and how much he loves a tackle I’d have no issue. He never struggled against the sheep last year and was MOTM against them at ibrox last season. 

3 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Flanagan aside who would you have picked differently, half this place was screaming for Middleton, Arfield was suspended  so the obvious replacement is Jack. 

I was happy to see Middleton start to be honest. 

I really would have dropped coulibaly and Ejaria as both been have poor for some time. 

With Arfield out I would have used grezda from the start playing in the no 10 role behind Morelos to give us that extra creativity going foward.

With 2 midfielders behind him for cover. Jack and either Rossiter or Mccrorie. 

Not good enough in the middle of the park and wingers who seemed reluctant to take on their man.  I think Flanagan is ok defensively but, in an attacking sense, playing a right footer at left back just slows everything up.  We got nothing from the left side tonight and little from the right side.  The only player we have who seems willing to take on a man is Tav.

Just now, fanaticCR said:

Moan at a young boy but not at a right footed left back who has been utter fucking shite for weeks :lol: 

Your claiming Flanagan was a mistake, remind us where he cost us a goal??? What player was hooked to change the formation??? 

Then remind me of just one time Middleton went past his man tonight??

So you want to moan at Stevie for Flanagan who only played 45 mins, but not for picking Middleton over Grezda and then leaving him on for the full 90 mins as he did nothing except pass it back to the defence. 

4 minutes ago, fanaticCR said:

Considering how fit,strong and how much he loves a tackle I’d have no issue. He never struggled against the sheep last year and was MOTM against them at ibrox last season. 

😂😂 I’m trying to work out if your actually being serious. 

6 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

McCrorie is better equipped to deal with a physical game than some who were on the park, Ejaria and Middleton for example. 

1 minute ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Your claiming Flanagan was a mistake, remind us where he cost us a goal??? What player was hooked to change the formation??? 

So you want to moan at Stevie for Flanagan who only played 45 mins, but not for picking Middleton over Grezda and then leaving him on for the full 90 mins as he did nothing except pass it back to the defence. 

Middleton didn’t have a great game either, he’s a young lad and he should have been subbed. That absolutely does not excuse Gerrard for starting a player who’s constantly shite and dropping Halliday who’s been ideal since he came in.  

3 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Flanagan every single time, will take a pass from Goldson, look down the wing, realise he has to kick with his left foot, then back inside and give the ball back to Goldson. Fucking atrocious. 

2 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

I was happy to see Middleton start to be honest. 

I really would have dropped coulibaly and Ejaria as both been have poor for some time. 

With Arfield out I would have used grezda from the start playing in the no 10 role behind Morelos to give us that extra creativity going foward.

With 2 midfielders behind him for cover. Jack and either Rossiter or Mccrorie. 

Grezda should never have been dropped. 

Stevie obviously doesnt fancy McCrorie or Rossiter

I agree I would’ve had him in there as well with no Coulibaly on from the start, you can play Middleton wide and when it’s obvious he isn’t going past his man you could bring him inside and put Grezda out wide or simply have them chop and change 

See above about those 2 there is something Stevie doesn’t famcy about them. 

4 minutes ago, Brubear said:

McCrorie is better equipped to deal with a physical game than some who were on the park, Ejaria and Middleton for example. 

And when his lack of match sharpness lets him down then what???? 

We didn’t need to win the midfield Aberdeen gave us it, we simply couldn’t be arsed doing anything with it. 

All these armchair managers.

With hindsight, i wouldn't have picked a team much different with what was available. Most players didn't even give 75%, what chance do you have. When we're favourites the players need to take that burden of pressure and thrive, not crumble and fail. 

1 minute ago, fanaticCR said:

Next to the chapter of “he didn’t cost a goal tonight so wasn’t shite”

He wasn’t shite any more than all the rest. So what was the problem in the second half then, your full argument for us losing wasn’t on the pitch???